Dynadot

Can't do anything with SnapNames domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Coral Cove

Know your brand like the back of your hand.Upgraded Member
Impact
After over an hour and four separate phone calls to Network Solutions I finally found out that it is impossible to currently transfer domains registered at Network Solutions that were won at SnapNames. This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of months now with this one domain I have been trying to transfer to GoDaddy. Even worse I don't have access to the domain because for some reason Network Solutions put the domain inside a separate account that they created for me, which they cannot give me access to. Even pushing SnapNames won domains to another Network Solutions account is not an option. Just FYI. And curious if anyone else is going through this.

"Currently all names won at SnapNames cannot be transferred or pushed to any other accounts," states the NS rep.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@taktikz - But eNom's ToS is saying you can still recover them by paying their Redemption Fee. If I have correctly understood their ToS.

Last edited:
•••
I discovered several missing domains, they are still with Moniker but were moved to accounts I don't control. This is very serious.

•••
I have transferred over 90% of my domains won at SnapNames auction this year, successfully yesterday, approx 40 domains in total, which were originally at the old Moniker and new Moniker dumped on NetSol, as well as domains won after the transition which went straight to NetSol. The only domains which didn't transfer were those still under a 60 new registration lock. Once they reached the 60 day limited, these transfers are being approved automatically for the remaining domains. I had to threaten an ICANN complaint before they emailed me the Auth Codes.
Which domains go under lock and which don't?

•••
This is news to me, I've never had any trouble transferring out Snaps that went to NSI. Recently did a batch of a dozen or so and every single one worked fine.

•••
if you just start and pay for the transfer at godaddy ,I think they will help push it or at least advise on the transfer

•••
Which domains go under lock and which don't?

All newly registered domains won in dropping auctions have a 60 day registration lock.

•••
I was worried when a domain I won on SN 7 days ago yet to hit my account. I contacted support and he said the following:
- go to Forgot Details page.
- enter your email address
- then all associated accounts will appear in an email they'll send you.
- copy the id.
- go to Reset Password page
- paste the id
- change the password by visiting the link attached to the email you got.

They won't send you the login details so I guess we should do it by ourselves.

If you won and didn't get the domain yet, try doing these steps. The domain might be in a secret account.

Stupid NetSol.

•••
All newly registered domains won in dropping auctions have a 60 day registration lock.
This makes sense usually i wait a few months to transfer away from those 60 renewal registras

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back