NameSilo

Can you make money with a coupon site?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have the domain scimpy dot com and thought it would work well with a coupon type site. But I don't know if these type sites bring in any revenue ect. I would appreciate any advice.
tia

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The ones that do it WELL bring in plenty of money, but coupon sites are labor-intensive. If your coupons aren't up-to-date, expiration and terms verified,etc. nobody's going to trust your site. You'd be handling datafeeds from different sources in different formats. OR, you could use one of the coupon aggregator services, but the good ones aren't cheap. The best one is about $500/month.

•••
Thanks texasgamer for asking this question i was thinking of something like this too, well i also what to know if ready script or ready website template is available for coupon site where i can insert my coupons, any ideas ???

•••
Unless you can have users submitting coupons it will be very difficult to get it running. But if it can get off the ground, it will bring in good returns.

•••
Thanks for the info everyone~!

•••
The ones that do it WELL bring in plenty of money, but coupon sites are labor-intensive. If your coupons aren't up-to-date, expiration and terms verified,etc. nobody's going to trust your site. You'd be handling datafeeds from different sources in different formats. OR, you could use one of the coupon aggregator services, but the good ones aren't cheap. The best one is about $500/month.

Yes, Well said. It is extremely difficult to develop a coupon website from scratch. I have developed my coupon software with all features needed(filters coupons by expiry date). It took me several months to develop and still 15-30 days work is there. All work is automated and on click of a button it will download all coupons and insert into database.

Those who cannot develop can use some other 3rd party services.

•••
The domain look great but you will need to promote your site first then i think you will make more profit as your site famous with coupon code.

•••
I am not able to find on your website scimpy.com. i think domain is expired now...???

•••
Just like any other types of sites you need to be best (or at least one of the best) in your niche to make a lot of money. It takes a lot of work and focus to build visit trust and loyalty.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back