domain CakeToppers.com - Cake Toppers

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuyMy.com

Established Member
Impact
Can you please appraise my Cake Toppers domain name?

CakeToppers.com
  1. Acquisition Reason: I bought for our business which makes handmade wedding cake toppers
  2. Markets: Wedding, Birthday and Baby Shower
  3. Research: There are many searches each month for "cake toppers". It was very expensive to pay for this keyword in advertising.
  4. End-User Value: I would guess 5 figure to Lenox, Etsy or TheKnot
  5. Reseller Value: Probably mid or upper 4 figure
  6. Traffic: Just got the domain, about a dozen hits per day, best day was 46, but many more of our etsy shop (image attached)
  7. Revenue: None yet from this site, but our cake topper business has made over $200,000 (see image attached)
  8. Age: 14 years old
  9. Miscellaneous: About 250,000 global searches per month for "cake toppers". Competition is medium at about 50 cents per click. Wedding season slows down the last 4 months of the year then picks up in January.
Thank you for your time, you didn't have to do this and I know that. I appreciate you.

Joshua

Attachments

• caketoppers.jpg
    caketoppers.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 53
  • caketoppers-traffic-sales.jpg
    caketoppers-traffic-sales.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice keyword domain. Several thousand dollars to the right buyer.

The only potential issue though is it not really a primary domain. If you search for cake toppers the top results are Michaels, Target, Party City, Walmart, David's Bridal, etc. It is a popular product offered by many, but rarely the sole focus. Still a great domain.

Brad

•••
Sweet name. Mid $xxxx for the reseller market seems fair.

Brad makes a good point, though with 3D printing getting better and more accessible I could see a business doing really well selling niche or custom cake toppers.

Good luck!

•••
monogramcaketoppers.com sold for 5K six years ago. Good Luck

•••
Sold for $11,600 but never got funds released. Put it back on the market.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back