Dynadot

Can I Sell A Newly Registered Domain

NameSilo
Watch

Jaymie

Established Member
Impact
Hello sirs and madams, I just registered awesome new domain names. actually now, they are 11days old. Is it possible to find a buyer on flippa or anywhere since it has no page rank nor alexa ranking?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And why do you think the buyers would need page rank (which does not exist for couple of months already btw) or alexa rank? Are you going to sell domains with good names or SEO domains? These are two completely different stories.

•••
And why do you think the buyers would need page rank (which does not exist for couple of months already btw) or alexa rank? Are you going to sell domains with good names or SEO domains? These are two completely different stories.

thanks, so you mean a new domain can be sold?

•••
The only issues you might face are transfer limitations, and "age aficionados".

Best of luck! :)

•••
Most of the domains people buy have no alexa info.

•••
The only issues you might face are transfer limitations, and "age aficionados".

Best of luck! :)

Thanks a lot

•••
thanks, so you mean a new domain can be sold?
Why not? It just can't be transferred to different registrar during 60 days, so the only procedure is changing the owner account within the same registrar.

•••
If you are pushing them you should be fine. if people want the auth code to transfer to another reg it is limited i think to 60 days + but a push should go through unless your at some crazy reg.

•••
Yes. You can sell your domain in the same day of registration. (Push to the same registrar)

Page Rank/Alexa is depends upon the buyer's requirement. (Your domain name itself is the primary factor in most cases than PR and Alexa)

If your buyer wants to transfer your domain name to another registrar, then you have to wait 60 days (Registrar lock).

BTW, Welcome to Namepros!

Last edited:
•••
Yes. You can sell your domain in the same day of registration. (Push to the same registrar)

Page Rank/Alexa is depends upon the buyer's requirement. (Your domain name itself is the primary factor in most cases than PR and Alexa)

If your buyers wants to transfer your domain name to another registrar, then you have to wait 60 days (Registrar lock).

Thank you very much

•••
I just registered awesome new domain names
Every newbie, including my humble self, thinks he has registered awesome domain names, until. Until...

•••
Welcome Sir Jaymie! If you got questions; this is the place to ask. ALOT of experienced domainers here. I learn something new everyday from this community. Hop on a few threads and SOAK it up, but at the same time do you ;)

Best of luck!!

•••
All the best Jaymie. Would you share your awesome new domain here?

•••
Yes you can sell newly registered domains. But you cannot transfer them to other registrars if the buyer requests. You have to wait 60 days [ICANN Policy]. But you can push the domain to his/her account on same registrar.

•••
You can search for owner and once you find one, you can sell your domain.

•••

If your buyer wants to transfer your domain name to another registrar, then you have to wait 60 days (Registrar lock).

I Guess you got to wait at least 10 Days to PUSH the domain with the Same registrar , isn't it ?

•••
Th
I Guess you got to wait at least 10 Days to PUSH the domain with the Same registrar , isn't it ?
There is normally no such wait for a push.

•••
Plenty on interesting advice above, and most of it I agree with.

So, yes you can sell the moment the domain is in your acount.

If it's less than 30-60 days old, most registrars won't let you transfer it out, but you can have your buyer get it via a transfer (push) at your current registrar.This is not a big issue.

Don't share or publicise your domain until ready to sell.

Cheers and good luck!

•••
Th

There is normally no such wait for a push.
Really, but every time I wanna PUSH a GoDaddy domain it asks me to wait atleast 10 Days ?

Are you sure a domain can be pushed instantly without waiting ?

•••
Once I bought a domain for .99 cents and sold it for $130 on the same day.
Anything is possible mate

•••
Once I bought a domain for .99 cents and sold it for $130 on the same day.
Anything is possible mate
Just out of curiosity:

What was the domain, and where'd you sell it so quickly?

Inquiring minds...

•••
Thank you all for your advice.

•••
•••

I think you got your answer from above post. Yes you can push your domains immediately. (Some registrar put internal push lock)

•••
Yes, it is possible and can be sold by the same service provider itself from where you are buying those domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back