Dynadot

.CA Pool backorder

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I recently won a .CA domain backorder at pool.com however, they (pool.com) emailed me and asked if I legally meet some CIRA requirements found here http://www.cira.ca/en/cat_Registrar.html

Now this is my problem. I don't have a Canadian presence as per CIRA requirements.

I'd like to ask anyone here about what should I reply to pool.com or what should be done to legally control the domain.

Thanks
:music:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
THIS IS NOT ADVICE IT'S AN OPINION FROM A CANADIAN

Just tell Pool to enter the registrant as a "Non Incorporated Association". Just make sure you have Canadian friends in your association in case someone inquires about the registrants ;)

•••
phptech said:
THIS IS NOT ADVICE IT'S AN OPINION FROM A CANADIAN

Just tell Pool to enter the registrant as a "Non Incorporated Association". Just make sure you have Canadian friends in your association in case someone inquires about the registrants ;)
Hi,

Thanks for the input phptech :great:

I have some Canadian friends online but they're not available at the moment, some on vacation and busy on other engagements....

So, are there still anymore Canadian friends here that could advice/help me :)

TIA

•••
How does it work for .ca backorders? Do you have to abide by CIRA restrictions when you place the backorder?

•••
Riceman said:
How does it work for .ca backorders? Do you have to abide by CIRA restrictions when you place the backorder?
I've freely placed a backorder on a .CA regardless of CIRA restrictions, pool grabbed it and charged my CC for the $60 BO fee.

•••
netPH said:
I've freely placed a backorder on a .CA regardless of CIRA restrictions, pool grabbed it and charged my CC for the $60 BO fee.

Yeah but from what I understand CIRA checks every registration and will delete them if they violate the registration agreement.

•••
Riceman said:
Yeah but from what I understand CIRA checks every registration and will delete them if they violate the registration agreement.
That's why I'm seeking some helpful advice.

•••
In case I wasn't clear, a "Non Incorporated Association" is a loophole and can be anything from your circle of online friends to your poker night buddies. Just register your domain (ie. Canadian Domainers Association) with your contact name/address and if CIRA or anyone else challenges you on it, find a Canadian member of your "association" to vouch for it.

In other words, you are just the person who registered the name on behalf of your "association". ;)

•••
phptech said:
In case I wasn't clear, a "Non Incorporated Association" is a loophole and can be anything from your circle of online friends to your poker night buddies. Just register your domain (ie. Canadian Domainers Association) with your contact name/address and if CIRA or anyone else challenges you on it, find a Canadian member of your "association" to vouch for it.

In other words, you are just the person who registered the name on behalf of your "association". ;)

hmm, pretty slick. Did not know you can do that

would .de work in a similiar fashion? I know thwy have a rule the admin contact must be german or something like that

•••
Was hoping I wouldn't have to spell it out, just between us ok ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back