IT.COM

Selling Brandpa now accepting sellers + many updates.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

King

Investor & CreatorTop Member
Impact
For anyone who's been wanting to join Brandpa; a BrandBucket alternative with 5% less commission fee & $2 less listing fee (for new sellers), they are now accepting!

We’re pleased to announce a somewhat ridiculous number of improvements to Brandpa today. Let’s break it down:

1. Instant domain appraisals
  2. Set your own pricing
  3. All-new listing process
  4. Update listed domains
  5. Keyword analytics
  6. New shopping experience for buyers
  7. New sellers and new pricing
Read more here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
But by default when you search it is showing featured before it was showing relevance by default, I guess relevance by default makes sense
Yes, they are still working on it . they will even have staff picks. I guess other brandable marketplaces also have so maybe that is why they chose to do it now. Also latest additions will be searchable.

•••
Anyone else having trouble paying for the listings? Doesn't redirect me to any payment page.

•••
Anyone else having trouble paying for the listings? Doesn't redirect me to any payment page.
For me it worked fine, I could pay with Paypal or CC. I paid with CC

•••
In summary, brandpa is after the listing fee..

They are looking to slow growth to a reasonable size and rate. Those of us that have been there from the start got grandfathered. If it was about money they would raise the commission. You can still continue to wait over 45 days at BB if that suits you better.

•••

They are fixing that today.

•••
They are looking to slow growth to a reasonable size and rate. Those of us that have been there from the start got grandfathered. If it was about money they would raise the commission. You can still continue to wait over 45 days at BB if that suits you better.
Slow growth to a reasonable size? How?
And it is never of your business if I deside to wait for over 45 days, or is it?

•••
But how does slowing growth equal to accepting basically any domain? Their inventory is going to skyrocket in size.

•••
They just said on Slack if the suggested price is less than $1795 they don’t recommend you list it. They said they will tweak the system as needed.

The 5 to 8 dollar listing fee is a huge deterrent. At 3 years, they only have 12K names. I’d say it will grow but smart domainers will only list names that have a decent appraisal. Others who aren’t so smart will drop a whole bunch of names in a year, like always.

•••
I received an email today saying that I have been approved to start selling on their platform. That took since september last year.

I got quoted $9.60 to list one of my domains. I am holding off for now. Need to see what's listed, what gets sold etc..

•••
@Pay.My.id @Brandizer Yes but those platforms aren't catered to made-up words. Sites like Brandpa & BB target startups who need help picking a name while the other sites have buyers who already have a keyword or name in mind. For example, I doubt many people would come up with thonder.com & search to buy it, on the other hand listing this domain on a brand marketplace will help those looking for a name having to do with electricity see the name & think it's a good fit.

•••
This is awful, not because of the $8-$10 listing fee (which could be less than BB at 10% acceptance rate), but the problem is uncurated submissions, now anyone can submit any garbage domains at any price, which will mean BP will no more be high quality curated marketplace but will rather become and expensive Dan.com landing page!

No thanks I prefer to use Dan for free, I don't want to pay $10 for a logo.

Last edited:
•••
They have the most beautiful landing page in industry IMO, and this changes even though I did not liked them may not be so bad. Why? Because now we will have one totally different approach as a way to test... and we will be forced to sharpen our instincts for a good domain by ourselves and list only domains that we firmly believe are quality domains!

•••
They have the most beautiful landing page in industry IMO, and this changes even though I did not liked them may not be so bad. Why? Because now we will have one totally different approach as a way to test... and we will be forced to sharpen our instincts for a good domain by ourselves and list only domains that we firmly believe are quality domains!

Automated appraisal tool for brandable marketplace is a recipe for a disaster,
I just added several names just to test their appraisal tool, some bad domains that won't sell here for $10 were appraised above $4k while some good ones were appraised at $400.

•••
Automated appraisal tool for brandable marketplace is a recipe for a disaster,
I just added several names just to test their appraisal tool, some bad domains that won't sell here for $10 were appraised above $4k while some good ones were appraised at $400.

Yeah, but probably they did not finished yet to work properly... give them some time, maybe it will be adjusted better in future :)

•••
Yeah, but probably they did not finished yet to work properly... give them some time, maybe it will be adjusted better in future :)

Automated appraisals will never work. Look at GD appraisal tool it is here for long time and it is still unreliable by 90%. Don't expect that BP will make a better appraisal tool.

Domains need human appraisal there is no workaround .

•••
Automated appraisals will never work. Look at GD appraisal tool it is here for long time and it is still unreliable by 90%. Don't expect that BP will make a better appraisal tool.

Domains need human appraisal there is no workaround .

I agree completely that automated appraisals doesn't mean anything! But, they only may serve as a valuable tool to make decision based on your instincts :) At the end it is the human who make decision is the domain good or not (domainer and end user). :)

•••
Besides I noticed that their appraisal tool depends on historical sales at BP. Which is extremely inaccurate especially when taking in consideration the low number of domains at BP (compared to GD)

For example my domain StylishForm was appraised at $4,250 this is no where close to the domain real end user value which is according to me is $1200 to $1800 max. This domain got high appraisal balue because there were 88 similar domains sold at BP as per their appraisal report, which means domains containing the keywords "Stylish" or "Form" were counted! which is totally nonsense way to appraise domains OMG

Last edited:
•••
Well I paid to list 2 names both just either side of $4000 .
I must admit it is nice being able to make a calculated decision whether to list or not in a very short time frame as you are given all the info right there on your screen. Waiting for BB is painful SH are quick but this is very quick for BP . As @bojan1 said it is our decision in the end so lets see Cheers .

Last edited:
•••
I just noticed that 'agri' has a low value while 'agriculture' has ultra high value.

The high value for 'agriculture' is probably based purely on the searches where people search for domains related to the keyword.. no-one would search for 'agri' which is a way better term for a brandable but, does that really make 'agriculture' a high sought keyword for a brand?

I hope the automated appraisal is not based on that list.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back