Dynadot

Bodis landers VS BIN landers

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

Is there anyone who made a test using bodis as a lander ?

I now use dan landers and also list my domains on sedo and afternic.
I tested bodis during few hours and see that I have significant revenues using them, so i'm thinking of using them for my landers yearly instead of dan.

Is there somebody who tested them for selling domains, there is only a link at the top of the page, it's ads focused and not sale, but maybe the difference between them and dan landers for making domains sales is not so high.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
An advice about brandables and other domains which are not descriptive.
Do not park them, they will not bring anything, straight sale lander must be applied to them or better use marketplaces for brandables.
If user does not know of your new created brand they will never type it in, maybe by some rare coincidence.
In short it is not worth to park such names.

come on man most brandables that sell its cause that's the name buyer wants and comes up with himself. so of course they will type it in. what did u think that u will sell toyo because u had brilliant idea to come up with name and someone else liked it? no. u will sell toyo or others cause they all came up with name also and liked it before they even found out is taken by u

•••
It seems there is no redirect with "adblock plus" ?

•••
For the moment I have 2 sales through bodis landers and 0 through dan landers 😂
Guys, ignore this person. There is no case even without the adblock issue, that a parking lander will do better than a sales page lander. Review the post history, he came to shill for bodis and shilling he did. Tell your masters to fix the adblock issue because it wont be long before most people with good domains stop using them.

•••
Guys, ignore this person. There is no case even without the adblock issue, that a parking lander will do better than a sales page lander. Review the post history, he came to shill for bodis and shilling he did. Tell your masters to fix the adblock issue because it wont be long before most people with good domains stop using them.
my master lol !

The problem in this industry, is noone test things hisself and near to everybody think they know results without testing or by following others...

I dont tell bodis is performing better than dan, i need more time to know it.
A few weeks would be enough for as i sell a lot but it could cost me a lot if i lose a lot of sales.

I see that bodis could bring me around 100K per year if I use their landing instead of dan's, but I dont know how much I'll lose. I lso record at the same time sales made by afternic, to see if the part of the split test with bodis landers makes more than 50% of my afternic's sales, if it's the case i could consider the same buyers came on the lander, cannot buy and found another way to buy the domain.

Last edited:
•••
my master lol !

The problem in this industry, is noone test things hisself and near to everybody think they know results without testing or by following others...

I dont tell bodis is performing better than dan, i need more time to know it.
A few weeks would be enough for as i sell a lot but it could cost me a lot if i lose a lot of sales.

I see that bodis could bring me around 100K per year if I use their landing instead of dan's, but I dont know how much I'll lose. I lso record at the same time sales made by afternic, to see if the part of the split test with bodis landers makes more than 50% of my afternic's sales, if it's the case i could consider the same buyers came on the lander, cannot buy and found another way to buy the domain.
you could earn 100k a year from parking? sure, don't let me interrupt your delusions, I am starting to enjoy your fairy tales.

•••
•••
you could earn 100k a year from parking? sure, don't let me interrupt your delusions, I am starting to enjoy your fairy tales.
look to my above dashboard : https://prnt.sc/mLgHR5mpLe-F
that's stats with parking's domains only...
if i add my sales domains, i would make much more but dont know if i could lose sales for the moment...

•••
•••
look to my above dashboard : https://prnt.sc/mLgHR5mpLe-F
that's stats with parking's domains only...
if i add my sales domains, i would make much more but dont know if i could lose sales for the moment...
post top 3 domains that generate that traffic, screenshots mean nothing.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
firefox windows, and it seems it's the more common adblocker
OK, just found windows workstation with firefox. Adblock Plus - with default installation - shows ads on parked domains. No issues. However, after I excluded "acceptable ads" and enabled extra protection in settings - bodis did not forward me :(

How many endusers change default setup of adblock plus? We do not know.

Can bodis do anything? We do not know. It is not a rocket science to detect a parked domain, so it may well be that there is nothing we can do in this case.

As an enduser, I prefer not to see any ads - which is why I'm using advanced solution - ublock origin with custom rules for missed ads.

As a domainer, I want sales :) So, as as matter of fact, my parking is limited to those domains which earn at least something above pocket money, or those domains which are not for sale either temporary or permanently...

Last edited:
•••
OK, just found windows workstation with firefox. Adblock Plus - with default installation - shows ads on parked domains. No issues. However, after I excluded "acceptable ads" and enabled extra protection in settings - bodis did not forward me :(

Can bodis do anything? We do not know. It is not a rocket science to detect a parked domain, so it may well be that there is nothing we can do in this case.

As an enduser, I prefer not to see any ads - which is why I'm using advanced solution - ublock origin with custom rules for missed ads.

As a domainer, I want sales :) So, as as matter of fact, my parking is limited to those domains which earn at least something above pocket money, or those domains which are not for sale either temporary or permanently...
I have default config and it's the same, no ads, no redirect, only blank screen...

•••

How may endusers change default setup of adblock plus? We do not know.

Can bodis do anything? We do not know. It is not a rocket science to detect a parked domain, so it may well be that there is nothing we can do to in this case.

Anyone that thinks that a parked page that shows millions of users a blank white page is better than a lander that loads with information about buying the domain, is a shill for the parking company.

Obviously if your parking makes you a lot of money, you have different decisions to make. However, parking revenue for most domainers is nothing much.

In my opinion Bodis can fix this, they could design the area that shows the link for buying the domain in a way that will not cause ublock to block that area.

Bodis is one of the last few reliable parking companies left, their attitude on this matter is not good.

•••
Hi

perhaps the real question should be:
how many internet users have some type of adblocker?

and out of those,
which adblockers is used the most
and out of those,
which is most effective in blocking parking page ads?
and out of the most effective, how many users have it?

and out of all those people, how many still type domain names in their browser?

just asking....

imo....

