NameSilo

Brisio Innovations to Acquire NameSilo

Labeled as registrars in Domain Industry News started by Arca, Mar 9, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. nameaura

nameaura Established Member

Hope after Acquire Namesilo have same kind of support that currently have
    Easy interface, good support, simple no hidden. Prices
    I always prefer namesilo over all

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

Ugh. Everything is perfect the way it is. So let's screw with it. Words like value-added services and one-stop shop scare me. Leads to poop.

3. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Is this an euphemism for upsells?

4. anantj

anantj Active Member VIP

Exactly... Well not quite poop but makes me very wary!

5. Nat Hunt

Nat Hunt Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Yes.

6. MarketingStrategies.com

MarketingStrategies.com Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

7. myfavorite

myfavorite Established Member

Well there is always room to make the good better

8. cyc

cyc Established Member

So, @namesilo Any updated details for us about the acquirement?

9. Nat Hunt

I'm curious if they'll be able to retain their great employees. I would imagine there's a high chance of turnover under an ownership change.

Has anyone had to contact support the past week or two? Was it good like normal?

10. cyc

cyc Established Member

Recently, i tried to contact them about two weeks ago for helping a person whom would sell me to a domain name which needs to be transferred to be ordered via NameSilo Marketplace, they didn't reply in such manner time or later, but transfer completed in few hours after i wrote them via e-mail, interesting : )

P.S: Before support requests were responded as soon as possible.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  11. namesilo

namesilo Active Member NameSilo Staff

Thanks for the comments everyone. And apologies for the delayed response, we've been pretty busy interviewing candidates and growing the team.

As we've mentioned before, the goal of this acquisition isn't to mess around with what has made us successful thus far. Rather, it's to help grow our team and products to better service you guys. We're dreaming big and want to get NameSilo to the top.

Please feel free to reach out to us by message and we are always on [email protected]

12. MarketingStrategies.com

MarketingStrategies.com Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

Keep rocking. The only site that doesn't need to change it's web 1.0 ui/ux. It works and we love you for it.

13. namesilo

hehe thank you. We have plans to upgrade the look to more 2.0 but we will keep the old for those that liked that better

14. MasterOfMyDomains

MasterOfMyDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I emailed last night about the domain link manager being stuck in processing mode, for 3 days for my .ca and no response.
    Usually i get responses in hours, if not minutes. Quick check shows all green, still processing for 4 days now in link manager.

15. namesilo

Sorry about that, looks like it slipped through the cracks. We are also working on setting up a better solutions for our support.
    We are looking into this now

16. MasterOfMyDomains

You dont need better solutions.
    You have the best support in the business.
    Took you 10 minutes to respond on this thread, ya you can do better :xf.grin:

17. namesilo

Thank you, but we missed your email in [email protected] and that cant happen. We have fixed the bug and the script is running to fix the problem

18. MasterOfMyDomains

Most of them are finished processing except a dozen or so .ca
    Thanks for fixing that so quickly (y)

19. JaySmith

JaySmith Account Auto-Closed

Currently NameSilo is not responding to my support emails.

20. namesilo

Apologies for the delay - we've been facing a higher volume of support emails than normal. We're working to get through all of them in the next couple of hours. Thank you for your patience.

21. LeapNames

LeapNames LeapNames.com Gold Account

LOL this is exactly what is going on at the company I currently work for. We just got told last week that we are likely going to go out of business soon by my department director just 1.5 years after being acquired for around $155 million when we had been averaging over 5-5.5 million profit per month prior to being acquired.

I'm not saying this will happen with NameSilo by any means, but you are right it does happen. I remember the company raving about it when we were acquired saying we were set to become industry leaders within the next 2-3 years. Now we're all going to be in the unemployment line. The company came in and tried to change the entire business model to fit their "5 year exit plan"..

22. Nat Hunt

Brisio Changes Name to NameSilo Technologies Corp.

VANCOUVER , Dec. 6, 2018 /CNW/ - Brisio Innovations Inc. (Old Symbol: CSE: BZI, New Symbol: CSE: URL) (NTCEF) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has changed its name to "NameSilo Technologies Corp." and its common shares will trade under the new trading symbol "URL" at open of markets on December 6 , 2018. The new name reflects the evolving focus of the Company as the parent company for NameSilo, LLC. NameSilo, LLC, is a well-established low-cost provider of over 2.3 million domain names from over 160 countries.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/brisio-changes-name-namesilo-technologies-133000204.html

23. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Active Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Must be a good sign, since at least they will less likely resell this new part of a business in foreseeable future.
    I am curious what exactly is behind this change though.
    So far - from customers point of view - I do not see any serious development/performance decrease (or increase). And by some reason responses from [email protected] are now anonymous - no signature, no agents name attached.

24. AGAME

AGAME Active Member VIP

I noticed that too. And they reply erratically. Sometimes quickly, sometimes not. IME

25. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

I think from the little in official release and the statement from Canadian Securities agency the key reason for name - logo - symbol change is to emphasize their focus going forward on domain related business going forward. See they are up to 2.3 million registrations now.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!