Dynadot

.com BONJOUR.COM sold for $220 at Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not sure if anyone has posted this, don't think so, but according to Whois there has been no change in the records for the domain name since July 17, 2018. Surely if sold there should be? The domain has been registered since 1995 btw.

•••
I am not sure if anyone has posted this, don't think so, but according to Whois there has been no change in the records for the domain name since July 17, 2018. Surely if sold there should be? The domain has been registered since 1995 btw.
A sale finalization takes time, but this won't be the case here I guess. Yet a good point regarding the latest Whois change date, this probably means that the owner of the name hasn't changed within the previous months.
Edited: Hm, though wait, this is a Whois privacy record...

Last edited:
•••
I have never sold on Flippa but I notice that the listing for this says:

Negotiated Post Public Auction

It shows that there was one bid for $30,000 but that bidding reached $220.
So what does this all mean, those of you who are expert in Flippa (I have never sold there)? Thanks for clarification.

https://flippa.com/auctions/9973257/bids

•••
Wow, it says:
Sold by Negotiation
$30,000 USD
Guess I am the only one that bothered to click on 1 bid link and see it sold for $30K. What most likely happened was he has a reserve that was never met or he ended auction early via offer. When auction ended he got a genuine offer and sold for $30K by negation. I think namebio only picks up bids on flippa so when it showed the xxx amount it shows that but it's clear that it sold by offer accepted of $30K. Image attached.
Edit: Just noticed it says, "Negotiated Post Public Auction", so that explains what happened.

Attachments

• 30k.JPG
    30k.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
•••
•••
@strong you may want to correct this.
I own bonjour.us and if someone references your false info it's going to cause some confusion.

If I had to guses from what know I'd say it sold for $220,000.
The bidder at 30k said his bid wasn't High Enough

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
That seems money laundering to me..!!

The actual deal took place offline. This is just the documented price for the Government..!!

The actual deal might be for $50k or more.
You may not be far from the truth.

•••
•••
Tracy Fogarty of eNaming was the broker of this name only a few months ago.

•••
The truth comes out sooner or later.
There are only two answers.
Either it's sold for 220k or the owner found a way to pull it out the market.

•••
tell me it was a fake auction. Please tell me that the transfer is not taking place. it is impossible

•••
Should this be a joke? I have seen worst domains go for 4-5 figures. It was a gem. Did someone steal it from the real owner and put there for sale. Or is it a fake sale. Come on, $220 ?????

•••
This seems to be just a joke to me :ROFL:

•••
That seems money laundering to me..!!

The actual deal took place offline. This is just the documented price for the Government..!!

The actual deal might be for $50k or more.
Interesting theory. I'm sure this will get a lot of attention and the truth will come out.

•••
Lots of attention yes........truth coming out,unlikely

•••
Interesting theories. Could it be the French government taking over the name as it did to France.com? :D

Was there any TM issue at play here and the seller was forced to sell?

Otherwise the transaction is fishy and Flippa should investigate.

•••
•••
I had done a past deal on Flippa, Where me & buyer agreed for other amount but I put the low bin on that name. My buyer simply hit that BIN & later paid me the amount on which we have agreed.

•••
•••
•••
At least as of now the DNS on bonjour still redirect to the previous owner, LearnFrenchFree, although not surprising even in big sales for contact/DNS take awhile to redirect. I note they have in small print at bottom of page that their previous domain name is for sale, so it seems like it was not held by a domain investor but actively used by a company. Seems strange to give up your established domain name and replace it with a three word one, and only get $$$ for the old one.

•••
if too good to be true..then not true

its basically a 5 figure name on a bad day

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back