IT.COM

Buenas noches everyone!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

evo.domains

Established Member
Impact
Hi everyone!

My name is Andreas and I am really glad I found this place. :) I am a German front-end web developer and designer, currently living in Spain. I am not really an expert in domain selling/buying, though I could sell some keyword and LLL dotIO's for good profit on Flippa and Sedo last year. But that was more like a gamble. Actually I don't plan to dive too deep into domaining because the research for good domains would just drive me crazy over time. I tried that a while with dotCOM's and I just can say: respect to all you guys watching over and over of endless lists of expired and deleted domains.

At the moment I am trying to setup a few affiliate websites to generate some extra income. There's a lot of crappy affiliate marketing on the web and I aim to market in a more meaningful way by building HQ websites with advanced end-user experience and content that actually matters. I am quite fit in SEO and I hope I will succeed. Time will show. :)

I am here to get a better understanding of domain values and usage as I need domains for my projects. Maybe I can find here some. The trading system of this site seems very easy and straightforward which I like. So, cu around guys!

Oh well, one more thing. I recently registered a few keyword gTLDs. All of them are new gTLD extensions. I know a lot of .com domainers don't really like these new gTLDs and stick to the classic ones. In my opinion they have a lot of potential if it's a good keyword/extension combo. I always liked catchy names and I don't have the budget for getting similar dotCOMs (which also wouldn't make much sense for my purpose). I registered some .plus domains for my product marketing sites (productname.plus). In Germany a plus extension related to products is very common and defines some kind of extra value. I wonder how this is in the US. As far as I know this extension is not very popular as it has only few registrations so far compared to other new gTLD extensions. I am really interested in your opinion on what you think about this extension and if it also could work on the US market. Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Saludos!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Friend! Welcome To NamePros! Truly enjoy!

And be sure to check out the appraisal section.

•••
•••
Hey there @evo.domains
IMG_20170406_164100.jpg

•••
•••
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you enjoy all it has to offer.

•••
Hey andreas,
WELCOME TO THE NAMEPROS COMMUNITY !!
Would you like to share some of your domain names with us.
just curious. Alright, See you arround.
Goodluck :xf.cool::xf.cool:

•••
Hello Andreas. Guten Tag! Welcome to NP.

•••
•••
Willkommen bei NamePros
We are also looking to learn from your experiment in new gtlds. Do share your experiences and work for the community.

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
Welcome to Namepros..Happy Domaining..(y)

•••
Hey @evo.domains

Welcome to NP, hope you enjoy ur stay and all the best with ur domaining adventures.

Whilst many folks are anti nGTLD's many of us have faith in the GOOD one. It;s important that the left side of the dot goes well with the right side of the dot. I mean something like BuyShoes.Dentist is not going to cut it... :) but BuyShoes.online obviously work better.

I'm also an affiliate marketer and developer with a solid SEO background from an SEO perspective nGTLD have considerable clout. Most of my new projects that I am working on are all on nGTLD's.

If you on the market for german word domains let me know...I have a few kick @ss ones.

•••
@deez007

Thank you for your reply. I know that left and right side need to be in tune :) For instance, I registered ecn.trading and broadcasting.solutions for reselling purposes as there's a market for it (in my opinion). I am going after these ones. ecn.trading was even marketed as a premium domain at some registrars for around 600€ initial, which is absolutely overrated in my opinion. I got it in a promo for 8$ from Hexonet. Seems much more reasonable to me :)

But what I really would like to figure out is what others think about the .plus extension for affiliate marketing. In my opinion .plus suits very well for product sites. For instance, I registered smartphone.plus, television.plus and vector.plus for development. The latter one for an image vector site. I really would appreciate your opinion as an experienced domainer. Even better if you are also into affiliate marketing :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
@deez007

Thank you for your reply. I know that left and right side need to be in tune :) For instance, I registered ecn.trading and broadcasting.solutions for reselling purposes as there's a market for it (in my opinion). I am going after these ones. ecn.trading was even marketed as a premium domain at some registrars for around 600€ initial, which is absolutely overrated in my opinion. I got it in a promo for 8$ from Hexonet. Seems much more reasonable to me :)

But what I really would like to figure out is what others think about the .plus extension for affiliate marketing. In my opinion .plus suits very well for product sites. For instance, I registered smartphone.plus, television.plus and vector.plus for development. The latter one for an image vector site. I really would appreciate your opinion as an experienced domainer. Even better if you are also into affiliate marketing :)

I do see your motivation behind the .plus extention.. however personally I would prefer the .online extension... here is my logic... head over to namebio.com ... then check out sales for domains ending in plus. So let's say... smartphoneplus.com ... or TelevisonPlus.com ... now do the same for online... look for domains sales domains that end with online.. like smartphonesonline.com etc... you will see considerably more sales for domains ending with online than plus.. based on this data, it would tell me that online is more favourable in a domain name than plus... so I would be more inclinded to buy .online vs .plus :)

Hope that helps....

•••
Hi Andreas,

Welcome To NamePros. Enjoy your stay.

Your's truly,

Best Domainer Of The End-Times.

•••
@deez007

I can follow you. :) smartphones.online would also make more sense to end-users searching for smartphone deals online. The problem with .online is, either the superb keywords are gone or they are sold as premium domains. smartphones.online would cost me on namecheap €594.86/year and vector.online €5,948.57/year (and vector.graphics or design is already gone). Well, these prices are just insane. .online tends to have many more premium domains as .plus. I wouldn't spend that money for a domain which I want to use for affilate marketing. .shop has also high prices for these keywords. Therefore, .plus is the only option to go with imo. Maybe .web would be an interesting extension, but it's still not released and I have the feeling that they will sell their monster keywords also as premium, especially after Mr Schwartz hyped it in the domainer scene. Well, I just will stick to them and do my experiment. Hopefully with success :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
One last note, I also think .coms with online in it got sold that much in the past because Google ranked them higher as non-keyword domains in good old times. Indeed, people were probably searching "smartphones online". But as far as I know these times are over, at least according to Google itself. A keyword domain should not have advantages in ranking anymore. The only advantage is the end-user perception which I should get with a good keyword.plus as well. SEO and content will hopefully do the rest in terms of ranking :)

•••
One last note, I also think .coms with online in it got sold that much in the past because Google ranked them higher as non-keyword domains in good old times. Indeed, people were probably searching "smartphones online". But as far as I know these times are over, at least according to Google itself. A keyword domain should not have advantages in ranking anymore. The only advantage is the end-user perception which I should get with a good keyword.plus as well. SEO and content will hopefully do the rest in terms of ranking :)

Not really mate, Exact match keyword domains still have a good clout. Sure they dont pack a mean punch like they used too. I mean back in the day all you needed was an exact match domain... some really poor content and a few decent backlinks and you were sorted! The Exact match domain was your ticket to the golden highway. Obviously, these days an exact match domain alone is not going to cut it. It does still have considerable advantages for ranking compared to a non-keyword domain. It still needs to be coupled with good quality content, good quality back links with good link diversity as well as strong social media engagement.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back