Dynadot

BusinessWeek Article about Click Fraud and Parking Pages

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This week's BusinessWeek cover article is about click fraud. It made connections between domain parking programs, mini sites and click frauds.

It was a very good article. I know I never clicked on my own web sites. But I wonder how many people who made $$$ a day actually clicks on their own ads.

The article is here:
http://www.businessweek.com/magazin...01.htm?chan=top+news_top+news+index_top+story

What's everyone's thought on this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Believing a "news" story like this is akin to taking any punters blog for "facts"...there is obviously motive behind this write-up based on the flamboyant style of writing and utter sensationalism in the presenting of "facts"...most of us, if we were on the BusinessWeak payroll, could come up with some similarly "atomic" stories no doubt! The smear campaigns continue and all the hacks want to seem like they have some sort of "scoop" on the "story".
There is no "story" here...it's business as usual...except for some "reporters" starting to look outside of their belly-buttons for stories...

•••
Obviously Google and Yahoo shouldn't advertize on parked pages.
They invite click fraud by doing so and cheapen the value of their clicks.
Clicks from Syria, Egypt, Vietnam and eastern European
countries should be worth nothing.
Clicks from the USA should be paid a premium.

•••
dna said:
Clicks from Syria, Egypt, Vietnam and eastern European countries should not be counted.
Google and Yahoo both have portals for those respective countries and regions. Soon there will be more native language parking pages which already exist in Chinese, Japanese etc. To say that visitors from those countries are worthless is stupid.

•••
dna said:
Clicks from Syria, Egypt, Vietnam and eastern European
countries should be worth nothing.
Clicks from the USA should be paid a premium.

I wonder how you came up with that list of countries "Syria, Egypt, Vietnam, etc..." and decided not to include others.
I am sure the people from these countries would be offended by this post.

•••
you might get short term gains from click fraud but in the long run it just lowers the value of clicks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back