Dynadot

advice Brand Bucket & Domain Ownership

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheFreedomChaser

Established Member
Impact
I'm pretty new to this space, and have been doing a lot of reading lately (there's some great free resources out there in this space, I am very thankful for all of the info and the active community!)

I read a post from a couple of years ago that it's possible to list on Brand Bucket without owning a domain, which seems like a no brainer to me (although of course there's the risk someone will swoop on a domain before you get approved). Does anyone actively use this technique and have success with it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You mean to apply domain names for BB approving, without owning it. Ant then, once approved - to buy it.

The problem you'll face is the following - you won't have many quality brandables available to hand reg. And good drops will be snatched long before any reaction from BB, since nowadays they take 30-45 (and more!) days to approve.
Yes, sure you can use one of these name generators and go applying to BB the results, but you'll have to pay $1 each and then in order to get a portfolio of, let's say 20 names on BB at the end, you'll have to apply like 500-700 names of such quality. And then be ready to wait a couple years (if you are lucky!) until one of these names sells.
It's just not worth the time and effort.

I would actually not recommend to anyone to concentrate on brandable names only or mainly. Extremely tough, very subjective market, a bit like a lottery, although some good names will be reworded at the end (again, could be a long wait).

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back