Account Closed
Impact
I am buying a server from (not telling)

I would like to give these prices for resellers

INCLUDES CPANEL/WHM

5 GB / 250 GB for 10~15 USD a month.

What do you guys think? Would you buy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You need to balance the space and bandwidth a little more - 10 GB / 200GB so that customers dont get little space and too much bandwidth or alot of space and not alot of bandwidth :D If you get what i mean :)

•••
well, i would be getting an unmetered bw server. whats the point?

•••
You may get people complaing "Why is the space so low and bandwidth so high! I want more space instead of bandwidth!" and the usual goo goo ga ga :D

•••
Veolus said:
You may get people complaing "Why is the space so low and bandwidth so high! I want more space instead of bandwidth!" and the usual goo goo ga ga :D

5 GB space is a ton of space. A lot of sites don't even use 1 gb, unless you are doing some sort of media or gaming hosting. So I would say 5 GB storage and 250 GB bandwidth is acceptable. And based on what you pay for the server then that determines the cost of the package itself. If you have been in the hosting business for a while you will see that those numbers are on target. Most hosts charge a bit more for 5 GB or might even get a VPS if they are going to use that amount of space. You need to know what you are talking about before you give advice to someone who is just starting up a hosting business.

Oh yeah and Lincoln, be careful who you listen to.....
This business gets a little vicious.

Nick

•••
Ohh Yeah , Web soft !!

I will probably buy soon from you !

Thanks
Virtua

•••
urbanhostonline said:
5 GB space is a ton of space. A lot of sites don't even use 1 gb, unless you are doing some sort of media or gaming hosting. So I would say 5 GB storage and 250 GB bandwidth is acceptable. And based on what you pay for the server then that determines the cost of the package itself. If you have been in the hosting business for a while you will see that those numbers are on target. Most hosts charge a bit more for 5 GB or might even get a VPS if they are going to use that amount of space. You need to know what you are talking about before you give advice to someone who is just starting up a hosting business.

Nick

Yes you are totally right and you need to know what you are doing before you get into web hosting. If you do not setup your business properly then you will end up in a hole and you won't be able to get out. Those are good prices that you offering for that plan but you get what you pay for.

•••
What do you mean by watch out for who i listen to?
ahh i get it. Thanks for the comments guys. Appreciate it. Any other comments other people?

•••
urbanhostonline said:

Nick

Nick, he said he is offering a reseller not a shared hosting package. IMHO most webhosts using a reseller with 5GB space and 250GB bandwidth wouldn't find it to be of much use as it could run out really easily. Trust me.

It's a crazy world in the webhosting industry with alot of people offering large amounts of space and bandwidth for low prices and 5GB space and 250GB bandwidth just won't cut it but it's still a great deal for webhosts that plan to host a very small amount of customers :tu:

•••
Veolus said:
Nick, he said he is offering a reseller not a shared hosting package. IMHO most webhosts using a reseller with 5GB space and 250GB bandwidth wouldn't find it to be of much use as it could run out really easily. Trust me.

It's a crazy world in the webhosting industry with alot of people offering large amounts of space and bandwidth for low prices and 5GB space and 250GB bandwidth just won't cut it but it's still a great deal for webhosts that plan to host a very small amount of customers :tu:

It's called starting out small, and upgrade the plan later. When you go into business you don't buy the biggest plan out there. You buy a smaller one and as space fills you upgrade it. In order to be successful you must first find ways to cut costs and as your needs grow you can always upgrade. We are talking about hosts that will most likely just be starting a hosting business. Hosts that have bigger needs will move onto something else like a dedicated or vps.

Nick

•••
Yep, I know that :D I'm just staying that you can't really start out small with a plan like that (5GB space, 250GB bandwidth) IMHO you need to even out the space and bandwidth a bit more for the convenience of your customers. The evening of space and bandwidth is really important at this point because IMHO you can't really make enough funds from a reseller like that and expect to be able to move onto a dedicated server as soon as the reseller is close to reaching its limits. It's just for the convenience of your resellers, websoft :D Sorry to make such a big deal out of it, I guess i got carried away.. :D

•••
this would be better 10GB/200GB more people would go for that, I get 25GB/45GB..
I reckon you need to add more space to your plans..

