IT.COM

question Broker, Brokers, Brokerage. Which is better?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which is the better word for a company providing brokerage service.

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Which is the better word for a company providing brokerage service.

And what word do most end-users prefer?

Broker, Brokers, or Brokerage.

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi

borker :)

i think you need to clarify which industry, if not speaking specifically about domains

and even then if relating to domains, a generic name that doesn't use "broke" in their name can be more successful and/or trustworthy than one with "broke" within their domain name.

ie: etrade vs interactivebrokers

imo...

•••
It's not about the industry, it's like I can buy a word+broker/brokers .com domain and a business is using word+brokerage, or vice-versa, would they prefer one over the other? Or it doesn't make any difference?

•••
ii would assume that the descriptive adjective or proper noun comes before the service for this particular keyword.

as in, you want to define what kind of service or personalize it by adding a surname or regional/geo name:
"Bob'sBrokerage" or CertifiedDomainNameBrokers.com or SouthwestBrokers

imo...

•••
It's not about the industry, it's like I can buy a word+broker/brokers .com domain and a business is using word+brokerage, or vice-versa, would they prefer one over the other? Or it doesn't make any difference?

Ohh absolutely. If a buyer saw DomainBroker instead of DomainBrokerage, they would obviously run for the hills...no matter how badly they wanted the domain. :xf.grin:

•••
ii would assume that the descriptive adjective or proper noun comes before the service for this particular keyword.

as in, you want to define what kind of service or personalize it by adding a surname or regional/geo name:
"Bob'sBrokerage" or CertifiedDomainNameBrokers.com or SouthwestBrokers

imo...

examples: AceBroker, TopBroker, etc

•••
examples: AceBroker, TopBroker, etc

names like those have to attributed to the "area of specialty" either by word of mouth or thru advertising

someone holding them would have to develop around that service for others to know what it does.

imo.....

•••
names like those have to attributed to the "area of specialty" either by word of mouth or thru advertising

someone holding them would have to develop around that service for others to know what it does.

imo.....

Thanks for your time mate. I would like to know if you started (any) brokerage service, and you had 3 choices, TopBroker.com, TopBrokers.com and TopBrokerage.com. Which one would you buy?

•••
the shorter the better i guess! just my opinion!

•••
Honestly none. Sounds like a shell biz.

•••
•••
Broker, it's simple and shortest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back