Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Yusupbabay

presiden.comTop Member
Impact
broveo.com
Status Date 2014-07-21
Filing Date 2012-10-02

can a domain that has a trademark that has expired, can it be registered?

DED7B1E4-771D-457B-A2CD-89953131B1E2.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
a trademark that has expired

Let's start at the beginning. And, once again, this is why a lot of discussions in the legal section are premised on faulty information or understanding in the first place.

You are not looking at a "trademark that has expired".

You are looking at an intent-to-use application which never became a registered mark.

The application was filed in 2012 on an intent-to-use basis. It was deemed allowable in 2014. Allowed intent-to-use applications do not become registered marks unless and until a Statement of Use is filed within six months (which can be extended for up to five additional six month periods).

There's nothing here which "expired".

But, the more important question is "do these people have a trademark", not whether or not their trademark is registered.

So, what might a person do in order to get an idea of whether someone is or is not using "broveo" as mark for some sort of goods or services?

Can you think of a way that you might figure out if someone is using "broveo" in advertising or promotion of goods or services for sale, and whether they've obtained some sort of reputation or possible degree of fame or notoriety for promoting those "broveo" goods or services?

•••
There's some additional information providing a few clues here. The applicant is:

Owner Name:
Corbeau, Maxime Romain
Owner Address:
Marnixstraat, 32 2R
Amsterdam NETHERLANDS 1015XK
Legal Entity Type:
INDIVIDUAL
Citizenship:
FRANCE

So, can you think of some tool you might use to figure out who this person might be, and in what commercial activities they might be engaged?

•••
There's some additional information providing a few clues here. The applicant is:

Owner Name:
Corbeau, Maxime Romain
Owner Address:
Marnixstraat, 32 2R
Amsterdam NETHERLANDS 1015XK
Legal Entity Type:
INDIVIDUAL
Citizenship:
FRANCE

So, can you think of some tool you might use to figure out who this person might be, and in what commercial activities they might be engaged?
Hello my friend
Thank you for your advice.
let me let broveo.com expire, because this domain is a trademark.

best regards

•••
•••
•••
do you think broveo.com can be auctioned on namepros
Yes because their rule is it can't be "globally-recognized" and that mark ain't no Apple on the global tree, or Bravo for that matter. But that ain't the question you should be asking. You should be asking the risk level of owning that domain name...

IMO (I'm not a lawyer), the risk level is low (not nonexistent).

Can you think of a way that you might figure out if someone is using "broveo" in advertising or promotion of goods or services for sale, and whether they've obtained some sort of reputation or possible degree of fame or notoriety for promoting those "broveo" goods or services?
Search engines are a good place to start with that search! :xf.grin:

Google and Baidu, IMO.

•••
Hello my friend
Thank you for the information
I will sell the domain broveo.com on namepros

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back