Dominion.Domains

Brisio Innovations to Acquire NameSilo

Discussion in 'Domain Industry News' started by Arca, Mar 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. namesilo

namesilo Active Member NameSilo Staff

Thanks so much - we really appreciate it..... now if only JD Powers was listening!!

Thanks again :)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. SuperBrander

SuperBrander Active Member VIP

Thanks for the quick response. Regarding getting rid of the 60 day rule- that's great and kudos.

Regarding the timing of the auctions- I have no problem with the fact that you give owners a long grace period, give them warnings etc. But you allow the bids on the domains way too early. On day one of expiration if I'm not mistaken. So you're making me as a buyer possibly wait a month or more than a month till I know the fate of a domain. My experience with your expired auctions up till now was that I bid max bid on a few expired domains and the owner always renewed. Always. Twice it was on the last day it was allowed or perhaps in the second instance it was a couple of days before that. So I waited more than a month twice only for a domain to be renewed in the last second. My money was stuck for 60 days (in one instance it was around $1500) so the whole experience was just terrible.

Godaddy's closeouts' model is much much better than what you currently have, especially after the recent changes they did. The domains are put up for grabs a few days before the last date the owner can renew. If it's regged at Godaddy- after the 30th day, they can't renew anymore. If it's at another registrar, a few more days are allowed. But it can never be a month or more like it is with you guys. So give owners warnings, by all means. But create a decent experience for expired auctions buyers.

Based on my past experiences with a 0% success rate in getting expired domains, having to wait a VERY long time to even know the situation and then having my money stuck for 60 days makes me think 10 times before I try to buy something at NameSilo. Changing the 60 day rule is a great start. But please think about improving the rest of the process so it could be competitive and deserving of your ambitions. After all- you did say that the marketplace was a main point of interest where you want to make improvements. So please make it at least as convenient as your competitors. On a side note, be aware that some of the more well known domainers in the industry don't like your current aftermarket process and avoid your services as a result. So I think you'd be wise if you address this issue as a part of the upcoming changes.

Thanks again & all the best.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  3. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Talking about auctions, any reason why you don't allow proxy bids for Expired domain auctions? Can you implement that? It has been one of the biggest sources of frustration as it also causes last minute sniping but the buyer does end up paying higher (of course, tat is good for you. I understand that part ;))

4. Acha Kelvin

Acha Kelvin New Member

Congrats to the @namesilo management...

I trust you won't be naive to lose thousands of your customers by allowing the change of ownership to diminish your services.

5. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

Is anyone else having a problem calling up the marketplace? Mine is locked in a loading page and never loads.

Not really thrilled about this acquisition or possible negative impact. Many of my domains are at NS.

6. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Dunno about the marketplace but the website is extremely slow today... Simple pages are taking over a minute to load

7. Embrand

Embrand Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, I cannot even login. First time I have experienced that.

8. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

The site is down now. Not a good look.

9. BrandMart

BrandMart DomainBugle.com VIP

Maybe the transfer / update is in progress. Hoping for the best out of this ownership change (y)

10. Kassey Lee

Kassey Lee 域名世界 Gold Account VIP

Same here:

The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.

11. namesilo

Hey Everyone - sorry about the problem earlier. Someone launched a DDoS attack on our servers. Our systems reacted and rerouted traffic after a few minute which then took a bit to get out to all of our caching servers. We apologize for any inconvenience.

12. creataweb

creataweb Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Looks to be back online, hopefully that DDoS wasn't related to the acquisition announcement :xf.eek:

13. namesilo

Yeah, was down on some routes for up to 30 minutes, but less time for most people. We've had a large uptick in activity like this over the last 48 hours - not sure if related to the acquisition announcement or not, but we're keeping a close eye on things. Sorry again to everyone for any inconvenience.

14. TheGrig

TheGrig New Member

You're the best, NameSilo.

15. Leo Angelo

Leo Angelo Upgraded Member Gold Account Blue Account

Only???

16. Leo Angelo

Leo Angelo Upgraded Member Gold Account Blue Account

Great buy, Brisio!
    Brisio: "Brisio Innovations Inc. invests its capital in companies and opportunities which management believe are undervalued and have potential for significant appreciation..."

17. HunterT

HunterT New Member

Namesilo, do you guys plan to keep offering the lowest prices ? And with the plans to increase services,
    is the model to offer the lowest prices for those also? I guess what I'm asking is that you have stood out from the crowd with your pricing but with that change with the added overhead in producing other services?

18. MetBob

MetBob Established Member

Let me first say how encouraging it is to see how active, and positive, @namesilo has been in this thread! We should all appreciate that, as well as their excellent stable prices, clear interface and good service (I only yet have a few with them, but have heard nothing but good things and plan to move more there).

I would like to also comment that I think we should view it as a positive that an investment firm with a good track record for seeing what is a good investment sees the domain name business as something worth investing in.

And of course, who can complain about Canadians owning more things? :-D

19. namesilo

Hello and thanks for the question. Our plan is to keep the existing business model in place and expand upon it with a greater selection of TLDs and possible other ancillary services. There are no plans to change pricing. We certainly understand our price structure, consistency and transparency are some of of the reasons for our success.

20. namesilo

Thanks so much - we really appreciate the kind words and the feedback.

21. downvote

downvote New Member

This worries me. NameSilo is one of the only companies whose business ethics I liked. Simple and easy to use and no bullsh*t.

Looking that their response here makes me optimistic, but I will still consider myself to be "cautiously optimistic". I have been burned by so many companies and dont want to watch NameSilo go down the same drain.

it is ironic how I found about namesilo has been acquired just as I was trying to find the email of the CEO to tell him how much i appreciated namesilo.

22. namesilo

Thanks @downvote - we appreciate your message and kind words, and we certainly understand the concerns you expressed. Not to repeat too much from what we've already written above, but we appreciate the opportunity to continue earning your business, and we are very confident that we will be able to do so. Thanks again

23. HunterT

HunterT New Member

I've been watching your active domain registry counter and it raises on a fairly consistent 2k-2.5k daily basis.
    I would have expected name registries to be a more lumpy random daily count. Can you any insight on this and how the registration community works? Thanks

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!