NameSilo

Can you depend on type in traffic to sell names?

Labeled as question in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by dave321, Jan 13, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. dave321

dave321 New Member

I dont want to beat a dead horse, Ive read a lot of threads. But...

I keep reading... If its a good domain it will sell itself.

But how many good keyword brandable domains do you need to make sales with type in traffic? I know there are a lot of variables to consider but Id really love to hear someone give some ballpark numbers on this.

thanks

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

It doesn’t matter inbound or outbound; in general average portfolio sells 0 to 5% per year, most leaning on the lower end percentage wise. There are people who do more than that by flipping for very low prices. There are people who do more than that by having spectacular names. But most portfolio owners fall into that range.

What you need to rely on for sales first and foremost is good names.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  3. nydomain

nydomain Established Member

To answer your question, for most domains type in traffic is fairly low these days compared to a decade or two ago. That said, potential buyers may visit if they want your name

So how do they sell? Sure some type-ins, searching on registrars, domain marketplaces, auctions, forums, etc.

Tough question to answer about how many good keyword domains are needed to start selling. It really comes down to the details to increase your chances of selling. Here’s a link with factors I tend to consider to ensure quality.

I’d say above post is about right (0-5% annually) probably around 2% or so as a rule of thumb assuming you have a good portfolio.

4. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

The truth is parking a domain and not a developed site will give virtually no indication of a sites potential and even with massive amount of searches until you have unique content. I have a site with lots of searches 500k but fail to have in 1st page.

5. dave321

dave321 New Member

delete this reply Posted twice oops. ty

6. dave321

dave321 New Member

So if you had a brandable domain, how would you develop the site to sell it?

7. du6262

du6262 Established Member

I still value domain traffic very much, because the domain name corresponds to the end users:xf.smile:

8. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

Wrong question as brands have no traffic. I have brands on startrz.com as turnkey sites.
    The question you should ask is with 500k searches how to benefit as i been using not unique content but duplicated content which is my hinderance. It is licenced content but not only site displaying it. If you have a brand what are you promoting? Now buy generic names to suit.

9. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi
    the horse is not dead, so stop beating it

which one's in particular?

if, you keep seeing that same line over and over, then obviously it means something.
    so, take it literally.... and keep reading more threads.

imo....

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice