Domain Empire

advice Bypassing the 60 days lock down

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kuwamebrown

Established Member
Impact
i am just wondering, for those of you who have domains registered on different registrar and trying to sell it on GoDaddy, how do you do it especially if the domains that you are intended to sell are new?

Do you tell the buyers to create an account on that registrar so that they don’t have to Wait 60 days to have the domains transferred to their accounts?

I am asking this because I am planning to purchase the domains in NameSilo since they have affordable price and have it auctioned on GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is not registrar's rule. This is iCANN's rule for securing domains.

I don't think you could bypass this without really special situation like registrar's down or like this things.

•••
i am just wondering, for those of you who have domains registered on different registrar and trying to sell it on GoDaddy, how do you do it especially if the domains that you are intended to sell are new?

Do you tell the buyers to create an account on that registrar so that they don’t have to Wait 60 days to have the domains transferred to their accounts?

I am asking this because I am planning to purchase the domains in NameSilo since they have affordable price and have it auctioned on GoDaddy

The workaround is to push the domain to the buyers account. For example, let’s say you register a domain with namesilo and sell it before the 60 day lockup period. You’d ask the buyer to create a namesilo account and then push the domain to their account.

•••

Last edited:
•••
@kuwamebrown

Here is a link that explains how it can be done:

https://www.godaddy.com/Domain-Inve...ed-domains-in-different-registrar/td-p/112085

"You can still use GoDaddy Auctions if your domain is less than 60 days old. (Keep in mind that this is not the case for premium listings or our fast transfer network.) However, the only way you'd be able to get a domain to a buyer within that timeframe is if they agree to set up an account with your current registrar. You would then work out the transfer between your selves. You can reach out to [email protected] if you'd like to use our auctions team as an intermediary so you don't have to share personal information."

Last edited:
•••
I guess you can also just wait the 60 days b4 using GD auctions

But does GD auctions really work?? I didn't know you could get a good price there!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back