Dynadot

discuss Blockchain and Domain Sales?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I do not know too much about the whole Blockchain technology thing but from what I do know, it would seem to me that it would be a great technology to build upon to create an open and transparent, decentralized domain name trading platform.

Can anyone with more knowledge about Blockchain add to this or feel free to squash it if its out of the question or the wrong implementation of that technology.

Just trying to get a discussion going... see where it goes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not too familiar with all the blockchain stuff either, but one interesting thing would be if there was a currency/coin for domainers.. DMNR or something, lol.

I'm all about an open and transparent domain trading platform, the biggest problem is that there are just too many scammers out these days. There are so many domains in the world that are worth more than many houses here in the States cost. People use Escrow to buy and sell houses and there's a reason for that which is why it's been the "standard" method for decades now. With such high value I see the same being done for most quality domains. Escrow will always be the preferred method because it's virtually impossible for either side to get ripped off.

•••
From what (little) I have read, a blockchain system that was based on the Ethereum blockchain would be best because of something called "smart contracts".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back