Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Had a sale today, G/L/A/M/A/T/I.

I know the BB team well enough that I am confident in the new site redesign that they are working on.

I also believe that brandables, including quality hand regs, will prove to be profitable in the long term.

•••
Sale: * A * C * T * I * V * I * R * A *

Best run I've ever had on BB. Kudos to them.

•••
can you share your sales @Keith DeBoer ?

Thanks
I don't want to list individual names but I'll says this:

I only recently started adding invented names to my portfolio so all my sales so far have been two word domains and keyword hacks. 80% of my sales have been names I hand regged. All my sales have been priced between $1995 and $2495. It's hard to say what my sales % might be as my portfolio is constantly growing. In June 2015 I had 50 listings on BB and now, 10 months later, I have 470 listed names. Sales come more frequently now. Regarding sales % people should keep in mind that the sell through rate will vary greatly from one BB seller to another. So my suggestion is to focus on your own portfolio and sales and fine tune your portfolio to increase your sales rate and avoid making your business decisions based on the reports or claims of other people who may have a variety of personal motives. The only thing that counts is your business. Is your plan working? Are you becoming profitable? Is the amount of profit worth your time?

Like everyone else I came to domaining looking for easy money. But I found out it doesn't exist. You have to work hard and smart. Harder and smarter than most of the others. And there is nothing easy about that.

Last edited:
•••
I think a lot of people who react negatively might just not be the target audience of BB. I see it in the following way:

Can I create my own marketplace?
I can make a really basic site, but it would take me a chunk of time to get it to my satisfactory level. I can create simple sites with wordpress etc, but still it would take me more time to build a marketplace, let alone a marketplace that stands out and look nice.

Can I create a logo myself?
Probably, but it will take a lot of time for me and it wouldn't look that good. It is just not in my skillset

Can I attract visitors with my own landing page or marketplace?
I might just be able to do that, but I would have very minimal traffic on my site. I know the basics of SEO etc, but it would again take up a lot of my time and I don't think the results will be as good as BB results

Can I get $2000 on average for my brandable names myself?
No, I would probably be very happy with 1 sale of $1000. I can't attract enough visitors, I can't make my site and logos look appealing enough and I am bad at negotiating, as I would bite way too early.

For these reasons, Brandbucket adds value for me:
  • They save me a lot of time
  • They attract visitors
  • In the end, after all fees I still get an average of $1000 a name (going off an average sale price of around $1800 and covering 10 to 20 listing fees per sold name), which is more than what I would probably get on my own

For me, the only question is: can I sell at least 1 name on Brandbucket? If I can, I am happy and they provided value for me. If not, I am still covered, as I can sell the BB published names to cover my cost.

A lot of complaints I read is also about the sales percentage. While this might not be (much) higher than the average sales percentage of a domainer, I still think people can easily get a lazy Brandbucket attitude.

What I mean by this is that a lot of people just go for BB acceptance of regged domains and expect sales. They are envious of @michaeljkrell his sales ratings, but might forget that most of his names are not regged. I regged all my names as well (and during .com sales too), but I don't expect the same sales rates as Michael. Furthermore, I still think getting BB accepted is not all there is to it. I can still differ quality in accepted names based on my own judgement. I might be off, but at least I have tried everything I can to increase my chances in selling.

For instance: I know a lot of VCVCV and CVCVCV domains are accepted on BB and they sell a bunch of them if I am correct. However, I cannot see the difference in 95% of these names and why one of those is accepted for $3000 and another is for $1800. As I don't understand it, I don't just publish a bunch of those. I look for accepted names that I think have value as well and where I can imagine a business usecase for. Sure, I have some VCVCV and CVCVCV patterns as well, to cover everything, but I like names like Veritool or Lectera better, as I can imagine a company being interested in those names. I might be way off, but I treat my BB profile the way I treat my total domain portfolio: I don't buy names because others think they are good, but because I myself also see value. I don't think all BB sellers are doing this.

