IT.COM

.com BONJOUR.COM sold for $220 at Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
tell me it was a fake auction. Please tell me that the transfer is not taking place. it is impossible

•••
Should this be a joke? I have seen worst domains go for 4-5 figures. It was a gem. Did someone steal it from the real owner and put there for sale. Or is it a fake sale. Come on, $220 ?????

•••
even $5000 is a desperate sale ... 220 is just outrageous

•••
•••

I see a lot of red here..
1) Why didnt flippa pick it up as editors pick. and
2) $220 is only 1 bid. was everyone else blind???
3) People on flippa desperately scout reserve met domains to get a steal deal so how come it got just 1 bid of $220.
4) Also was the seller a fool to set reserve so low??? domain age is 23 years which means there are high chances that the seller is a seasoned domainer.
5) even a newbie on flippa with set a good enough reserve price. people set 10000 for horseshits but this seller kept 1???

I believe this is some practical joke on flippa.

•••
And it was a negotiation deal, no bids, no BIN !!!!!

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE !!!!!

But the buyer has made deals worth $34000, so at least the buyer seems a veteran of this industry. Hope he/she doesn't get into some fraud deal trouble. Smells fishy fishy :(

•••
Another good reason why we should not use Flippa to sell our domains anymore.:xf.laugh:

•••
That seems money laundering to me..!!

The actual deal took place offline. This is just the documented price for the Government..!!

The actual deal might be for $50k or more.

Last edited:
•••
This seems to be just a joke to me :ROFL:

•••

The actual deal took place offline. This is just the documented price for the Government..!!

Interesting theory. I'm sure this will get a lot of attention and the truth will come out.

•••
Lots of attention yes........truth coming out,unlikely

•••
one can't be so naive to believe it..

Flippa may have ended the auction for some reason.

•••

Could be also something like taking a fake loss for tax purposes or something similar...

•••
I see a lot of red here..

Same here. But for different reasons than you.
1) Why didnt flippa pick it up as editors pick. and

It was listed in Flippas Editors Choice -- HERE

upload_2018-10-12_22-35-36.png

2) $220 is only 1 bid. was everyone else blind???

Where did the $220 bid come from? According to the bid history, there was a lone $30k bid -- HERE

upload_2018-10-12_22-24-24.png

3) People on flippa desperately scout reserve met domains to get a steal deal so how come it got just 1 bid of $220.

I viewed this auction while it was still live. There was a $30k bid, and reserve was still not met. I do remember noting the reserve was unusually low for such a high quality domain -- a nice round number like $50k or $500k if I'm not mistaken -- but don't quote me on that.

I'm wondering if it's something similar to this. Possibly the domain sold, and the seller wants to short @FlippaDomains out of commission? Or the seller wanted a paper trail of passing off the asset. -- Just guesses -- As it is highly unlikely the domain legitimately sold for $220.

Last edited:
•••
I saw the domain before 2 days in flippa auction with 1 bid of 30k $ and reserve was not met .And before 2 - 3 months i saw the same domain being auctioned in namejet with a reserve of 75k - 100k $ and the highest bid was 49k $ . So, i am pretty sure that the seller knows the value of the domain ...

I am 100 % sure that it is a fake sale... No one in this world will leave such a money in table...

After the auction ended unsold , the seller has an option to make an offer to watchers in flippa . So , instead of 220 k , he entered 220 $ and someone accepted it immediately thinking that he/she is getting a bargain :ROFL:. But i am sure seller will be ready even to loose his flippa account, instead selling it for 220$, poor buyer ... i am 100 % sure that this had happened as the starting bid for this auction was 30k $ and there is no way a person could place a bid for 220$ ...

Last edited:
•••
I don't think it is real. I was the one who made the bid for $30k, seller messaged me, wanting $220k.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-13 01.50.21.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-13 01.50.21.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 197
•••
I viewed this auction while it was still live. There was a $30k bid, and reserve was still not met. I do remember noting the reserve was unusually low for such a
high quality domain -- a nice round number like $50k or $500k if I'm not mistaken -- but don't quote me on that.

I believe the reserve was around $250k, BIN $500k

•••
I don't think it is real. I was the one who made the bid for $30k, seller messaged me, wanting $220k.
Exactly what i said above...:xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••

Seems like the seller got 220 just forgot a 'K'..!!

•••
Interesting theories. Could it be the French government taking over the name as it did to France.com? :D

Was there any TM issue at play here and the seller was forced to sell?

Otherwise the transaction is fishy and Flippa should investigate.

•••
According to HERE Tracy Fogarty of eNaming announced the domain becoming available for sale in 2017.

Then in 2018, eNaming attempted to auction the domain on NameJet.

upload_2018-10-12_23-7-52.png

And before 2 - 3 months i saw the same domain being auctioned in namejet with a reserve of 75k - 100k $ and the highest bid was 49k $

According to GoldNames, bidding reached $50k.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back