Dynadot

.info Can you reg .INFO for more than one year at a time?

Spaceship
Watch
Can you reg .INFO for more than one year at a time?

If not, is it posible if you become ICANN accredited registrar to reg a .INFO for more than one year at a time?

tanx :)

PS. One more question. Exactly how much does it cost to get ICANN accreditation(spelling?)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can register a .INFO for more than one year. :)

ICANN accreditation costs $2500.

•••
Can just anyone with $2500 get ICANN accreditation or are there other prequalifications.

I could swear that you could not reg .INFO for mor than one year. Thanks for the info.

•••
•••
•••
Affilias which runs .info limits the promotion to 1 year for registrars. They charge registrars full price (5.75) for each additional year.

•••
Yes, you can but the price for 2nd years onwards will not be that cheap.
(I heard the promotion ended last year, right?)

•••
a more realistic full ICANN addreditation and becomig a registrar is closer to $75,000 to $100,000 after you add all capital.

•••
You can register .info up to 10 years at once at my registrar and I bet elsewhere.(I don't want to promote my registrar because a personal decision, sorry)
You just perform a search whithin the biggest registrars to have your question answered.

•••
AS previously stated, you can reg or renew for more than 1 year, but not at promotional prices. some registrars may have built in a safety factor to prevent doing this. I have tested and found that by selecting 2 years at one registrar, you don't even get the promotional pricing on the 1 year. therefore, best to register or rewew for one year then add the 2nd or additional years in a separate transaction.

The .info ICANN accreditation fee assumes you are already an ICANN accredited registrar in general with .com/net accreditation. the info fee is an addon for that TLD. I'd think to become accredited would cost at very minimum $30-40K, not counting the required liquid asset, hardware, software, and bandwidth provider requirements. As said, you could easily pay $100k to become accredited.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back