So to summarize: BB provides value for me and even if they take a big chunk with their 30%, the net price I get from them would be higher than the price I would get myself. Furthermore, they save me time, so I can focus on my other domains.

If you are like me and cannot create a good portfolio site with nice logos and a decent amount of visitors, you are probably somebody who can benefit from Brandbucket. If you can create these things yourself and get a nice amount of visitors, you might not be BB's target audience. You can of course have your opinions on their business model, but don't forget that they still add value for domainers like me. Therefore, they have their place in the domain industry in my humble opinion.

•••
hi,
t/e/l/e/t/r/e/e just sold
reg:18 may, 2016

•••
Sold my first domain with Brandbucket.
r/i/i/p/e - low xxxx
Thanks to BB and @michaeljkrell

Thanks to @hookbox who helped me to select that domain for me.

Last edited:
•••
I also sold a name today, Citrolo dot Com. It's my 9th sale this year with BB and I have 111 listings remaining. Citrolo was listed since June 2013. I bought it from another NP'er for $50 earlier that year.

•••
My first sale! I'm happy :)
B/u/y/y/o (BB accepted: 2015 July)

Happy new year!

•••
January 16 is the best month for me, sold 4 names on BB.

•••
so I posted the below on the Slack channel (my post so i can share here as its my own content)

Well. I think I owe BB and they owe me a response to this concern that Im raised a lot before and will raise for the last time coz its really a time waste it seems ... The search results are not very solid as its claimed... its still observed that a lot of results are a bit biased towards some sellers... I for one, im not happy with my names positioning, not to mention the sales rates... Before the optimistic crowd jumps on , my names are 60% aftermarket bought, with some names in the top 1% of quality on BB like OnlineCareer.com and Obro.com ... I am a solid investor that believes in one thing "Numbers"... Ive been in this business for 3 years with a solid ROI of 35% net profit annually... been in and out of BB before and unfortunately close to being out again this time.. I dont have the time to dive deeper again and get a lot of data to back my arguments above, but Ive dont it before randomly for some keywords, and some others have done the same exercise on NamePros for other Keywords (I didnt like their language though demonstrating the facts), but they remain facts! I Wont be pointing fingers as its a waste of time, but I wont tolerate the type of responses like "thats not true, Mr X has 50 domains and has sold 4% of his portfolio last month which is more than BB personal domains being sold" ... Everyone is here for one purpose, MONEY! I am writing this post to defend the hours wasted in relisting the names on BB on my return last november! To be honest, I dont get it how such a successful business is losing a lot of loyal customers... one thing is behind customer retention "Customer Satisfaction" ... Lots of people are here just because they are stuck, others because they hope others hoping to become ambassadors chasing perks they dont know what it is... Im not one of these people, Im a money investor 1+1=2, I only believe again in numbers... These dont add up for me on BB with my return.. Margot is a fantastic business woman and Michael is a decent person... but at some point one should think about only money! BB is doing the same, having their own names in place is a prioritization of profit over 10% more customer satisfaction (again zero tolerance for overly optimistic people that would argue with this)... its an undeniable fact that if you survey it, you will get at least 10% satisfaction increase if you removed your names off the platform... but anyways, thats a strategy you guys have and its too late or impossible to discuss... I personally, had a job offer to work for the world's best Domain brokerage firm, but refused because they wanted me to stop selling my own names as its a conflict of interest... I did respect that clause in the contract, they put customers first! As a result, I do recommend their services to date, coz they put the customer FIRST! I hope no one got offended here, but as I said I owed you an honest feedback! Best of luck everyone selling on BB

Then someone from BB pm me saying if I believe I can sell better on another platform, then it makes sense for me to look elsewhere...

so, after being further offended by that PM, I immediately messaged BB to officially remove my names for good... I will never ever use BB again and I DONT recommend them for anyone... not because of the reasons in the post above only, but because their private response to me confirms that we as sellers/customers/partners (whatever you want to name it) are not treated in the way we should've by any means!

