Dynadot

domain Can a newly registered domain name sold for 4-5 figures - callingtablet.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

prateek1987

Impact
Hi all namepros members.
I am a newbie domainer and investing in some good domain names for around a year. After one year of struggle i recently found a good domain name (dot) com with around 4400 searches/month as per new adword planner. The name actually is (callingtablet.com) and i am wondering if the name can grab a good deal for 4-5 figures if i use sedo or godaddy featured listing.
Please advice me for the same and suggest me for what can i do now.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
4000 searches is nothing. some domain names don't depend on searches, depend on meaning.

for your name, I don't see brandability. But It will have value if you develop it. You can earn money from ads or affiliate programs. because there is a niche for chosen keyword.

•••
You're better off spending 50-100 for a good domain that's been registered for a few years rather than laying out the same amount on a bunch of regfee names hoping to get lucky. JMHO

•••
•••
Can a newly registered domain name sold for 4-5 figures?

It's not impossible.

But can your domain sell for 4-5 figures? Probably not.

•••
Nice pick-up for a hand reg. Checking Google it looks like the term is currently limited to India, but is being used in marketing there. It also looks like it could have a limited lifespan if it becomes a standard feature of tablets.

Hand reg'd domains definitely do sell for 4 figures. If you get an interested buyer, I wouldn't sell your name for less than low xxxx

One issue with the sales price is that I find many Indian endusers don't value domains as highly as we think they should.

•••
Hand reg'd domains definitely do sell for 4 figures. If you get an interested buyer
The usual question which is often ignored is: how often does that happen?

•••
The usual question which is often ignored is: how often does that happen?

The answer to that question doesn't matter. Each name is a unique case. A lot of people register garbage that doesn't sell, but, that has no effect on good names.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

The answer to that question doesn't matter. Each name is a unique case. A lot of people register garbage that doesn't sell, but, that has no effect on good names.

I should say that Alien does have a valid point when it comes to unrealistic new regs. It's all about being selective and being able to recognize potential oportunities.

•••
How often does a newly regged domain sell for 4-5 figures?
Not that damn often!

Big reason why today if you can hand reg a domain, it is a crap domain.

Now this domain?

Come on, India or Tuvalu, who cares about a crap tablet domain?

To tell someone to not sell a crap domain for less than xxxx, leads a new person to then turn down decent xx to xxx offer that should be taken.

Hey there, callling tablet.
Can you hear me?

Be truthful, do not reg this domain and save your money.

Read about domains and how to buy and sell right here on namepros.

•••
I wouldn't suggest you not to register it but the xxxx appraisal seems way to generous.

You certainly can make good money with a hand regd domain ( most likely they are dropped domains though, which is different ) but it's not that common. I mean you really have to pick up a new trend that explodes after you reg the domain, or being so lucky to find and end user who wants to spend a lot of money right on your name...Most likely you will have to keep that name for years..and maybe one day...or maybe not

•••
How often does a newly regged domain sell for 4-5 figures?
Not that damn often!

Big reason why today if you can hand reg a domain, it is a crap domain.

Now this domain?

Come on, India or Tuvalu, who cares about a crap tablet domain?

To tell someone to not sell a crap domain for less than xxxx, leads a new person to then turn down decent xx to xxx offer that should be taken.

Hey there, callling tablet.
Can you hear me?

Be truthful, do not reg this domain and save your money.

Read about domains and how to buy and sell right here on namepros.
I am hearing you sir. ..Thanks for your suggestion..India or Tuvalu..There's a difference of 1.237 BILLION....I think someone do cares...Don't know about xx....or...xxx...but knew something positive from all..:)

•••
Be truthful

Sounds like a bold accusation.

Putting India and Tuvalu in the same category is ridiculous. India is a huge tech market.

I'm not sure what you mean about... Calling Tablet can you hear me?

They are referring to tablets that have SIM cards and can make phone calls as "Calling Tablets"

This is not a "crap domain", it's a decent domain, but as I said it likely has a limited shelf life.

If this name gets an interested buyer the price should be a minimum of xxxx. One "calling tablet" is likely around that number. It's a good name for a retailer to have.

I'm giving advice based on experience. I have recieved offers and sold names for xxxx that I've registered within the same year. Within the past couple of months one of those was from a tech company with it's headquarters in India.

•••
Well even the so-called "good names" don't sell. You can see the various threads here at Namepros peppered with people saying they have good names, yet no takers or just worth reg fee to others.

Most of these people hang-on to their names renewing them, because they get inspired by people telling them "you can sell it for boatloads of money......IF (and that's a big IF) the right buyer comes along".

