Dynadot

Hello thanks for having me! I have a domain question for a newby?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam11

Established Member
Impact
Hey NamePro's,

I have a question or two about x3 .com domain names that I have purchased!

The x3 domain names are related to the same company. The domain names are below:

The 1st domain name: is a 5-word information keyword with 12,100 USA searches per month for this

My 2nd domain name: is a 5 buyers keyword with 3600 USA searches per month

My 3rd domain name: is a 7 buyers keyword with 4400 USA monthly searches per month.

Altogether, the keywords that I have turned into domain names generate 20,100 searches per month in the USA.

The keywords are related to a specialized paint company,.

I was thinking of maybe setting up an affiliate Amazon site as a long-term strategy, or just sell the domain names quickly for profit.

How would you monetize these domain names?

Should I set up an affiliate website?, or…

Drive traffic to the domain names, and then sell the domain off?

I would love to know what you think.

Liam

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Liam, Welcome 2 Namepros!!!

•••
Hi welcome to NamePros.

Delet the domains asap. All trademarks.
Yeah, that what I'm about to do, total newby mistake lol

•••
Hey dude, welcome to NP. hope you enjoy your stay here....

With regards to the 3 domains, I think you need to double check to make sure they are not in violation of any trademark laws. If they are then you can monetize and use them but keep in mind that you could get slapped with a trademark claim at anytime. So if you making money from the sites after you set them up, re-invest that money into other projects that would generate a long term income. Don't bank on these domains giving a long term income...maybe they will and you wont get into any trouble with trademarks but there is also a chance that you could get nailed so it's one of those case where you "hope for the best but prepare for the worst"

•••
Welcome to Namepros Liam!

Dont just delete outright, seek more counsel, even from the company , you may be able to use for affiliates, which they may approve, especially where to buy XXXXX.com
Good luck.

•••
Always advisable for newbies to read up and follow discussions on NamePros etc.. before registering any names.. It will save you a fortune.. So many new domainer's (including myself back in the day) rush and register domain names without doing the research first.

Education yourself in what people are buying and what is selling.. Have a look at the 'Request' section of Namepros this shows you what seasoned domainers are currently looking for.

•••
Always advisable for newbies to read up and follow discussions on NamePros etc.. before registering any names.. It will save you a fortune.. So many new domainer's (including myself back in the day) rush and register domain names without doing the research first.

Education yourself in what people are buying and what is selling.. Have a look at the 'Request' section of Namepros this shows you what seasoned domainers are currently looking for.

Educated myself, I have just done that recently. I have purchased x3 domain flipping courses via JVzoo, and they are all very good!

I wish I had the courses before I purchased these domain names a couple of months ago!

•••
You can learn so much just from the threads on Namepros and following some of the more useful blogs as well..

Who is running those courses you purchased as there are of lot of people trying to cash in on noobs

•••
You can learn so much just from the threads on Namepros and following some of the more useful blogs as well..

Who is running those courses you purchased as there are of lot of people trying to cash in on noobs

Hey Nappy thanks for your reply!

I have been through the x3 course, and there is a wealth of actionable, top notch lessons to learn from. The instructor is called Gene Pimentel.

The x3 course are called:

#1: Local domain empire.

#2: Same Day Domain profit.

#3: Easy cash domain.

The course also co with some very time saving software. So I'm pretty happy with it, my only gripe is that I wish I had the video courses sooner, as I wouldn't have purchase x3 trade marked domain names.

You live and learn, I won't make that mistake again lol

Liam

•••
Hi Liam and welcome to namePros!!!
There's lots to read and then more & more!!! You will never run out of things to learn here.

•••
Hi Liam and welcome to namePros!!!
There's lots to read and then more & more!!! You will never run out of things to learn here.

Yeah Thanks Alan!

This is a great & active forum, with lots of great resources I will def use from now on!

•••

Dont just delete outright, seek more counsel, even from the company , you may be able to use for affiliates, which they may approve, especially where to buy XXXXX.com
Good luck.

Thank you Ab Peter. I was nearly about to get namecheap to delete them. I have contacted the company in question, and hopefully I will be allowed to use one of the x3 domain names!

Fingers crossed!

•••
•••
•••

Good luck.

@Liam11 can keep the names but its not worth it an I'm saying it with love, and speaking from my own experience as well. About 2 years ago I registered a "NYPD Lives Matter" "Black Lives Matter" and StopThePoliceBrutality domains following the recent situations.

I was definitely cheesing from ear to ear to me these was nice hand registrations.. NYPD Lives Matter which I am not going to disclose this extension as I had legal problems. Lost reg fee $14.99, Paid for a Lawyers Retainer Fee $575 all to find out the domain could not be used to make money. Nothing through any ads placement, affiliates, selling merchandise or forwarding the domain to another website for traffic but was told I could sell it to someone that will to pay for it. That was morally wrong after going what I went through so I just hit the delete button.

Black Lives Matters got me a lot of hate mail so I just sold for $xxxx

StopThePoliceBrutality got few low offers xxxx..

You can learn from your own mistake's or others that's totally up to you..

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
•••
@Liam11 can keep the names but its not worth it an I'm saying it with love, and speaking from my own experience as well. About 2 years ago I registered a "NYPD Lives Matter" "Black Lives Matter" and StopThePoliceBrutality domains following the recent situations.

I was definitely cheesing from ear to ear to me these was nice hand registrations.. NYPD Lives Matter which I am not going to disclose this extension as I had legal problems. Lost reg fee $14.99, Paid for a Lawyers Retainer Fee $575 all to find out the domain could not be used to make money. Nothing through any ads placement, affiliates, selling merchandise or forwarding the domain to another website for traffic but was told I could sell it to someone that will to pay for it. That was morally wrong after going what I went through so I just hit the delete button.

Hope this helps!

Sorry to hear about what happened to you mate. Really sucks that you had to get rid of those domains.

However, this case is completely different. These domains the OP has are all commercial domains, they can be used commercially and have no political/social/government department affiliations at all. If he is able to get permission from the company to use these domains to help drive affiliate sales to their amazon store then they shouldn't have much of an issue with it as it would be driving more sales for them. They might ask to "approve" the site and content before it goes live to ensure it's in keeping with their brand values and so fort. Sure they might just NOT go for it and say no, but from a business perspective it would be silly of them to do that. I think the OP has a good chance of getting the thumbs up if he presents his case to them properly and professionally.

•••

Hope this helps!

Hey 900 words! Thats some great advice, I will def take it on board,

All the best,

Liam

•••
Welcome Liam to NP!

For starters stick to short names and preferably dot com. Read the forum and learn which type of domains are in demand. No hurry, you've got plenty of time to get there.

Good luck! :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back