Enough said! Good luck to everyone!

•••
I'm excited to announce that BrandBucket just completed the sale of R E S P O N S I V E . C O M very close to the $140K asking price. Pretty exciting stuff!

Just to be clear, this was NOT my name :)

•••
This may not be new, but I only found it now by accident:

https://www.brandbucket.com/profiles/

It includes logo designers, but the top 10 sellers by portfolio size appear to be:

https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/boxador - 2273
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/mediaplow - 1741
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/brandiogo - 506
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/excitemental - 257
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/brandologist - 230
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/registerly - 229
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/bazabizo - 223
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/ikehook - 222
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/romco - 204
https://www.brandbucket.com/profile/patrickdey - 200

Total is 6085, so top 10 sellers account for roughly 50% of all names on BB.

It can be really useful to check out some of these larger portfolios to get some inspiration on naming conventions.

•••
Here are my BB sales for last few days in May and all of June. I also had one more that buyer is relisting, so I don't want to say which one that was.

S U P P O R T S T A C K
M I C R O F U N D E R
P L U N C
T A L K S I G N A L
B L O C K A B L E
R E A D Y S E L E C T
N E X T B L O O M
P R O N T O L Y
B U R S T D R I V E
G L A M S T A C K
C H I C C R O W D
L E G A L R O O M
L A U N C H G R I D
C O O K I N G L Y
F L O W P A Y M E N T
S W Y P E R
S E N D C O
T A P B O T

•••
Small update on my stats:

Listed - 350
Sold - 14
Accepted/Pending/Queued - ~100

I had 1 sale on BB in late June after an 8-week quiet period, and then another sale this week.

FWIW I think Michael has had phenomenal success which is primarily down to having an exceptionally good eye for names that generate demand. I don't think there's any inherent advantage afforded to him beyond the quality of his names.

I also think his success is exceptional - others looking on should consider him an outlier rather than a proxy for general success. I've adjusted my expected BB sales rate to 3% now from the previous 5% level I previously considered appropriate.

•••
Sold C L O U D T I T A N on bb last night for low x,xxx ... Another great sale! I am now catching up with my original plan to try to have a monthly sale to be on pay with my 3% sales min. on BB... I am positive now that the trend will continue (hopefully) :) Thanks Michael, and lets never forget Julia and khalan (A name that makes my day when I see in the inbox, coz it means I got a sale) :D

•••
First sale today!!!

One of my higher priced (and higher quality, IMHO) domains. Will post very detailed statistics for everyone once the sale has finalized.

•••
Yeah I have a domain that has the same problem as yours Miks, thanks for the hide tip Calvenor, I'll try that.

I emailed Namerific several times about that, changed my domain information with stuff like "delete this listing", bumped up the price to an insane level, and they still won't remove it.

On NR you have the option to hide the listing, then it will just show "Domain Unavailable - Please check back soon."

I sold another name on BB for close to mid XXXX, I will report it here when I receive the payment. It was listed for 12 months.

•••
Sold StartFaster/com. Sold 12 names and have another 112 listed at this moment.

•••
I had a sale a few days ago:

B*E*A*V*R

This name was rejected at BR, NR and BB once. Finally they approved it a few months ago.

Money in the bank, happy. :)

•••
Another BB name of mine sold today, G/O/G/O/X/O

•••
And another sale: * T * I * P * O * L * Y *

Very good start to year. 4 sales so far on BB.

•••
BrandBucket sold a name of mine today: N*U*T*R*I*A*G*O

•••
I just sold an other name, had to lower the price a bit, but still a really good sale. Thanks BB!

•••
Just sold my first Domain at Brandbucket for 2500 USD.

Was quite surprised, because z/u/l/i/z(.)com is not one of my best names, but it seems that the guy from China liked it for his Company.

Last edited:
•••
The 10% of the Profits were transfered to the guy I bought Domain from.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back