•••
Hi

perhaps the real question should be:
how many internet users have some type of adblocker?

and out of those,
which adblockers is used the most
and out of those,
which is most effective in blocking parking page ads?
and out of the most effective, how many users have it?

and out of all those people, how many still type domain names in their browser?

just asking....

imo....
https://backlinko.com/ad-blockers-users

"Today, 42.7% of internet users worldwide report using an ad blocker. And the technology has expanded beyond the desktop. Ad-blocking software for mobile devices and tablets is now widely available."

A white page as a lander for millions of potential buyers is silly. And people might not type in domains in their browser when they are looking for something, however, they will type a name in if they are looking for a domain.

•••
Today, 42.7% of internet users worldwide report using an ad blocker
Hi

then that means 57.3% don't use ad blocker.

and again, out of how many of that 42% that do have it, how many use the most effective blocker which prevents ads from showing on parked pages?

or how many of them have ublock and how many have some other product that's less effective?

but if we back up just a foot or so...
then exactly how many internet users are we talking about?

because 57.3% of the population on earth that surf the internet and don't have ad blocking, is a lot of traffic.

imo....

•••
I am surprised people still use Bodis.

•••
Hi

then that means 57.3% don't use ad blocker.

and again, out of how many of that 42% that do have it, how many use the most effective blocker which prevents ads from showing on parked pages?

or how many of them have ublock and how many have some other product that's less effective?

but if we back up just a foot or so...
then exactly how many internet users are we talking about?

because 57.3% of the population on earth that surf the internet and don't have ad blocking, is a lot of traffic.

imo....
40% of US users use adblockers, that's about 130,000,000 people. ublock is the second most popular adblocker and probably will overtake adblock soon. Regardless, domainers have no business sending millions of potential buyers to a blank white page. One lost sale in most cases will wipe out all that parking revenue for a year.

Bottom line, people should immediately without delay send users to a page that loads for maximum number of people.

•••
Can we only use contact form at Bodis (no ads)? Tired dof Epik hiding (/stealing) contact info.
And Bodis always ignores any message, not sure why.

Last edited:
•••
It's not so easy to calculate the best ROI with and without parking.

Domains sales dont comes from landers only, afternic+sedo is a large part of sales venue.
I also dont know for the moment if the part of afternic+sedo will be higher if the landing is bodis instead of dan. In that case tha will mean I dont lose the sale as my customer found another way to buy.

We all know that there is a % of chance per domain os selling it at a certain price. Not sure parking bring less money than selling... 1 missed sale will not destroy parking revenues...

10% of chance of selling a domain at $500 in a year with landers+other venue, if landers is 50% of chance of selling domains, that mean 5%of chance of selling a domain at $500 in a year, that mean it's better to put a domain in parking if it brings $25 per year.

Parking could also be a long time investment, as year after year benefits will continue to grow for choosen domain. I mean, i could prefer renewing domains which are making money with parking instead of not renewing them if they are unsold.

•••
It's not so easy to calculate the best ROI with and without parking.

Domains sales dont comes from landers only, afternic+sedo is a large part of sales venue.
I also dont know for the moment if the part of afternic+sedo will be higher if the landing is bodis instead of dan. In that case tha will mean I dont lose the sale as my customer found another way to buy.

We all know that there is a % of chance per domain os selling it at a certain price. Not sure parking bring less money than selling... 1 missed sale will not destroy parking revenues...

10% of chance of selling a domain at $500 in a year with landers+other venue, if landers is 50% of chance of selling domains, that mean 5%of chance of selling a domain at $500 in a year, that mean it's better to put a domain in parking if it brings $25 per year.

Parking could also be a long time investment, as year after year benefits will continue to grow for choosen domain. I mean, i could prefer renewing domains which are making money with parking instead of not renewing them if they are unsold.
I am still waiting for the 3 top domains you have that generate that traffic income.

Any domainer that has landers that shows blank pages for millions of potential buyers, will see a serious decrease in sales. The parking revenue for most domainers will not offset the serious potential financial loss caused by bank landers.

•••
I am still waiting for the 3 top domains you have that generate that traffic income.

Any domainer that has landers that shows blank pages for millions of potential buyers, will see a serious decrease in sales. The parking revenue for most domainers will not offset the serious potential financial loss caused by bank landers.
You can wait a lot...

Serious decrease, let's see, I expedit the split test by puting price request instead of BIN, I should have enough data in one or two days...
2 cases :
1) bad result for bodis landers (more than 10% requests missed) , i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking.
2) not too bad results (less than 10% requests missed), I keep all my domains with bodis landers for a few months, then domains with near to no parking revenues during this period go back to dan landers.

•••
You can wait a lot...

Serious decrease, let's see, I expedit the split test by puting price request instead of BIN, I should have enough data in one or two days...
2 cases :
1) bad result for bodis landers (more than 10% requests missed) , i keep a small percent of my domains with bodis landers (domains that bring me the more money with parking.
2) not too bad results (less than 10% requests missed), I keep all my domains with bodis landers for a few months, then domains with near to no parking revenues during this period go back to dan landers.
I know I can wait, that is why I asked you to post the names, I called your bluff and your shilling. Sorry, tells your masters to fix the ublock issue instead of desperate shilling.

•••
I know I can wait, that is why I asked you to post the names, I called your bluff and your shilling. Sorry, tells your masters to fix the ublock issue instead of desperate shilling.
My master is my wife only :)
the problem is not ublock but adblock plus if you look to the adblocker marketshare... the delay before the redirection is also a problem. The text with the sale caption is also too small on bodis landers in my opinion, @TroyBodis told me, this last thing should be adjusted shortly.

•••
Back