IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

falez

Established Member
Impact
Anybody know of any .CA ccTLD deals right now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
the price list at domcomp most of them out of date and misleading. use tld-list.com instead.

•••
domcomp is full of problems.
i switched to
https://tldes.com/ca

also ignore gd prices. they're all over the place based on 100s of epired coupons etc.
so to recap. use link I gave, and ignore gd deals that seem too good to be true. the rest should be aokay. enjoy.

p.s. .ca deals are ultra rare. so 99% you will be at $8-9 for reg/renew/trnsfr
so price of a com basically. so pick wisely.. cause .ca regs are mega hard sales too.

•••
There were some nice deals on .ca registrations a few months ago, but I don't know of any now.

Since the usual places we compare prices (like TLD-List and DomComp) don't cover many of the .ca registrars, I don't find them always a good place to find the best .ca rates. The places that periodically seem to have good rates are WHC, Rebel and a few others, but I don't see any now. GD sometimes show up as a good deal, but it always seems to me the super low price is if you do two years and the second is high enough that it is a not bad but not outstanding deal. But maybe if you are a new customer the deal is better, or if you hold their discount club membership.

I agree with the advice @alcy just gave to choose wisely, because the prices you acquire and hold at, while stable, will not be discounted, and sales in .ca seem challenging (although what sales do get listed on NameBio have a really high average price compared to almost any TLD).

Bob

•••
•••
domcomp is full of problems.
i switched to
https://tldes.com/ca

also ignore gd prices. they're all over the place based on 100s of epired coupons etc.
so to recap. use link I gave, and ignore gd deals that seem too good to be true. the rest should be aokay. enjoy.

p.s. .ca deals are ultra rare. so 99% you will be at $8-9 for reg/renew/trnsfr
so price of a com basically. so pick wisely.. cause .ca regs are mega hard sales too.

Not trying to resell this one. Just needed to grab a domain for my personal use.

•••
There were some nice deals on .ca registrations a few months ago, but I don't know of any now.

Since the usual places we compare prices (like TLD-List and DomComp) don't cover many of the .ca registrars, I don't find them always a good place to find the best .ca rates. The places that periodically seem to have good rates are WHC, Rebel and a few others, but I don't see any now. GD sometimes show up as a good deal, but it always seems to me the super low price is if you do two years and the second is high enough that it is a not bad but not outstanding deal. But maybe if you are a new customer the deal is better, or if you hold their discount club membership.

I agree with the advice @alcy just gave to choose wisely, because the prices you acquire and hold at, while stable, will not be discounted, and sales in .ca seem challenging (although what sales do get listed on NameBio have a really high average price compared to almost any TLD).

Bob

Thanks for the input Bob. I just needed to grab a domain for personal use, not trying to resell this one.

•••

Bob
.ca price at ionos.ca...$10CAD=$7.00USD

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back