Dynadot

question Can Someone Please...?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Muhammad Ijaz

Established Member
Impact
Can Someone please explain the procedure for giving a domain for lease with examples? Should The Lease Price Be Given According To The Wholesale Price Of The Domain Or...…?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hi

basically it's simple math

divide the price, by # months to pay balance in full

when you go deeper, then there's interest, down payments, late payments, and forfeiture of agreement clauses, etc, etc.

try to goog it, lots of examples

imo….

•••
hi

basically it's simple math

divide the price, by # months to pay balance in full

when you go deeper, then there's interest, down payments, late payments, and forfeiture of agreement clauses, etc, etc.

try to goog it, lots of examples

imo….
Can You Please Tell The Procedure from what I mean is that through escrow or PayPal to ensure the payment and will the domain be in the name of the one leasing or me as the owner?

•••
Can You Please Tell The Procedure from what I mean is that through escrow or PayPal to ensure the payment and will the domain be in the name of the one leasing or me as the owner?

you, can make up your own procedure

whether you want to be paid via paypal or escrow, is your choice to make

you, the domain owner are in control, "you maintain ownership" until all money is paid in full

you, may only have to change the nameservers for the client/person leasing from you. until money is paid in full

then you transfer the domain to them

imo...

•••

you, the domain owner are in control, "you maintain ownership" until all money is paid in full

you, may only have to change the nameservers for the client/person leasing from you. until money is paid in full

imo...
Thanks, But Does Rent Only Have To Be according To Resellers Price, Or the norm Is according To End Users Price?

•••
Thanks, But Does Rent Only Have To Be according To Resellers Price, Or the norm Is according To End Users Price?

you, are in control

therefore, you can give whatever price that makes "you" happy.

imo….

•••
Offer option to pay in full, or pay over time. Pay in full price should be lower.

Buyer should pay for cost of lease (interest, domain holding costs, etc.).

•••
Just remember that if you're leasing a high value domain, there's always a risk that the user might end up trashing that domains reputation.

Eg. Gab.com was being leased I believe, and now it hosts a very controversial social network. They even got shut down a few days back.

If the lease ended you've then got a domain no one will ever want to touch.

•••

imo...
Thank You For The Input!

•••
•••
Offer option to pay in full, or pay over time. Pay in full price should be lower.

Buyer should pay for cost of lease (interest, domain holding costs, etc.).
Thanks For The Input!

•••
Just remember that if you're leasing a high value domain, there's always a risk that the user might end up trashing that domains reputation.

Eg. Gab.com was being leased I believe, and now it hosts a very controversial social network. They even got shut down a few days back.

If the lease ended you've then got a domain no one will ever want to touch.
Thanks For The Input!

•••
Can Someone please tell me that if I put my domains on parking how much should I expect from 133 domains which are not high value? Can Someone tell me an average?

Last edited:
•••
I am pretty sure Epik is still the leader for domain leasing.

Here is an overview:

https://epik.com/blog/leasing-domains-how-we-do-it-at-epik-and-how-you-can-too.html

Here is a how-to:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

General guideline on pricing is price a lease at 1% of the selling price per month. This a rental fee without contribution to principal. If you just want structured payments, that is also possible, and is tailored to whatever the buyer can commit to in terms of payment cadence and size.

As for who leases your domain, it is good to do some diligence. Specific to Gab.com, things did work out there and Gab is apparently buying out the domain lease shortly from the owner of the domain. Epik is the registrar as has been covered elsewhere at NP at length.

Good luck.

•••
I am pretty sure Epik is still the leader for domain leasing.

Here is an overview:

https://epik.com/blog/leasing-domains-how-we-do-it-at-epik-and-how-you-can-too.html

Here is a how-to:

https://www.epik.com/support/knowledgebase/selling-and-leasing-domains-on-epik/

General guideline on pricing is price a lease at 1% of the selling price per month. This a rental fee without contribution to principal. If you just want structured payments, that is also possible, and is tailored to whatever the buyer can commit to in terms of payment cadence and size.

As for who leases your domain, it is good to do some diligence. Specific to Gab.com, things did work out there and Gab is apparently buying out the domain lease shortly from the owner of the domain. Epik is the registrar as has been covered elsewhere at NP at length.

Good luck.
Thank You Very Much! I Really Appreciate Your Response!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back