NamesCon2020

BrandBucket selling rate

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews started by cillx, Jun 1, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. cillx

cillx Established Member

Hello all,

I'm thinking about listing my brandable .coms on brandbucket. Anyone knows their annual selling rate or anyone would like to share their personal selling rate there?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. ahmedalimody

ahmedalimody A.A.M

"Last month they sold 59 domains
    best waiting time was 33 days
    and longest was 10 years!" From their sellers newsletter.

I have submitted a domain for review in 15th of may and till the moment it isn't yet reviewed.

I remember when it was free review, it was much faster than nowadays

3. equity78

equity78 Top Member TLDInvestors.com TheDomains Staff PRO Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

BrandBucket April sales data

BrandBucket sent out their May newsletter and released sales data for April. Removing sales over $10k, the average sale amount was $2,881. In March the average sale was $2,793. A total of 59 different sellers sold a name this month, an increase of 5 over March. A new feature this month “Average Listing Time” The […]

Continue Reading

4. cillx

cillx Established Member

Anyone to share their personal experience. I think their selling rate is the most important thing to know. Am i unrealistic to expect 5% selling rate annually?

5. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

I can't offer sales info on BB, but I removed all my domains from there as I found they were pricing them unrealistically high. A domain that I expected to list for $1799 would be listed for $4600. Pretty much all of them were like that. Moving them to any other branding platform, I saw the price in much more realistic levels.

6. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

On a few domains I saw yesterday I would be wanting a lot more as seller but also saw examples of jargon priced I felt high but then again I don't have a crystal ball either and am often surprised at results of others.

7. satyadeep singh

satyadeep singh Established Member

How can i see which domain sell for what amount

8. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

You don't till you are already involved to some degree eg signed up.

9. cillx

cillx Established Member

You can't until you own that domain name. That's why i ask is there any volunteer who would like to share their selling rate to have some understand about BB.

10. Grilled

Grilled khjasdhkfdhdskfhhukdfshkj VIP

It's unrealistic for anybody to give you an educated guess without seeing the quality of your domains. And even then, it's just a guess.

I tried to break down a little bit of the newsletter. But it's just a guess based off some of the known variables. Unconfirmed.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  11. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

Huge percentage of names is sold and owned by a small group of investors who have many domains there for years. For them, the 5% is probably on the low end.

We are talking about a site that has roughly 50K domains. 5% is probably an unrealistic expectation unless you have hot, keywords in demand, aged names.

Few sell 5% of their portfolio in a year out there for more than wholesale price,why would you expect BrandBucket to be a miracle worker?

I would check into SquadHelp if you are ok with low prices. They claim to have a very good sell through rate.

12. cillx

cillx Established Member

Thanks for the reply, so then what would be the more realistic expectation?

I already have 60 premium listings with SH with zero sales/inquires, now it have been more than two months.

13. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

First of all I also am dabbling at Squadhelp for the last month to see what happens.

I do know this and the newsletter from BB explained it for May. A certain percent (I believe it was 26% this month) do sell the first year but roughly 75% do not sell the first year. Another 25% sell in year 2 to 3. So 50% of sales are older than 3 years on Brandbucket.

This is a long game with no guaranteed results. You cannot expect sales in 2 months anywhere. If that happens it’s a lucky exception. Names that sell quickly are likely high caliber aged names in hot niches. Hand regs will likely take years.

14. Grilled

Grilled khjasdhkfdhdskfhhukdfshkj VIP

Are you sure you're interpreting the newsletter correctly?

It seems like a rather difficult task for brandbucket to give these numbers for their entire 55k+ inventory.

Thus, it seems more likely, especially considering the data you're quoting came from a monthly sales report, that brandbucket simply averaged out the time of listing for each domain sold for the month. Which means, it's a small sampler size to consider. Just like equating annual sales through rate based off of one months data and multiplying it by 12, too small of a sample size to be truly accurate.

(Respectfully) Read this, you might learn something.

15. karmaco

karmaco Top Member VIP

Yes I stated it was regarding May only but gives insight into how long names sit at BB before being sold. The person I was talking to probably knows the numbers will fluctuate. Since this is the first month they gave those statistics that’s all we have to go on. I am not speculating beyond May but would not be surprised if it was pretty close to average.

I see I left out 3 to 4 years. So for May,sales where names were listed for 2 to 4 years is is in the 40 something percentile.

The main gist is very few sales happen in 2 months or in first year as OP said they have names on Squadhelp for 2 months and no sales.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  16. richasis

richasis Established Member

I thought the same thing when I listed...within a year, I had a domain name sell for just shy of six-figures.

Ironically, I have a domain name that I declined to list because I thought the appraisal price was too low.

17. JordanH

JordanH Established Member

I only had one domain listed there for testing purposes. Bought it for $20 here on NamePro back in march.
    Jut sold it last week for $1,985. To be honest, I kind of forgot about the domain until I got the email saying it sold (y)

Guess I'll be moving some other domains over there that haven't been selling elsewhere and try my luck again.

18. Kachi

Kachi Established Member

Where did you move them to that have realistic pricing?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice