IT.COM

status-resolved Can only create 2 threads?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Is it just me, or are members only able to have 2 open threads in the marketplace forums?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two that's correct.

As a free member you get 2 active marketplace listings, if you should move up to VIP you get 3 active marketplace listings. So you have to keep in mind an auction may take a week or more to close. You can only run two total listings at the same time.

You can pay $5 a month and become a Namepros supporter, you can do this day one, so you don’t have to wait to become established or VIP. The sole reason for doing this IMO is to double your available marketplace listings. You have 4 active listings available to you at this level.

If you feel like spending $10 a month, you can get a business account. There are some good perks with this account, number one being you can have 6 active listings, although currently this number is at 10.

Again let me make clear, right now even though the official account level page says 6 active listings, I spoke to Eric Lyon and he told me the following: “It used to be 6 and still says 6 in most of the official guides, however we have been allowing up to 10 for now until we are able to gather more data, research.”

Namepros Seller's Guide

Last edited:
•••
Was going to ask the same question. Still seems very restrictive. I have several sites I am selling presently and had hoped to list here.

I think allowing all users to post as many for sale listings as they wanted would be very popular.

Failing that, you could charge for a "for sale" listing (if you really must) say $10.

For now, you can't serve me, which is a shame for an otherwise quite good forum.

•••
you could charge for a "for sale" listing (if you really must) say $10.
You may consider upgrading to a Business Account for $10. That currently allows you to have 10 active listings. When you're done with a listing, you can close it to open another at no additional charge. In two days, you could have had 20 listings. In 10 days, you could have had 100 listings. And so on. By having less active listings on the site, the listings that are active receive more exposure.

Hope that helps,

•••

That's not bad, Eric, thanks. If that's a one-time or annual $10, I think I will go for it.

Just had a look at it, it's monthly. It also states you may only have 6 active Marketplace listings.

Don't want to pay $120 for six marketplace listings. Flippa is cheaper than that. Yes, I know they are recurring but I will probably only need about half a dozen.

Last edited:
•••
If that's a one-time or annual $10, I think I will go for it.
Yes, you can subscribe and then visit the Upgrade page again to use the "Cancel" button. That is the equivalent of a one-time charge, because once cancelled, your account remains upgraded for the duration that you already paid for.

you may only have 6 active Marketplace listings.
Please see the previous post by @equity78. It is currently 10 active marketplace listings for a Business Account. It will likely return to 6 at some point, but not anytime soon.

Hope that helps,

•••
Thanks, Eric. I'll give it a go.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back