IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We often buy, especially brandables, for $10 and then sell for $2000, netting$1400 after commission is crazy margin!

I like the potential of BB and have been building my portfolio (currently 8 published with ~34 additional accepts), but see the above as an incomplete picture. You also have to consider cost of rejects and, probably most of all, time and effort (see: work) spent obtaining names, as well as voting and/or paying the listing fee.

Also you have to consider all the names that are published but won't sell anytime soon, if ever. Oh yeah: don't forget the cost of renewals!

•••
Just sold

B E N O R O [dot] C O M

Hand reg'd in feb 15 with a $1.49 Godaddy coupon

took 2 months to go live on BB; sold about 2 weeks later

I've seen a few haters on this thread who think BB is useless, that we'd be better off selling our names on our own; but there are some types of names that are just never going to sell unless they get seen in a marketplace.

whois tells me the name was purchased by a venture capital firm for one of its startups... probably bought it off the BB newsletter

I'm sorry folks, but this name would have taken forever to sell on my own

I am VERY happy to give BB its commission; they earn it

Is there any root-word or foreign language meaning here, or is it simply a made-up word that flows well?

Congrats by the way! :)

•••
... still having 3 domains "Queued For Publishing" ... can't wait to see one officially published. Will give me some excitement ..ahah .. even the bigger players started with 1 :)

•••
... still having 3 domains "Queued For Publishing" ... can't wait to see one officially published. Will give me some excitement ..ahah .. even the bigger players started with 1 :)

First is more memorable in all way.

Wishing you to see your first sold message too :)

•••
Just checked BENORO . COM....there's bad grammar on the landing page already...so things not looking good but atleast you got money in the bank so who cares right?

•••
I don't mean this to sound rude but maybe one of the reasons they don't publish the names sold is so that members on forums like this one don't go and analyse the new sites up and pull them apart.... leaving the results to be found in google by the new owners....

•••
This is also how I perceive the ambassador program as well. BB has seen how sellers tend to branch off and start their own site and they want to reverse that trend as it dilutes the marketplace. The ambassadors have their names listed on BB and on their own site but under the auspices of BB and sales are processed through BB. (At least that is how it appears. The ambassadors can correct me as needed.) BB gets a nice commission but Ambassadors get increased exposure and can factor the sales commission into their pricing if needed just like we all do at other domain marketplaces like GD and Flippa.

I think its a smart approach and is going to make competing with BB for market share even more difficult. I think having 2-3 central brandable market places is good as competition keeps things sharp. However the current situation of having 30+ places for brandables dilutes the marketplace to the degree that clients get confused and turned off.

Here's a partial list along with each website's Alexa ranking (a low Alexa number means higher web traffic):

28,990 Brand Bucket
40,794 BrandRoot
127,713 Namerific
156,594 YourBrand
227,172 NameStall
365,882 ExciteMental
469,538 MediaPlow
731,968 Vibrand
787,074 Brand Flip
887,868 BrandLance
938,920 Clickable Names
1,193,000 Domain Name Nexus
1,200,000 BranDo
1,505,458 Catchy
1,713,000 Domaintricity
1,755,000 NamePerfection
1,878,000 ICBrands
2,144,000 BrandStarters
2,168,000 NameKraft
2,419,000 JustTheWord
2,504,000 Domain Geek.net
3,000,000 BustaBrand
3,133,064 Crispbrands.com
3,604,000 ShopTopDomains
4,700,000 Name Brandable
4,800,000 Elite Brand Names
6,363,000 NameStrap
7,051,000 Viper Domains
7,728,000 ReadyMade Names
10,500,000 Brandable Names
11,000,000 Nameably
13,000,000 BrandChovy

I should point out, for the record, that not all of these sites list names for other sellers like BB and BR etc.. Some of them, like Media Plow, just list their own names. You probably knew that but just in case.......

•••
Is there any root-word or foreign language meaning here, or is it simply a made-up word that flows well?

Congrats by the way! :)

Yes I generally try to put together prefixes and suffixes that have meaning.

In this case, for B E N O R O [dot] C O M...

"BEN" was inspired by the Latin bene, which means "good" or "well"; think of "benefits" or "beneficial" or "benediction" or "benefactor"; all very positive meanings... great for a brand

"ORO" is from the Greek word oros which means "mountain"; so we get an image of permanence... strength... majesty... again, great for a brand

A good resource for root word meanings is http://www.etymonline.com

•••
I like the potential of BB and have been building my portfolio (currently 8 published with ~34 additional accepts), but see the above as an incomplete picture. You also have to consider cost of rejects and, probably most of all, time and effort (see: work) spent obtaining names, as well as voting and/or paying the listing fee.

