Domain Empire

question Can't buy a parked domain for top $ - Owner won't sell - Please advise.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I'm trying to buy a single-word .com domain from a large domain owner (Reflex Publishing). When I requested for an asking price, Reflex replied that the domain is not for sell.

This domain is currently parked and attracts very low volume of traffic, so it's hardly monetized.

I'm willing to pay $XX,000 for the domain.

Can someone advice on the following?
- Considering the domain low traffic rank, what can be their business model for the domain? Isn't it all about selling a domain for top $?
- Is this a negotiation tactic?
- Is there a recommended way to go about negotiating for this domain?
- Can you share a success story for some one who bought a "not-for-sale" domain?

I'm certainly willing to pay sizable commission for someone who would broker a successful transaction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MarcelProust said:
On icann's website I have read an interesting email. There was a guy who had website which was related to his own business. Another guy who was interested to that domain made a whois search and send an email to the email address on whois info.

The owner was getting lots of spam massages and he didn't feel like it was his responsibility to check 40 spams every single day. Later on the potential buyer when not getting a reply from the owner contacted the registrar and told them the whois infor was incorrect. The registrar send an email to confirm but didn't get a reply either. At the end the registrar canceled the domain.

The owner was very angry and send an email to icann telling that his website was down, his costumers were very upset and he lost a lot of money.

Just read that case based on the link you provided. Thanks also!

All I can say about what happened in that instance is it's a total shame. If the
registrant knew what he ought to know (e.g. used WHOIS privacy), he likely
wouldn't have experienced that problem in the first place.

Pardon the shameless plug, but I wrote a story on a similar thing. Only it was
potentially worst.

•••
I'm trying to buy a single-word .com domain from a large domain owner (Reflex Publishing). When I requested for an asking price, Reflex replied that the domain is not for sell.

This domain is currently parked and attracts very low volume of traffic, so it's hardly monetized.

I'm willing to pay $XX,000 for the domain.

Can someone advice on the following?
- Considering the domain low traffic rank, what can be their business model for the domain? Isn't it all about selling a domain for top $?
- Is this a negotiation tactic?
- Is there a recommended way to go about negotiating for this domain?
- Can you share a success story for some one who bought a "not-for-sale" domain?

I'm certainly willing to pay sizable commission for someone who would broker a successful transaction.
Hey, I am also trying to buy a singleword.com domain from them. They kept insisting that the domain names are not for sale despite offering 1 million USD for it and even sent them proof that I am serious, they still say the domain name is not for sale.
The site is not even getting any traffic nor is monetized. It is a static single empty web page with no activity.
I even asked them to send quote to see for how much they are willing to sell it. But they insisted on saying it is not for sale.
Why are they doing this if they are not even using it? They don't even give reason for it.

Anyone who managed to buy a domain from them, how did you do it?

•••
Hey, I am also trying to buy a singleword.com domain from them. They kept insisting that the domain names are not for sale despite offering 1 million USD for it and even sent them proof that I am serious, they still say the domain name is not for sale.
The site is not even getting any traffic nor is monetized. It is a static single empty web page with no activity.
I even asked them to send quote to see for how much they are willing to sell it. But they insisted on saying it is not for sale.
Why are they doing this if they are not even using it? They don't even give reason for it.

Anyone who managed to buy a domain from them, how did you do it?
My man bumped a almost 20 year old thread lol

$1m? Buy one of mine for 1k bro lol

Good luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back