I think the better way to say it, is to classify these domains as LOTTERY DOMAINS. Heads, it will sell, Tails it won't sell.

•••
Well even the so-called "good names" don't sell. You can see the various threads here at Namepros peppered with people saying they have good names, yet no takers or just worth reg fee to others.

Most of these people hang-on to their names renewing them, because they get inspired by people telling them "you can sell it for boatloads of money......IF (and that's a big IF) the right buyer comes along".

I think the better way to say it, is to classify these domains as LOTTERY DOMAINS. Heads, it will sell, Tails it won't sell.

I am afraid the domain industry is all a BIG IF.

No certainty unless you own top premium domains like cars, travel,business all in the .com!!!!!

For all others I think it's about losing money, refining skills, sell something, scale it. Not necessarily in this order :) :lol:

•••
simple answer is YES! a newly registered domain can be sold for 4 figures! (...)

•••

I understand what you're saying and can agree to an extent, but, a lottery win is just a matter of dumb luck. That doesn't give the OP the credit he deserves.

He kept an eye out for trends around him and registered a name that didn't mean anything a few months ago, but now is a term on the upswing in his country. It's a product gaining in popularity that can easily be sold online, easily shipped, people buying them are likely to do research online etc...it has been reported that the tablet industry in India is a 2 billion dollar industry.

I was very realistic in my advise. I always said 'if' he finds a buyer (which isn't an outrageous idea), I mentioned the possibility of the domain no longer being relevant if the feature becomes standard and the hurdle of Indian end users not always valuing domains as high as others.

All that considered...

Low xxxx isn't "boatloads" of money. It's a reasonable price to ask for this type of domain.

I made no guarantees that the name will sell, but the OP did a good job in registering this domain. Hand reg's and new members shouldn't always be painted with the same reg fee brush.

•••
new reg domain will sell xxxx? chances are 1% out of 1000. We know that the value of the name is in the eye of the buyer, but if you are a new company would you think that securing your online presence before putting up a company is a must "do"? but we still can't say no, because theres a lot of surprises awaits for each and every domain names.

•••
I understand what you're saying and can agree to an extent, but, a lottery win is just a matter of dumb luck. That doesn't give the OP the credit he deserves.

He kept an eye out for trends around him and registered a name that didn't mean anything a few months ago, but now is a term on the upswing in his country. It's a product gaining in popularity that can easily be sold online, easily shipped, people buying them are likely to do research online etc...it has been reported that the tablet industry in India is a 2 billion dollar industry.

I was very realistic in my advise. I always said 'if' he finds a buyer (which isn't an outrageous idea), I mentioned the possibility of the domain no longer being relevant if the feature becomes standard and the hurdle of Indian end users not always valuing domains as high as others.

All that considered...

Low xxxx isn't "boatloads" of money. It's a reasonable price to ask for this type of domain.

I made no guarantees that the name will sell, but the OP did a good job in registering this domain. Hand reg's and new members shouldn't always be painted with the same reg fee brush.
Thanks a lot for appreciation...I am new in the domain industry and suggestions of experienced people like you will surely help me in near future....Thank you all for discussion on my first thread on namepros.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
travelzingy.com| spendholidays.com| holidaygreet.com| futez.com|
beingshopper.com| zgenx.com| propertyhill.com| particular.co| pubxxx.com| categorylisting.com| ensuringenergy.com|

•••
Try to wait 1 year, close to renewal time. See if you are able to sell it for 4-5 figures. You will appreciate it more, every time you pay for renewal fees.

•••
I have sold hand regged domains for $x,xxx+ so yes it can be done! As for this domain I have no experience with tablet domains so no idea on value, sorry.

•••
I have sold hand regged domains for $x,xxx+ so yes it can be done! As for this domain I have no experience with tablet domains so no idea on value, sorry.

hand regd domains or dropped ones if I may ask?

•••
hand regd domains or dropped ones if I may ask?

I hand regged some domains. then I found that there were regged before, then dropped (couple weeks, months, years).

•••
I have sold hand regged domains for $x,xxx+ so yes it can be done!
How many times have you done it?

As was mentioned, nobody is questioning whether it can be done or not. The question is how often. Something you did not mention.

•••
Personal I have sold around one hand reg per month for low xxx but in the same amount of time I sell 20 to 30 drop caught names for between 2.00 to 15.00 most often breaking even or just a little profit. Out of the 2 to 3 thousand names I sold last year only around 12 broke the xx price range and a good percent of those names were bought buy newbies so it does not happen very often a friend of mine though bought a LLL.COM for 6k and sold it a month later for almost 20k. Best to stick to really great domains IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back