Domain Empire

Bodis landers VS BIN landers

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

Is there anyone who made a test using bodis as a lander ?

I now use dan landers and also list my domains on sedo and afternic.
I tested bodis during few hours and see that I have significant revenues using them, so i'm thinking of using them for my landers yearly instead of dan.

Is there somebody who tested them for selling domains, there is only a link at the top of the page, it's ads focused and not sale, but maybe the difference between them and dan landers for making domains sales is not so high.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, but if any only if you use custom forsale URL in domain config. Any and all "built-in" forsale destinations, as well as bodis-powered contact form, are not working (no forwarding) with ublock origin...
URL in folder section ?
There is also a redirect in case of no ads in settings/parking section

•••
This has already been discussed and nobody can provide any example domain that auto forwards when it detects adblock. I urge people to stop destroying sales and immediately halt any landers that are blocked for millions or tens of millions of people unless you have some names you do not care about selling. Bodis already confirmed on here that their page does not render for ublock, so the arguments over this are by people that should never be trusted. If they cannot admit to something bodis themselves stated, they are just misleading people and potentially causing serious financial loss.

This same issue applies to some of the sedo landers I tested.
thanks you, just tested and it seems there is no redirect with ublock.

•••
URL in folder section ?
Just the sale method. Should be URL. Like this (domain and exact URL are edited out, was normal afternic ns5/ns6 destination page). Most likely your setup is already the following, as your domain was forwarded under ublock -

bodis.jpg

Also, 2 tier ads should be globally enabled just in case /no ads involved as they are (u)blocked, but this appears to be necessary/.

With the above config, without adblock there should be parked page with forsale text link (top part), and, in case of ublock origin, the visitor would be forwarded to the URL.

Last edited:
•••
edit: it works but, the redirect needs a few seconds delay
Yeah, the only issue :(. But it is the best config available via bodis at this time.... In particular, one should avoid their contact form (no forwarding with ublock).

Last edited:
•••
As neutral as possible, just to make them click. "Click here to buy somedomain.com for your website name". Old uniregistry used this text, they likely tested a lot...
thanks

•••
any idea how many visitors roughly use advlockers and are affected by this? half?

also are u aware that if we enable globally tier2 then bodis randomly based on location and various algorithms will show tier2 ads for many tier1 domains... this was easily seen in my stats which is why I disabled tier2. we all know tier2 ads are as good as advlocker as far as sale potential
Afaik adblocking popularity varies by country by some reason. Some countries (Greece) do have up to 70%, but average is 40%-50% I think...

As for tier2 ads, G requires exclusivity (sort of), so, at according to my tests, 2tier appears if and only if G does not offer any ads for this domain/visitor combination:
- faillisted domain
- unsupported country for adsense (Cuba, Iran, a few others)
- unsupported country for adult domain (Russia, Peru, Gulf countries...)
- God knows what else

In other threads, at least 2 different members reported that enabling 2tier was necessary for bodis to start forwarding visitors with ublock origin to forsale URL.

•••
An advice about brandables and other domains which are not descriptive.
Do not park them, they will not bring anything, straight sale lander must be applied to them or better use marketplaces for brandables.
If user does not know of your new created brand they will never type it in, maybe by some rare coincidence.
In short it is not worth to park such names.

come on man most brandables that sell its cause that's the name buyer wants and comes up with himself. so of course they will type it in. what did u think that u will sell toyo because u had brilliant idea to come up with name and someone else liked it? no. u will sell toyo or others cause they all came up with name also and liked it before they even found out is taken by u

•••
It seems there is no redirect with "adblock plus" ?

•••
•••
•••
look to my above dashboard : https://prnt.sc/mLgHR5mpLe-F
that's stats with parking's domains only...
if i add my sales domains, i would make much more but dont know if i could lose sales for the moment...
post top 3 domains that generate that traffic, screenshots mean nothing.

•••
•••
Hi

perhaps the real question should be:
how many internet users have some type of adblocker?

and out of those,
which adblockers is used the most
and out of those,
which is most effective in blocking parking page ads?
and out of the most effective, how many users have it?

and out of all those people, how many still type domain names in their browser?

just asking....

imo....
https://backlinko.com/ad-blockers-users

"Today, 42.7% of internet users worldwide report using an ad blocker. And the technology has expanded beyond the desktop. Ad-blocking software for mobile devices and tablets is now widely available."

A white page as a lander for millions of potential buyers is silly. And people might not type in domains in their browser when they are looking for something, however, they will type a name in if they are looking for a domain.

•••
It's not so easy to calculate the best ROI with and without parking.

Domains sales dont comes from landers only, afternic+sedo is a large part of sales venue.
I also dont know for the moment if the part of afternic+sedo will be higher if the landing is bodis instead of dan. In that case tha will mean I dont lose the sale as my customer found another way to buy.

