Domain Empire

Busting Phishers and Spammers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ixix

Think for yourselfEstablished Member
Impact
just thinking, I hope this doesn't sound dumb or anything, but lately i've been wondering How hard is it really to bust phishers and scammers? I got a typical pay pal phishing scam letter to two of my email accounts in the past couple of days...
i mean, with phishers, can't you copy and paste the email into a html editor and get the ip/server address of the fake link? can't they investigate phishing scams that way

is it possible for authorities to wrigg up a fake paypal/or other account monitored by some agency for hackers/phishers to hack into? I know a while back they did a special on tv, where authorities put a nice car on the side of the road, locked it, and then placed a hidden camera somewhere. they would catch car theives that way.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If only it was that easy
The email Details in most of the Dodgy Phishing attempts are Faked
so looking at the headers ,which you can with most email clients
is pointless
Same as IP tracing
the only thing they can't fake is the Dodgy URL

•••
The way to stop phishing is to make users smarter. Or just take the dumb ones off the net; I don't really care which.

To start, we could put anyone from AOL into a box and throw it into the sun :)

•••
monaco said:
The way to stop phishing is to make users smarter. Or just take the dumb ones off the net; I don't really care which.

To start, we could put anyone from AOL into a box and throw it into the sun :)
:lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back