IT.COM

Brand name testing for EventBrite alternative

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What brand name do you prefer for an online event booking brand?

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Epik has been incubating an alternative to EventBrite at the request of an Epik client who was booted by EventBrite and for which they found EventBrite's 10% commissions to be too high as well as wanted the ability to accept crypto as payment method. We are now finalizing the brand name and would like to invite some domain industry input on name selection.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some decent entries...and a couple are really good (only one has negative connotations to someone seeking a ticket).

It helps us all get the creative juices flowing to participate in/watch a contest like this. Please keep them coming!

•••
Fullvenue is the best to me

Because I tried pronouncing all the names
And only fullvenue was pronunced without stress

•••
Some established online event/ticket booking company names and their titles are

EventBrite - Discover great events or create your own & sell tickets
EventZIlla - Complete online event registration & management
EventMobi - Event app & registration for events, conferences & meetings
EventBee - Online registration - Event ticketing, venue seating with Eventbee

All of these name has connection to word "Event".

FullVenue is a nice name but it sounds like a service for booking large venues for birthday party / office party / family get together. It doesn't suite for an online event booking site where people can find and book their favorite local event. EventVenue / TicketVenue would have been great.

•••
None of them. I might take more time to research and find a decent name!

•••
I like Tictronic.com but you'd probably want the Tiktronic AND Ticktronic spellings (due to radio test, etc) so you do not lose that traffic. Ultimately I think FullVenue.com wins though.

•••
Epik has been incubating an alternative to EventBrite at the request of an Epik client who was booted by EventBrite and for which they found EventBrite's 10% commissions to be too high as well as wanted the ability to accept crypto as payment method. We are now finalizing the brand name and would like to invite some domain industry input on name selection.

A BIG Hats Off to Rob for creating some real fun, interest and challenging domaining. We love these opportunities and we Thank You ROB!

•••
We went with FullVenue.com. We have our winner.
Congrats to the winner well done.

Even though my entry didn't win (Eventized) I agree the winning entry was better.

•••
Sounds like a great outcome for all, congrats!

@Rob Monster
Thanks for bringing a little fun to the domain community with your innovative projects!

•••
I like A7 the best also, and personally would retain the .com. Afterall this is not an offline business you're building a website for, but it is solely an online platform. I think that makes the extension important as part of the branding.

•••
Nothing I like...
But
Eventized is my choice..

•••
Rob, EventBlitz.com is what I would go with from among the (mostly poor) choices available.

Also, if I may suggest one of my relevant names:
EventKraft.com

•••
•••
•••
Not wishing to sound over critical but as I opened this post and just the list appeared (not the poster) My first thoughts were . OK another newbie using a survey to highlight his recent entry into the domain market. I'm not going to vote for any because I think you can do far better by just a low to reasonable spend in the after-market

Last edited:
•••
I chose FullVenue because I had to make a choice from the names above. Nevertheless, I have EventSlip.com for tickets/ booking events online. Goodluck as you search for the right name.

•••
I proposed Eventoro.com (not a domain I own). If I had to choose from the above I would say FullVenue.com

•••
Full venue ought to attract customers. Nothing worse that a half empty one.

•••
I can help you by process of elimination:

Eventized - how do you say that? Event-ized or Even-tized? Eventize would be better.
EventsAngel - stay away from plurals in the first word. It would be better sounding as "EventAngel" or "AngelEvents".
EventZee - a word starting with a "Z" right after a word ending with a "T" is awkward to say. It can also be confused with eventzy or eventsy.
Tictronic - sounds too techy . Better name for a B2B business than B2C.

Epik has been incubating an alternative to EventBrite at the request of an Epik client who was booted by EventBrite

A client got booted from EventBrite, so you will build an alternative service as an Epik offering? You're on fire with launching new platforms.

•••
I voted for Tictronic that felt modern to me although after reading @Ategy.com excellent post the case for FullVenue is very strong. I also like EventBlitz quite a bit as it too feels positive and energetic.

Several rubbed me the wrong way including EventsAngel, EventZee and EventCasa.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to express opinions @Rob Monster. Best wishes for your venture.

Bob

•••
Epik may be the beset friend of domain investors. You folks not only provide top-notch services to domain investors and listen to our needs, but also have become the end user for our domains. Good on you. Please come back and buy more.

•••
FullVenue.com is not a good name for EventBrite.com alternative site. This is an event booking platform and not venue booking site.

UpEvent.com or EventZee.com would make more sense to me

Last edited:
•••
That may well be the case, though Amazon is also no longer just an online business.
I'm sure there would be other examples of companies that have dropped the .com from their name though - and that's fine - but I still go with my earlier opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own though!

•••
could be because they are looking for global presence now. .com is for the American markets & .cc TLD for the rest of the world.

•••
A7 appears the best choice. Depending how you're using it, it might be too horizontal in length for its height, based on how people view things. Eg.:

If it could be done in a way that it doesn't look unbalanced, maybe could rotate the '.com' so it reads vertically, rather than horizontally? &/or play with the length of the image in front of the lettering?
Actually reading the book by Al Ries "immutable Laws of Branding".

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back