Dynadot

advice Brands Shouldn't Use Several Differnet Extensions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
An observation I have made is that some new gTLD registries and some domain registrars promote various domain extensions to companies encouraging them to use these alternative domain names as companion websites. In my opinion, having multiple websites for one company can be confusing and potentially dangerous to consumers...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I fully agree the new companies and existing companies should embrace new TLDs, they will be able to get exact names for their business. A domain name should manifest the core business. Why struggle hard to get 88.com when it is easy to get 88.tienda?

•••
Sorry, the idea of having multiple exts is perverted somehow in this article. Every company must get it's .org and .net, and maybe other exts (or at least try having them), and redirect them to the main .com site. Nobody in his sane mind would build different sites on those domains. I fully agree that "having multiple websites for one company" has no sense, but the whole idea of having multiple exts is totally different.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back