We all know that there is a % of chance per domain os selling it at a certain price. Not sure parking bring less money than selling... 1 missed sale will not destroy parking revenues...

10% of chance of selling a domain at $500 in a year with landers+other venue, if landers is 50% of chance of selling domains, that mean 5%of chance of selling a domain at $500 in a year, that mean it's better to put a domain in parking if it brings $25 per year.

Parking could also be a long time investment, as year after year benefits will continue to grow for choosen domain. I mean, i could prefer renewing domains which are making money with parking instead of not renewing them if they are unsold.
I am still waiting for the 3 top domains you have that generate that traffic income.

Any domainer that has landers that shows blank pages for millions of potential buyers, will see a serious decrease in sales. The parking revenue for most domainers will not offset the serious potential financial loss caused by bank landers.

•••
I am still waiting for the 3 top domains you have that generate that traffic income.

Any domainer that has landers that shows blank pages for millions of potential buyers, will see a serious decrease in sales. The parking revenue for most domainers will not offset the serious potential financial loss caused by bank landers.
You can wait a lot...

Serious decrease, let's see, I expedit the split test by puting price request instead of BIN, I should have enough data in one or two days...
2 cases :
1) bad result for bodis landers (more than 10% requests missed) , i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking.
2) not too bad results (less than 10% requests missed), I keep all my domains with bodis landers for a few months, then domains with near to no parking revenues during this period go back to dan landers.

•••
You can wait a lot...

Serious decrease, let's see, I expedit the split test by puting price request instead of BIN, I should have enough data in one or two days...
2 cases :
1) bad result for bodis landers (more than 10% requests missed) , i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking.
2) not too bad results (less than 10% requests missed), I keep all my domains with bodis landers for a few months, then domains with near to no parking revenues during this period go back to dan landers.
I know I can wait, that is why I asked you to post the names, I called your bluff and your shilling. Sorry, tells your masters to fix the ublock issue instead of desperate shilling.

•••
I know I can wait, that is why I asked you to post the names, I called your bluff and your shilling. Sorry, tells your masters to fix the ublock issue instead of desperate shilling.
My master is my wife only :)
the problem is not ublock but adblock plus if you look to the adblocker marketshare... the delay before the redirection is also a problem. The text with the sale caption is also too small on bodis landers in my opinion, @TroyBodis told me, this last thing should be adjusted shortly.

•••
•••
Most domainers do not make much with ppc to justify showing blank landers. PERIOD. Many threads on here people discussing what they earn from parking, you rarely see any numbers that justify blank landers.
Hi

IF and that's a BIG IF....ppc platforms are only showing blank landers....
then why are they still in business?

sedo, bodis, afternic, parkingcrew, uni, smartname, parklogic, above, etc and even some new services coming onboard, and all are showing blank pages?

there is a lot of dough-ski on both sides of this, from a ppc standpoint and for adblock products
and...if there are no ads to block, then what good are adblocking products?

there is a bigger picture here too
how are advertisers going to display ads of their products and what effect will google play in this, when they are the major feed for these platforms?

i think both will find a way to exist.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
bad result for bodis lander, first 10 price requests were for dan landers, none from bodis lander
So i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking), maybe 1% of my portfolio.
Did you try the Bodis landers with Escrow as a choice? If not, do you think that this might make a difference? Maybe businesses and professionals may more readily recognize Escrow.com as a name, rather than Dan?

•••
Now that dan is with godaddy and it says on all pages, that issue is not relevant anymore.
I'm finally doing outbounding now, and for some professionals not in the computer or domaining field, Escrow may have more weight.
Note that I did test the Bodis landers, and was reassured by the fact that Ublock did not block the redirects to Dan sales, just to the ads. Has anyone tested to see if the adblockers allow the forwarding from Bodis to Escrow? Maybe BIN landers using them would be more effective?

•••
No, escrow is a bulshitting non US buyer/seller

I now only use bodis on best parking domains only.
What do you mean? I thought they are based in the U.S., but I absolutely respect your insights and realize you may know much more. Could you please elaborate, as I don't want to go down the wrong path. If you've had bad experiences with them, your opinion matters here.
Alternatively, feel free to PM me if you'd rather not state the concerns publicly.

Last edited:
•••
I'm finally doing outbounding now, and for some professionals not in the computer or domaining field, Escrow may have more weight.
Note that I did test the Bodis landers, and was reassured by the fact that Ublock did not block the redirects to Dan sales, just to the ads. Has anyone tested to see if the adblockers allow the forwarding from Bodis to Escrow? Maybe BIN landers using them would be more effective?
Please post the domain that you have at bodis that redirects to dan if you use ublock. I asked many people, nobody has shared such a domain, when pressed, they all admitted they were full of shit.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back