NameSilo

Bodis Contact Info

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RVLmedia

Impact
Does anyone have a contact phone number for Bodis?

I can't find one online, and have been trying to get an answer from them for 9 days about a refund.

We wired them $7k for a domain purchase. Several days later I got an email from Jackie Parkinson over there saying that the seller was fraudulent, and they'd refunded the money.

No sign of it 4 days later. It may be that they did, but I replied several times asking for proof of settlement as our bank claims they didn't get it. Could be a mistake on the bank's side, but without the proof, I can't do anything.

Before anyone yells about how great Bodis are, and that I'm making accusations, I'm not, and I know they have a good rep. I read a lot of forum posts about them before making a payment that size. So all I'm after is a way of getting hold of them, as their support team haven't replied to me in days...

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
877 BODIS-44

What was the domain

•••
Thanks, but have been struggling to get through to that US toll from the UK. Will try voip.

It was singles.com

Of course it was too good to be true, but we've seen stranger things, and like I said we had heard nothing but good things about Bodis prior to this.

•••
It was singles.com

Of course it was too good to be true, but we've seen stranger things, and like I said we had heard nothing but good things about Bodis prior to this.

Bodis pretty much lets anyone list whatever the heck they want.

You should buy heat.com for $350, that's a bargain!

I hope you get your money back (I'm sure you will) - for future reference (I'm sure you've figured this out now) with large payment you should really consider an escrow company that is licensed and bonded and reputable that doesn't hold you to the laws of Shenzen, China. If they don't refund you (which I'm sure they will), you're going to have fun finding a lawyer who understands the laws of Shenzen, China.

Send a PM to Matt_bodis here. He should respond pretty quickly, I'd think. I am sure that they will make good in the end. I wouldn't be happy with the wait either but I don't think you should panic yet :)

•••
Agreed on all the above.

•••
Thanks, but have been struggling to get through to that US toll from the UK. Will try voip.

It was singles.com

I hope you get your money back (I'm sure you will) - for future reference (I'm sure you've figured this out now) with large payment you should really consider an escrow company that is licensed and bonded and reputable that doesn't hold you to the laws of Shenzen, China. If they don't refund you (which I'm sure they will), you're going to have fun finding a lawyer who understands the laws of Shenzen, China.

Send a PM to Matt_bodis here. He should respond pretty quickly, I'd think. I am sure that they will make good in the end. I wouldn't be happy with the wait either but I don't think you should panic yet :)

Let me enlighten you, China cares very much about fraud and their image, if he reports this properly they will arrest everyone there involved in this transaction and possibly shut them down. China doesn't play games the problem is most people do not understand how to report fraud properly there.

•••
-------------

Last edited:
•••

It was singles.com

Singles.com is a developed site. Ouch....

Yeah Bodis has to surely answer for this one.....

But, it works both ways though.... If you are buying names at 7k you should be doing your due-diligence.... For one, no way in hell you getting Singles.com for less than a ticket...

For two, you should have seen it was a developed site....

For three, come on now Singles.com? I hope you get your money back and all, but common sense is a necessity, especially when conducting business.....

Last edited:
•••
Agreed on all the above. No defence for the naivety. The person our side who authorised this wire is extremely uncomfortable right now, put it like that. Anyway, Bodis have finally gotten back and hopefully it'll resolve smoothly.

•••
For three, come on now Singles.com?

It's the bodis free appraisal service. The owner now knows that singles.com is worth at least $7K :)

How long before we get the .. "I have singles.xyz"... post here?

•••
Singles.com is a developed site. Ouch....

Yeah Bodis has to surely answer for this one.....

But, it works both ways though.... If you are buying names at 7k you should be doing your due-diligence.... For one, no way in hell you getting Singles.com for less than a ticket...

For two, you should have seen it was a developed site....

For three, come on now Singles.com? I hope you get your money back and all, but common sense is a necessity, especially when conducting business.....
It's the bodis free appraisal service. The owner now knows that singles.com is worth at least $7K :)

How long before we get the .. "I have singles.xyz"... post here?

hahaha or maybe 1singles123.com

•••
Does anyone have a contact phone number for Bodis?

I can't find one online, and have been trying to get an answer from them for 9 days about a refund.

We wired them $7k for a domain purchase. Several days later I got an email from Jackie Parkinson over there saying that the seller was fraudulent, and they'd refunded the money.

No sign of it 4 days later. It may be that they did, but I replied several times asking for proof of settlement as our bank claims they didn't get it. Could be a mistake on the bank's side, but without the proof, I can't do anything.

Before anyone yells about how great Bodis are, and that I'm making accusations, I'm not, and I know they have a good rep. I read a lot of forum posts about them before making a payment that size. So all I'm after is a way of getting hold of them, as their support team haven't replied to me in days...

Thanks

On behalf of the entire team here at Bodis, I apologize for the experience you have recently had with Bodis. We are working very hard to address all of the issues that users have had with us in the past, including our terribly long response times from time to time. Rest assured that we will take adequate measures to prevent things like these to happen again. Our support channel will be greatly improved starting August 1, 2014 due to an array of internal changes we are currently in the process of implementing.

Amongst other things, we have a strict schedule with some upcoming changes to our marketplace, which will expedite and secure market transactions. Please stay tuned.

As you should have already been made aware, we will refund the entire amount. If you have any questions, please send me a private message.

Moreover, I would like to take this opportunity to mention that Bodis, LLC is a New York limited liability company, and as such we adhere to the federal and state laws in the U.S. and New York, respectively. We used to have our main office in Shenzen, China, but decided to move away due to some issues we have had in the past.

•••
\

Moreover, I would like to take this opportunity to mention that Bodis, LLC is a New York limited liability company, and as such we adhere to the federal and state laws in the U.S. and New York, respectively. We used to have our main office in Shenzen, China, but decided to move away due to some issues we have had in the past.

From your Terms:
Last updated: June 30, 2014 (4.2.3)
This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of Shenzhen, China.

Perhaps get that updated?

•••
From your Terms:
Last updated: June 30, 2014 (4.2.3)
This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the laws of Shenzhen, China.

Perhaps get that updated?

Thank you for pointing that out to us.

•••
Just to round this one off, Matt dealt with it personally and made the refund plus covered all transaction fees, which was a nice touch.

Possibly the domain shouldn't have been left listed, but the individual on our side shouldn't have been silly enough to try and buy it, so can't complain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back