•••
You see what i mean :D theres a bigger demand for space than bandwidth :)

•••
I agree with urbanhostonline. I was about to say too. Veolus, in every post you want more spaces and get cheaper, its hosting decision's not yours.

5 GB / 250 GB for 10~15 USD a month.

What do you guys think? Would you buy?

Yes I would buy that. 250GB bandwidth is too much with less spaces! 20GB / 250GB is better.

If you change the prices to lower (eg. $5) I'll say you're overselling.

Last edited:
•••
Which is why i dont put it lower. its pratically the least i can go. Its meant for people who are starting out. Why should i earn from people who dont earn?

If it was 20 / 250, id say, 10 USD is surely not the price to give.

•••
Veolus said:
You see what i mean :D theres a bigger demand for space than bandwidth :)

There might be a bigger demand for space but bandwith overage costs are on people's minds now. Alot of people would like the peace of mind that they have plenty of bandwith to last them a month and their website won't go down so they would be more willing to pay for 50gbs of bandwith then an extra 10gbs of space.

•••
Websoft, your buying a server?...

•••
hotrod12 said:
There might be a bigger demand for space but bandwith overage costs are on people's minds now. Alot of people would like the peace of mind that they have plenty of bandwith to last them a month and their website won't go down so they would be more willing to pay for 50gbs of bandwith then an extra 10gbs of space.

Exactly, multiple times in a month I have to upgrade bandwidth accounts because the client has reached their limit. From personal experience, I would buy a package that would give me quite a bit of room on bandwidth. That way you won't have to come to the computer the next day and worry that a clients site has been down because they have reached their limit. And the worst part in that is, you don't have anymore bandwidth to give them. That will bring only negative feedback towards your company.

Nick

•••
Reflex, maybe yes, maybe no!

Thats the whole point, you give yourself problems if you dont have the required bandwidth
Its better to buy more and forget about upgrading in the near future.

•••
I agree with Veolus, if you want to give 250 GB bandwidth then you should give more space.
Something like 5 GB / 50 GB or 25 GB / 250 GB would be nice. And $10 for 250 GB bandwidth is too low, I would say that you are overselling, but if you do not allow your resellers to oversell, then it might be ok.

•••
everyone oversells - which is why you see people giving away hosting accounts for $1.99 and reseller accounts for $5 and so on..

For the most part, people won't use all that space or bandwidth - you should be somewhat prepared in case someone does, but for the most part it doesn't usually happen..

I'd be more concerned with your providers 'unmetered' bandwidth, as it doesn't mean 'unlimited' - unmetered can mean many things, none of which are unlimited.. For example, you may have an unmetered 1Mbps connection - but 1Mbps is only 320 or so GB per month in xfer.

Other than that, the hosting business is extremely competetive - I've been in it for a number of years and I've always found it best not to even try to compete with the cheap hosts out there but instead charge more and offer higher quality and go after a higher level of customer. You'll find your niche doing it this way and you'll make more money..

If you sell reseller accounts for $10 ea, it'd take 100 of those just to make a grand per month.. Believe me, 100 resellers (if you can even find them) aren't worth $1k per month in hassle haha..

•••
Are you hoping to make any money at all? Anyways, you are really appealing to the wrong type of users. If you want to succeed in the hosting business, I suggest you put an emphasis on the support, not how much space/bandwidth you give. The prices are also rediculously low. Personally, I pay $20/mo for 1gb/15gb which is not much, but the host provides awesome support, so I really do not mind.

Also, any site that could even use 20gb/250gb would probably be on a dedicated server rather than buying a gigantic reseller account, and if the site is getting that much traffic, they will not just give their account to anyone.

•••
Yep, Agreed. Support is also a big factor towards quality services. You can offer a big amount of space and bandwidth for such a low price but what about the quality of your services and support?

•••
Unmetered bandwidth is not always good.... especially in you only have 10 mbps cable, imagine having 500 sites hosted by your resellers consuming at least 50KB at once...

Edit:
My 1800th post :lol:

•••
I'm pretty sure he will be using a 100MBps cable in this case and congrats on your 1,800th post :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back