IT.COM

poll Are you investing in Blockchain domains?

NameSilo
Watch

Are you investing in Blockchain domains?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes I am

votes
    23.1%
  • No but I plan to invest

votes
    23.1%
  • No and I don't plan to invest

votes
    53.8%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Blockchain domain names seem to be growing in popularity. I was exploring more about such domain names and came across a couple of articles and videos that said that such domain names are not only gaining in popularity but also, could be the future.

Here are some of the advantages that I saw when looking at those videos:

1) Blockchain domain names are owned by you vs current domain names which are rented from ICANN for a certain time period
2) Blockchain domain names do not have a renewal fee. Only a one-time registration fee
3) The names can't be taken down (people are calling it the place for free speech).

What are your thoughts on Blockchain domain names? Could they be the future?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Blockchain domain names seem to be growing in popularity. I was exploring more about such domain names and came across a couple of articles and videos that said that such domain names are not only gaining in popularity but also, could be the future.

Here are some of the advantages that I saw when looking at those videos:

1) Blockchain domain names are owned by you vs current domain names which are rented from ICANN for a certain time period
2) Blockchain domain names do not have a renewal fee. Only a one-time registration fee
3) The names can't be taken down (people are calling it the place for free speech).

What are your thoughts on Blockchain domain names? Could they be the future?

.eth domains are not owned by you and need to be renewed.

They do very well in the Crypto world not as real websites but more as a private handle for wallet address etc.
And flexing.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think what makes decentralised things attractive (domains, crypto etc) is also what makes them unattractive.

No regulation means lawlessness and chaos. People can't be trusted. The only way it'll become attractive to the mainstream is if its regulated and that already exists. I see it ending up like dark Web 2.0

All the opinion of someone who knows nothing about it so take that as you will.

•••
If crypto domains never expired and no need renewal fee, what about their web hosting?
are the hostings also crypto based or no renew fee needed?

•••
75203556-F951-4036-ACDF-C37C8E0C7D32.jpeg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back