NameSilo

Can I pay a domain only with my PayPal, without credit/debit card

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GIRLIU

Established Member
Impact
I tried to register a new domain and when it comes to pay with my PayPal account, it showed this:
"To complete your purchase, please add a new credit card or debit card."
I have no cards. Are there some ways to order that domain and to pay it via PayPal, without adding this card stuff?

PROBLEM SOLVED! :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe paypal usually requires some form of funding source on your account. Do you have a bank account linked to paypal?

•••
Where are you trying to buy the domain at?

Do you have the option of a pre-paid card?

•••
At cheapdomain.com.
Maybe it's a shame, but currently, I don't use any bank cards. All the money I get is coming from: cash (from hand to hand), Western Union and PayPal.

•••
At cheapdomain.com.
Maybe it's a shame, but currently, I don't use any bank cards. All the money I get is coming from: cash (from hand to hand), Western Union and PayPal.

Western Union lets you put money onto a pre-paid card, right?

I'm not sure if the trouble you're having is from Paypal or cheapdomain.com (which I've never used), but you should be able to buy a domain with paypal balance.

•••
Dynadot allows you to pay with paypal.

•••
Moniker also allows you to register domains using a verified Paypal (without credit card).

•••
Thank you, friends! BUT

$4.99 for my .info-domain in dynadot.com and $6.99 for the same in moniker.com.
I wanted to buy an .info domain for ~ $1.99...
Thank you, anyway.

•••
They seem to be a Godaddy reseller and Godaddy DOES take Paypal. I would send them an email and ask them about this.

•••
The problem he is having is with paypal.'
Paypal wants a cc or debit card associated with his account.

This is not a problem of any registrar, it does not have a thing to do with any registrar that takes paypal.

You will have to get one of those cards to add to your paypal account.

My suggestion if you do not have either?
CONTACT PAYPAL......

For to tell you the truth?
Any and all posts here will not help you a single bit.

•••
Are you maybe using Godaddy with a discount code to registre a domain? Generally, for the best codes, Godaddy will not accept Paypal.

•••
No, it wasn't. It was at cheapdomain.com.
I don't understand these registrations very well and I imagined that if I have money in my PayPal it'll be okay to buy; all my good ideas are still available (not registered yet), but this credit cards made me a problem.
Whatever...Thank you for your nice answers!

•••
Problem solved. :) I already own a good domain :):)

•••
Thats gud that you got your domain... but I heard that its necessary to show your bank cards..while using paypal first time to buy anything..

Last edited:
•••
As iowadawg says, GoDaddy requires your PayPal Account to have an alternative funding source (cc or bank). I pay that way at GoDaddy, but then my PayPal does have an alternative funding source.

Question: How did you solve your problem.

•••
Just found a seller who uses Paypal. :) Sorry for my late answer. Long time no see.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back