Also you have to consider all the names that are published but won't sell anytime soon, if ever. Oh yeah: don't forget the cost of renewals!

Of course, it was only for illustrative purposes. Even if you factor all the parts you mentioned, our profit margin is incredible compared with most businesses. That was my point.

•••
Need a little help regarding DNS validation guys!
I changed nameservers and also set up forwarding.
It has been about 24 hours but when I try Dns validation, the brandbucket page says: "Your domain is not validated"
Used ping tools: It says the nameservers:
ns07.domaincontrol.com
ns08.domaincontrol.com
But when i type the domain address, it forwards to https://www.brandbucket.com/my domain name.
Any help shall be deeply appreciated.

•••
It can take up to 48 hours if you are GoDaddy. For your interest, if you visit the domain just before you change the DNS it can take up to 48 hours. If you don't visit your domain at all and only change the DNS it validates almost immediately. No idea why, but this has been my experience at least.

•••
Yeah! 8 weeks later, 2 of my domains are now published, 4 more to come shortly. My target is to have around 20-25.

I will let you know if I ever sell one.

•••
Was just re-reading through the post and the main topic of discussion seems to be the waiting time for BB to come back with either a yes or no...I'm a little confused though, the reality is that some of these domains may take years to sell so whats the rush? You'd be satisfied with a 4 week turnaround but if it reaches 7 then start kicking up a fuss, why is that? 3 weeks extra in the scheme of things surely is a small price to pay for the convenience of having a 3rd party deal with marketing, research, domain description, organising the logo, advertising, hosting the biggest market place on the net and logistics of those things combined.

I'm not saying its perfect and there is room for improvement, i would rather they took 20% or a reduced % after a domain has been listed for more than 12 months, more transparency, I would like to see a queue system so that we know roughly when a domain is going to be appraised, I'd like the option of posting my own logo as opposed to having to pay someone $100 even if that means taking a $30-$50 cut from the end sale for the privilege.

But I am constantly searching for names, hand reg's and auctions and adding them to BB for appraisal maybe twice a week so i have a constant stream of contact and either positive or negative outcomes so am never sitting on the edge of my seat wondering if 1 domain i sent for appraisal might be accepted.

Maybe its not the norm, maybe most people register 20-30 names at once with BB then sit back and wait?

If you have the time to market a domain and believe that you could sell it for the same price and save 30% then great but I just don't have the time to market 50 odd domains....its an impossible task.

•••
I'm not saying its perfect and there is room for improvement, i would rather they took 20% or a reduced % after a domain has been listed for more than 12 months

How does that makes sense for BB? Surely they would be better off if they kicked our none-selling names off their system?

more transparency

Again, how does that makes sense for BB? More work for them only to have a bunch of crazy domainers with 'similar names' contact their buyers, or steal their content to list BB domains sold on their own websites, or dissect and be rude about sold domains/websites in forums like these?

I would like to see a queue system so that we know roughly when a domain is going to be appraised

Why would you want to cause BB more work to know where your domain is in the queue? It wouldn't speed anything up and could even slow things down.

I'd like the option of posting my own logo as opposed to having to pay someone $100 even if that means taking a $30-$50 cut from the end sale for the privilege.

You have this option. Apply to be a logo designer and if you are approved, when you add your description you are offered the choice of uploading your own logo.

We've been handed a great opportunity by BB but I can see we are in danger of blowing it by the constant whining which their clients could easily find with a Google search (I include myself as having been guilty in the past too!).

We should be grateful, and if we don't like the current set up, we should quietly move on.

•••
I now try to submit new domains at least once or twice a week even if its just a few names .. it really makes the waiting period less noticeable as I have more domains every steps of the process all the time.

Just had my 7th domain approved this morning (scriptik.com)

•••
IMO,

BB is the best marketplace for brandables, in support as well as transparency.

The gave me fast support in past.

I feel they are more transparent than others, we can able to search other member's profile and domains.

Some of our members compared Mr.Michael Krell's domains (@michaeljkrell ) and fast approval with their submissions.

If BB wants to hide things from us they can easily remove profile system and other information. (No one can able to know the total domains of a member unless its you)

They are keen to improve their system (fast review than before) and we should appreciate their efforts.

Again IMO, 30% commission is fair and not too much. (They do Marketing, Sales handling, Transfer and more)

They are (Brandbucket) doing pretty good service, most of the time we people didn't see the good things but fast in spotting mistakes and bugs.

I didn't see these kind of posts in BR or NR thread.

Anyways, I would like to thank BB for their great support.

We should be grateful, and if we don't like the current set up, we should quietly move on.

I Agree!

