Domain Empire

advice Brand Development Tips – What NOT To Do In A Video Interview

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Michael Gilmour @Whizzbang the other day in a video session and I made a lot of mistakes during the interview. He did a great job at cleaning/editing some of the less than presentable moments, but there are still aspects of the overall experience I feel lacked proper translation (On my part). Rather than looking at this in a negative light, I’m going to use it as a learning tool for myself and others so that we can continue to better our best and hopefully not make the same mistakes in the future.
Below, you’ll find the video interview followed by the mistakes I was able to identify (After the fact) and solutions on how to approach/avoid them in the future. One of these days I’ll be able to flawlessly engage in such video interactions (After a lot of practice, reflection, and learning).
Let's go over some of the mistakes I made and outline what should have been done....
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Michael Gilmour @Whizzbang the other day in a video session and I made a lot of mistakes during the interview. He did a great job at cleaning/editing some of the less than presentable moments, but there are still aspects of the overall experience I feel lacked proper translation (On my part). Rather than looking at this in a negative light, I’m going to use it as a learning tool for myself and others so that we can continue to better our best and hopefully not make the same mistakes in the future.
Below, you’ll find the video interview followed by the mistakes I was able to identify (After the fact) and solutions on how to approach/avoid them in the future. One of these days I’ll be able to flawlessly engage in such video interactions (After a lot of practice, reflection, and learning).
Let's go over some of the mistakes I made and outline what should have been done....
Read More
Hello Eric, great interview. I just came across an auction for memphis logos and thought of you. https://www.namepros.com/threads/3-...om-millionaireyacht-com.1024020/#post-6201157

P.s. your a gifted artist.

Last edited:
•••
Hello Eric, great interview. I just came across an auction for memphis logos and thought of you. https://www.namepros.com/threads/3-...om-millionaireyacht-com.1024020/#post-6201157

P.s. your a gifted artist.
Thanks.
Nice! I actually just dropped 3 major cities with the largest populations in the u.s. City+logo. I kept some too. Just not much spare time these days to dedicate to developing them all. I generally develop everything I invest in and drop what I no longer have time for. Bigger fish to fry at the moment.

•••
Maybe you could have been better prepared Eric. Michael could have given you the questions in advance so you can prepare answers.

I found that Michael asked and answered a lot of his own questions which made it difficult for you to answer other than agreeing with him.

You came across well in the interview.

•••
Maybe you could have been better prepared Eric. Michael could have given you the questions in advance so you can prepare answers.

I found that Michael asked and answered a lot of his own questions which made it difficult for you to answer other than agreeing with him.

You came across well in the interview.
Thanks.
I actually asked him beforehand about questions and he said he generally doesn't provide them so he can get a more genuine response, which I can certainly respect that approach.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back