NameSilo

Brandroot - Operational or not???

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi Everyone

Does anyone know if Brandroot is currently active?
Attempts to get in touch with them via there support and phone have failed.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long did you wait for a rely?

•••
I've been trying to get in touch with them from last week Friday

•••
Did you message name pros user 'Pluto' ?

•••
•••
•••
Yes, of course we are active. More active than ever in fact, just not so active on this forum anymore. Sorry we missed your phone calls, I'm guessing the time difference played a part in that. And because of many spam calls we only call back missed phone calls who have left a voicemail.

To answer your question, we are not accepting any new sellers at Brandroot at this time. We try to get back to all inquiries regarding this but some we miss, I apologize. I strongly suggest submitting your domains to BrandBucket. When we do open up our site to sellers again there will be a short domain application required. It won't be as easy as listing with BB. Our sellers are very dedicated to Brandroot and we to them. We are making every effort to minimize the number of sellers at Brandroot to keep it reliable, trustworthy, void of dishonest sellers (which we have suffered now a few times from) and to keep our dedicated sellers happy with many sells.

Anyway, when we launch our new website within a week or so, feel free to apply as a domain seller at Brandroot. If you are accepted, simple identity verification, a short phone call and providing more contact information will all be required to start selling. To receive an invite code you'll have to have at least 10 good brandables to create an account with us. If you're wanting to list your domains not accepted by BrandBucket at Brandroot you more than likely will not be accepted, as I'm sure those domains are the worst of the worst. However, for domains you want to move from BB to Brandroot we are much more lenient and will likely accept them all to gain a new dedicated seller. In fact we offer free listing fees for the ones you move over, as well as featuring a couple (when we do open Brandroot to sellers again).

•••
@stub no we were not there. Our target market is buyers, not really domain sellers. It would have been fun to go but couldn't justify the price. We are based out of Hawaii currently.

•••
Pluto's reply is just a big bowl of wrong.

In the 2nd para you recommend that people submit their names to BrandBucket.

In the very next para you state that "within a week or so" BR will launch their new website. And then following that you deliver an backhanded bash aimed at BrandBucket, not to mention at your potential customers and their potential "worst of the worst" domains.

Why would you suggest people submit their domains to BB only to lose potential business for your own?

You still have boatloads to learn about professionalism.

•••
@forge that bash wasn't underhanded, it was quite obvious, and it was directed towards BB regarding their recent slack on domain acceptance. To answer your question, Brandroot is after buyers, not sellers. But because we get tons of people asking to sell at Brandroot we are providing an option that is inline with our goals and principles at Brandroot. We will take sellers who have good portfolios and gladly take them from BrandBucket.

Sorry, I tend to be prideful (my undoing) when it comes to competition. It's not a glamorous trait but for the most part it gets the job done.

Last edited:
•••
it was directed towards BB regarding their recent slack on domain acceptance.

One of the greatest lesson we can make treasure of is to make our name a great one without having to bring someone else's down.

Brandroot is after buyers, not sellers.

Don't the 2 go together? Aren't sellers the reason why you can actually have buyers? ( and viceversa of course )

•••
One of the greatest lesson we can make treasure of is to make our name a great one without having to bring someone else's down.

Very true.

Don't the 2 go together? Aren't sellers the reason why you can actually have buyers? ( and viceversa of course )

Of course we want sellers but we are after only a few and don't want just anybody creating an account with us. We already made that mistake. We aren't after sellers because enough of them are already after us. There's just no need to advertise and seek them out. We are also a seller on our platform. We never fall short of finding enough attractive names ourselves. Some of the highest sold names at Brandroot belong to us. We're pretty good at it after all this practice. BrandBucket led the way there, as that's where we started.

As we have told some of our dedicated sellers, we want Brandroot to be a platform of a few great portfolios as opposed to what BB is, which results in more sells for those people and less trouble for the website.

•••

It's all about following the money.

It's exactly how EBay operates, as someone schooled me recently. EBay thrives due to buyers, and that's why they treat their sellers like crap. Buyers are their bread and butter. So same with BR, BB, etc.

And sellers have very little recourse, unfortunately.

•••
@forge whoa whoa... we love our sellers and treat them with the utmost respect. They won't expect anything less from us. Ask any of our sellers if we have ever treated them like crap. The filtering of sellers is to protect us and buyers.

•••
@forge whoa whoa... we love our sellers and treat them with the utmost respect. They won't expect anything less from us. Ask any of our sellers if we have ever treated them like crap. The filtering of sellers is to protect us and buyers.
Fair enough. I did get off track, unfortunately, but wanted to point out that buyers have the distinct advantage, which in turn becomes the sellers' disadvantage. My EBay example wasn't meant to imply that you treat your sellers poorly, and I apologize if that's what came across.

•••
brandroot.jpg

•••
•••
BR put some new terms and conditions with a title final mail notice(or alike)and sending mails to registered members.
They force you to sell those listed names with them only and not to list elsewhere, I denied this condition so I was kicked out(naturally)but what about my 3-4 domains which are listed there and for that I have paid a fee to them!
Simply this did not bring a good taste to me.

•••
Hi @dream_d, I just want to let you know that the terms at Brandroot have not changed. The terms have simply been updated to be more thorough and clear. What you are agreeing to are the same rules you agreed to when you first signed up. If you do not agree to these terms then your account and existing domains will be removed.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back