•••
Again IMO, 30% commission is fair and not too much. (They do Marketing, Sales handling, Transfer and more)
Up to this date, BB has became the biggest source of revenue for me, not complaining about 30% fee, they deserve it.

•••
I think if people bothered to go back and re-read my post then you'd understand i am a fan of BB and in fact sell exclusively through them bar a few sales on this forum. The whole point of the thread was to question why people complain about the time it takes as an extra few weeks waiting time is drop in the ocean compared to how long it will probably take to sell the domain anyway.

I simply stated that it wasn't perfect...is anything? ...that i would like to see 20%, who wouldn't? ...that a queuing system might be worth considering e.g. if that if BB are currently reviewing/appraising 500 domains then each could be numbered by way of date/time received. Once one had been dealt with all remaining domains would jump a position in the queue and this could be displayed within the user panel, not rocket science and fully automated.

My argument for logos is simple, I would, as others, like the option to upload a logo of my choice, simple.
@JimJammy seems to believe that anyone has that choice of applying to be a logo designer and hey presto! you can just go ahead and upload logos for your own domains...but its not quite that simple...a quote from the BB FAQ's...

"What if my domain has a logo already?

In general we prefer that the logo designers in our community create a logo for all domains submitted to us. However, if you are a professional designer with a strong logo design portfolio, we can consider you to join the community, and then you'll be able to upload your own logos for your own domain names."

...well I'm not a professional designer and so nor do I have a strong logo design portfolio, however I can go on fiverr and pay somebody $5 to design a logo, with alterations, to my specifications within 24-48 hours.
My point was that if this was an option then I wouldn't mind paying $30-$50 for the privilege and I'm sure others would agree.

I personally love BB, its far better than anything out there but that doesn't mean its perfect and cant improve in ways to cut out competition that's itching for a bigger slice of the cake...they were suggestions of things that may be used to help improve an already excellent service...now stop taking it personally and trying to defend BB no matter what just to look good in the eyes of the reps and start having an open mind by constructively criticizing companies even if you support them.

•••
So what's stopping you from applying to be a logo designer and submitting logos made on Fiverr then if you want to do that?

•••
Have you not bothered once again to read the above quote? Here's the entire page for you to look at:
https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/sellers

It states, once again that they have their own logo design community but if you are a professional logo designer (which I'm not) and if you have a strong logo design portfolio (which i don't) then you can be considered...I'm not sure how that's so complicated? Are you just trolling now?

•••
I'd like the option of posting my own logo as opposed to having to pay someone $100 even if that means taking a $30-$50 cut from the end sale for the privilege.
Here you say you want to upload your own logo.

..well I'm not a professional designer and so nor do I have a strong logo design portfolio, however I can go on fiverr and pay somebody $5 to design a logo, with alterations, to my specifications within 24-48 hours. My point was that if this was an option then I wouldn't mind paying $30-$50 for the privilege and I'm sure others would agree.
Here you say you could get a logo you've bought on Fiverr.

I really don't see what your problem is. If you have someone on Fiverr whose designs you like, have them do half a dozen logos for you and submit them as a logo designer. Once approved, you can upload the logos you will continue to buy from that gig supplier. I am actually trying to help you.

Unless I have completely misunderstood and you are suggesting that BB set up some system whereby they hire Fiverr users to submit logos and "you" approve them rather than them? Not sure who will be paying them up front either?

•••
Has anyone seen Michael Krell's latest sales? He normally posts his sales every couple of weeks and on March 24 he reported his latest sales but nothing in over 2 months. It's June 1st and I am wondering if I missed it or something.

•••
I think for them dealing only with their approved designers allows them to have more control over the quality, the consistency, the file format, etc. I am sure they have a specific size/quality template, some kind of guidelines they provide their designers with. They want to avoid receiving image that could not blend in with the others. .. but hey .. its just my 2 cents.

•••
I give up. I said I would like the option of uploading my own logo instead of paying $100 for a logo designer at BB to do it for me. Yes I would pay someone $5 at fiverr to do it for me but it''s still my logo as I own it. I would just like the option of using it instead of the current situation. For me or anyone else to be considered a professional designer I would have to pay for a very large portfolio of designs to be done then setup a website to host them because BB says this:
"Then you can send an email to info @ BrandBucket dot com with your design portfolio URL and ask to be considered to join the designer community as a domain owner."

...you have made it sound like anyone can just upload a logo if they want, I'm simply making the point that's its not that simple.

OK, discussion over, I'm too busy.

•••
@DoumB21 Any logo designer could come up with a design to any specifications, format, size etc...are you telling me the entrants who bid for jobs in the logo design section of this forum couldn't do that?...and they charge less than half of BB with excellent quality designs IMHO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back