Dynadot

question Buyer will pay with credit card $19,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello , i have sold a domain , the buyer ask me for pay it with credit card 19,000

What escrow service allow to pay with credit card this amount ?

i have open a escrow.com transaction but buyer not like it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
escrow ask wire transfer

•••
i have used waveapps.com and have sent a invoice with creditcard enable via stripe.com

•••
may risk a chargeback on the credit card. i would insist on an escrow service, wire transfer or direct deposit.

why doesn't he want to use escrow? :xf.rolleyes:

•••
Surely they can pay 19k into their own bank account from the card then wire it through an escrow service.

•••
Have you checked with Payoneer Escrow? - I'm not certain what their limits are on Credit card payments, I think it would be worth your while checking with them.....

•••
Not sure why you insist to use escrow if you are the seller. The person taking the risk is the buyer, not the seller. As long as you receive the funds first, then you authorise the transfer, what is your risk?

•••
A CC chargeback is the obvious risk. No Escrow service to my knowledge accepts CC payments over 5k.

If its a single name you are out of luck. If its multiple names you can split the transaction 4 ways.

Unless this is a reputable company I would be very very wary accepting 19k from CC.

•••
I am not aware of any escrow service that is going to allow a $19K credit card charge. It is way too much of a risk for them.

Brad

•••
You sold a domain. That's good news.

But why should you pay for the buyer 19k ? it should be the other way round right ? if you sell a domain buyer should pay for it.

:xf.wink::xf.grin::xf.cool:

Hello , i have sold a domain , the buyer ask me for pay it with credit card 19,000

•••
What you can do is create multiple escrow transactions for $5000 each.

Use one for TheDomainYouAreSelling.com

and register similar domains like TheDomainYouAreSelling.net or .org or .gtld etc and use them for the escrow transactions as well.

•••
You sold a domain. That's good news.

But why should you pay for the buyer 19k ? it should be the other way round right ? if you sell a domain buyer should pay for it.

:xf.wink::xf.grin::xf.cool:
The buyer requested to pay using cc - not the seller.

•••
Ok. In that case probably CC charge back risk is obvious.

Why not Wire ? Does the platform you sell provides escrow services ? or it's a private direct sales between buyer and seller ?

•••
19k, hell of a sale, well done. Good luck getting this settled.

•••
It could simply be a stolen card. So, be aware, a chargeback could wait around the corner. As it's a quite expensive domain, I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose it.

•••
If it sounds too good to be true...

Put yourself in the shoes of an average buyer - would you want to pay someone $19,000 before they transfer you a domain? Have they asked about who you are, where you are based etc.? If you were in their shoes would you send $19K to some random domain owner on the other side of the world rather than use a secure escrow service?

The fact they want to pay this amount by credit card should flag some serious suspicions, and may show they have no regard for these funds. If so, why might that be? The reason no escrow company will accept such a large payment via CC is because of the very heightened risk of fraud.

•••
I can think of only one reason for a legitimate buyer wanting to pay by cc, and that is because he doesn't have the funds, and wants to pay by installments. This is an expensive way to fund a capital purchase, and you could point out to him that a bank loan is a much cheaper option. This would allow for a payment by wirer transfer.

Actually I've just thought of another reason. He has a buyer for the name, and doesn't want to fund the trade himself. If this is the case, then it does leave you open to a chargeback.

•••
How will you receive funds if they pay by credit card?
Are you a credit card merchant?

•••
I think he wants to run it through an escrow service.

•••
You should vet the buyer carefully. Maybe he works for the govt or some big corporation.
I have seen US civil servants settling hotel bills of $2500 or more with their government-issued credit cards :)
On the occasion I have made expensive purchases with my Amex, since there is no spending limit I just take advantage of the convenience if I can.

We don't know the history, has there been any prior negotiation and is the domain even worth 19K.
I think a bank wire is the way to go, using a reputable escrow service.
Good luck.

•••
the buyer have buy domain in buy now on 27 jan on GD , have accepted escrow payment but not have pay it .
I have this domain sold in gd account with escrow parties accepted , escrow status is the buyer not have select a payment method.
I have write the buyer 3-4 time and only yesterday have reply me , the buyer write : Yes i want buy it but with credit card.

I have received a direct email , this is my ultimate chance for close the sale , i have setup a invoice with cc payment enable and sent to buyer.

I have video stories where people have more money and 19k is a very cheap payment .
People that have 25-30 years that buy 10 champagne bottles in a night for $400 each .

I think this guys have family cc , and can buy all you want with no control.

If a guy like to buy a expensive domain , you like to pay it with cc .

This can be one of reason that the buyer ask me for pay it with cc.

•••

Sounds fishy.

Watch out for a charge back and your domain being stolen!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back