Dynadot

Brand name testing for EventBrite alternative

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What brand name do you prefer for an online event booking brand?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Epik has been incubating an alternative to EventBrite at the request of an Epik client who was booted by EventBrite and for which they found EventBrite's 10% commissions to be too high as well as wanted the ability to accept crypto as payment method. We are now finalizing the brand name and would like to invite some domain industry input on name selection.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Had it been "Eventized" is "eventize", it would have been the better of the lot. None is the best.

•••
FullAvenue or FullVenue sounds same..

•••
Liked some but didn't love any but I had to choose one so I did.

•••
Eventized, easy choice for a pure brandable, but FullVenue is the best if you want a 2-word..

Like others have mentioned, there are drops every day with "Event" in them that might be better.

Last edited:
•••
I voted for FullVenue, my 2nd choice would be EventBlitz.

Eventized is nice too but if you decide to go with this one I think you'll also need to get Eventised as well.

•••
definately EventsAngel.com ,but let the stats to speak for it self :)

•••
OK. I understand, it's a B2B proposition, really as a facilitator.
Are you looking for suggestions or available names for sale.

Your really looking for a key word (plus a second or variation of spelling) to ecapsulate that service provision. I don't think the word 'Events' in your choices is the key word for such a service

The pitch is mainly a B2B pitch. After all, it is mainly the business owners which are the ones who are apparently frustrated with the status quo.

The benefit to the consumer is that we intend to give them decentralized control over their personal info, i.e. so that only the consumer and booking agent need to know who is coming to your event. We don't need "Big Brother" constructing behavioral profiles of us based on our activities. That is part of why decentralization is inevitable.

Speaking more broadly, the winner-take-all centralized platforms have abused market power through high fees and self-serving use of consumer data. Decentralization and Federation is a logical response to that.

Our recently released Us.Tv is a YouTube alternative built on decentralized PeerTube framework. Gab.com, an Epik client, recently ported to Mastodon, which is another decentralized federation. This is really good news for domainers because you can have local branding, but with convenience and interoperability.

In other words, the Decentralized Internet is not just about "Blockchain". I see a lot more evidence of consumer uptake of federations than I do Ethereum dApps, for example. That should tell you something about where the puck is going.

•••
•••
didn't see ticketmaster so I picked upevent. :)

•••
In response to this, if you're still open to additional names, I'd propose the following which is mine and think would be fitting & clear in this case..

I like it...it is a great name...maybe Rob will keep the contest running. (yes, I just woke up from my 'old man' nap)!

Last edited:
•••
Epik has been incubating an alternative to EventBrite at the request of an Epik client who was booted by EventBrite and for which they found EventBrite's 10% commissions to be too high as well as wanted the ability to accept crypto as payment method. We are now finalizing the brand name and would like to invite some domain industry input on name selection.
Maybe a second round on this one?

•••
I like FullVenue.com the best out of the lot.

Of course, I like the related domain I own more ;)

LowcostEvents.com

Last edited:
•••
Depending how serious this venture actually is, I would probably look for something better than any of the choices listed.

Of the ones listed, FullVenue.com is the only one I would consider.

Brad

•••
Congrats to xxx...it was my third choice, but to me the top three names (on my favorites list) were equally good.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats. Great price too and amazing transparency when you didnt have to mention at all the details.

Well, I did get @Ategy to provide his permission to disclose the details. I did not name him in my post but apparently others connected those dots.

•••
•••
I do like eventsbin.com or eventsadvisory.com I am selling

•••
Some voters thought that poll about the best domain name, not the best suitable domain for event business, so upevent is more suitable .

•••
•••
•••
Here are my thoughts I already shared with @Rob Monster ...

A1 - I like the concept, but the white space is in the star really isn't right. I'd also have the star moved a few pixels to the left to have the full base of the "V" showing.

A2 - I don't like the multicolor tickets .. makes it seem like 1990. Maybe if it was just one ticket (I also don't really like the star in the ticket .. also dated)

A3 - Not horrible, but the bubbles are kinda meaningless.

A4 - I like the concept of this one as well. But both the F and V aren't really featured as well as they could be. If the white line were a bit thinner (pic 1), the stem of the F would be a bit more apparent, and you'd have just enough of the left-side portion of the V to have a tiny check-mark effect which I think could be much more significant to the acronym (would have to see it to be sure I guess). Or even simply get rid of the whitespace between the F and V (pic 2 .. using sharper lines obviously)
`1.
FullVenueLogo.png
FullVenueLogo2.png

A5 - Really don't like the logo.

A6- Perfect for 1973! lol

A7 - Like the logo on this one a lot. Maybe test it with different fonts or try to get the blue in Venue to be more consistent with the colour of the digitised ticket (or vice versa). Maybe get a few different versions of this as well.

A8- Not bad, but nothing special either.

A9- Really don't like this one. It might work much better if it wee imposed on something other than whitespace. The font is just ouch in that context.

If I had to choose without any further alterations, then A7 would be my pick. I think the digitised ticket is a good concept and imagery for the project.

•••
I like A7, but would remove the .com.

•••
IIRC, Amazon was originally "Amazon.com." Not anymore.

•••
Thank you all for your feedback. We will continue working on these samples but looks like we will go with A7.
will post an update once we finish the edits.

I think that A7 is a good choice,

Can you make any changes or improvements on A7 , I was thinking it might look nicer if you could make the capital F a little bigger and then extend the top of it in a straight line that goes over all the other letters to the end of the logo. (also the colors are good, but I think I like the font in A5 better)

Last edited:
•••
IIRC, Amazon was originally "Amazon.com." Not anymore.

That could be because 'Amazon' is now considered by the majority in its market to be 'Amazon.com'. The .com is no longer necessary.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back