Domain Empire

.tv Brett Moffitt has passed away.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Brett Moffitt (idevelop.tv) passed away from cancer last week. He battled this hideous disease for over 7 years.
On searching his computer we found that his account here was one of his favorites.
We are not sure what to do with the domain names my Dad owned and would appreciate any advice on if they have any value / how to sell them. Any other information that might help us to understand the process of listing them for sale would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance, Isabella (daughter)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My Condolences for you and your family.

•••
Really sorry for your loss. May Brett RIP.

•••
Isabella,

My words cannot convey the deepest sympathies I have for you and your family. Brett was a very cool guy and I really liked reading his posts. May he Rest In Peace.

As for your dilemma of trying to figure out what domains he owns, where to find them, passwords, etc. that shouldn't be too hard. Lots of great feedback here from some very established and reputable domainers. I really like GoneWalkabouts reply to you here in the thread. I agree with exactly what he said.

Definitely take the time to go thru the tedious process of everything needed to figure out his entire portfolio. The sooner the better. Domains expire and are not recoverable after a certain point past expiration date and he most likely has some valuable online real estate. As soon as you figure out what is registered by him, post them right here at NamePros. We have a lot of great members here in this Forum that will give you some very educated appraisals which will at least give you some insight into this crazy domaining world and then you can do what you want with that info and I am sure you will make the right decision for you and your family.

If I can be of any help, I would love to help out.

Vito

•••
Isabella, I sent you some advice via a private forum message, you might look for it.

•••
Really sorry for your loss R.I.P

•••
So sorry for your loss...

•••
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

I agree with what others have said with listing all of the names here for advice. Lots of great members here that can give you honest approx. values for the names and direct you on what you can do with them once you guys are ready.

•••
My sincere condolences for the passing of your father. He actually contacted me last summer with some interest in one of my software applications and seamed to be a very nice guy. I'm very sorry to hear he lost the fight with cancer and my warmest wishes go out to all of you in his family.

I lost my father earlier this year and was left with the task of trying to sell off some things in hobbies he enjoyed which I wasn't too familiar with. Thankfully, people in that hobby were extremely nice and helpful to me.. I feel that it would be only right to try and do the same. If you need any help, have any questions, or want any advice then don't hesitate to send me a message (just click on my username to the left) and I would be more than happy to chat with you further. May his soul rest in peace as he is no longer in pain.

•••
Being a cancer survivor (and currently still battling NF2), I truly offer my sympathies.

Regarding your domains, feel free to shoot me a private message. I can let you know if there is any value in them.
+1

•••
I would be willing to help for free. Let me know if you need something.

And I'm sorry for your loss.

That's a great offer. Take him up on it as he knows what he is doing.

I lost my mother to the Big C seven years ago so know what you are going through. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Best,
Paul

•••
My condolences on your loss.

•••
Rip,
Sorry For Your Loss Our Sincere Condoleance for you and his beloved ones.
May His Soul Rest in Peace.

•••
Condolences for your loss.
Brett was a long time quality person/member and will be missed by our community as well.

•••
May Brett Rest in peace. My sincere condolences with your family.

•••
•••
I am very sorry for your loss. Cancer is horrible. Both my parents died from this.

I am sure that a few noble members here can offer you help and advice regarding the names. I see that you already had some.

•••
My sincere condolence to you and his family.
I am sure he is in a better place now.

To lessen the trouble you can list all the domains at one place and use the same mode of payment to keep the account easy to manage. Namepros would be a very good platform to do the same as the community support you will get here is outstanding. But if in his records you found another place where he sells more frequently you could choose that. Go for the option thats most convenient to you.

Also you can reach out a "Pro" or experienced member of Namepros who might be able to suggest you if some domain(s) is/are worth keeping if you are not in a hurry to sell them immediately so that it would be beneficial to your family in future and/or they might be able to sell some good ones for you perhaps.

•••
I had some correspondence with Brett in 2010. He inquired about buying Cash.tv and when I told him the domain had a $5,000/year renewal fee he wrote:

I have a few premium names with high renewals.. I have called enom and they have said they will not be lowering these, so I'm unsure where we stand.
They really have stiffed the people who supported them in the early days.. they have made our "premium names" close to worthless in a domainers market.
Good luck.
Brett

Fortunately we did have some good luck, with some help from Brian Berke who arranged for us to buy the Name.com backorder on the domain. We then let it drop and got it back without the premium renewal.

Thanks, Brett!

•••
,,,he was a facebook friend of mine for a while then just kind of lost touch. He was a straight up guy and well respected...

•••
Truly sorry for your loss.

•••
Very sorry to hear this . My Condolences to your family. As for the domains check the renewals. I can see many good tips and advice has been posted here for you.

•••
Rest in peace!

For the rest of us, we all should think about the processes and info should something happen. I don't think most do.

•••
Sorry for missing this post until now, of course we are very all sad to hear this news, please take care

•••
Brett Moffitt (idevelop.tv) passed away from cancer last week. He battled this hideous disease for over 7 years.
On searching his computer we found that his account here was one of his favorites.
We are not sure what to do with the domain names my Dad owned and would appreciate any advice on if they have any value / how to sell them. Any other information that might help us to understand the process of listing them for sale would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance, Isabella (daughter)

Hi Isabella,
This is Warren Moffitt. I am hoping you could please contact me

•••
Hi Isabella,
This is Warren Moffitt. I am hoping you could please contact me
(She) hasn't been on this forum for over two years. You may want to try other means to establish contact.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back