Dynadot

advice Domain sold with auto-renewal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Messiah

Active MemberTop Member
Impact
I have sold a domain on flippa yesterday. Unfortunately, the domain was set for auto-renewal. Since there was account change, are the billing details updated based on new user account? Or will I get billed?

Thanks,
Messiah

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nope. The new owner's payment method will be used.

You no need to pay for a domain which you don't have ownership.

•••
•••
I have sold a domain on flippa yesterday. Unfortunately, the domain was set for auto-renewal. Since there was account change, are the billing details updated based on new user account? Or will I get billed?

Thanks,
Messiah
There is no domain with auto-renewal. Auto-renewals are tied to your account not to domains. After a domain get out from your account, auto-renewal will be terminated :)

•••
•••
There is no domain with auto-renewal. Auto-renewals are tied to your account not to domains.

No Bro, Auto-renewal not only tied with account. You can enable or disable auto-renewal for each domain separately.

After a domain get out from your account, auto-renewal will be terminated :)

It depends upon the new owner's profile settings :)

But the point is Messiah's CC will not be charged for this renewal :)

Last edited:
•••
No Bro, Auto-renewal not only tied with account. You can enable or disable auto-renewal for each domain separately.

It depends upon the new owner's profile settings :)

But the point is Messiah's CC will not be charged for this renewal :)
Just tried to explain the progress with a few sentences. But yes.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back