24:20:00:23 

Block-Chain.Com Has Been Acquired for $1,000,000

Labeled as sales in Domain Industry News, started by xseoco, May 22, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. PHILIPPE RAVEL

PHILIPPE RAVEL Established Member

youBlockchains.com

I guess my domain is Worth at least $1,000 !!!!!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

It turns out that just prior to this announcement I had done a little Namebio analysis of the blockchain sales so far this year (posted it on my Twitter earlier). (Did not search for block-chains.)
    "Used the Namebio database to find that domains including the word "blockchain" have sold 143 times so far in 2018, with average sales price of $1700. Highest price was blockchain(.)ventures at $42,000 #blockchain https://namebio.com/?s==gTMzADO0cTM"

3. Mary Muse

Mary Muse Premium Digital Assets

Unless blockchain(.com) has a past sales history, this name wasn't "oversold", nor were the countless other ridiculously awesome sales in this specific niche.

No one's saying it's not second best to the unhyphenated version -- if anything, this speaks volumes about the true value of the 'pure' version.

I hope to see many more similar sales, hyphenated or not!

We all have a lot to learn, valuation wise, and I think it's funny when people act so pissy. The domain market as a whole only benefits from these sales.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  4. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

a dashed version of any domain out there is never 2nd best option.

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

Originally the word Block Chain was written as two separate words in the literature, I am told. It was only a bit later that the single word blockchain became the norm. I just did a Google search (from Canada) on "block-chain" and got 360,000 results. When I search "blockchain" it's just over 31 million. Therefore clearly there will be a hill to climb for the new owners.

It says a group of investors - does anyone know if some are from Germany and other European countries that are keen on hyphens in names?

6. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

this is great sale for seller.. especially if he did indeed pay 30k for it. wow.

as for buyer, well, its his money and he puts value on what he wants.. its no point looking at it from domainers perspective where any one of us might think they could have instead bought a huge quantity of quality crypto domains for 1 million$... instead of one dashed domain.

there is a lot of potential for crypto domains for sure.

but one in million sales like this one give people the wrong impression that dashed domains have great potential. when truth is, by having zero dahsed domains in your portofolio you will most likely save more money longterm (renewals etc) than you will make by owning some dashed domains and hoping to sell them one day.

cheers

7. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The author is "guest author" and it's sponsored on NewsBTC.com, nothing wrong with sponsored but that usually has an agenda someone wants to convey/

It might be to get things going with Block-Chain Token

From the article:

A principal feature of the project is that when performing various activities—commenting and developing new content or simply visiting the site—every customer earns inner Block-Chain.com tokens, or BC for short.

The project is not planning initial coin offering (ICO). The project’s inner token was created to be spent on the Block-chain.com platform for placing ads or using premium services. In addition, BC tokens will be available for purchase and sale on exchanges like EtherDelta.

The total supply of BC tokens is 247,000,000 BC. 200,000,000 of that will be paid to users for activity on the platform, 30,000,000 is reserved for the project team, and 17,000,000 is reserved for certain major and well-known advisors who supported the project.

In general, the founders and investors are planning to invest more than $7 million of their own funds in the project to secure the number one ranking in attendance among blockchain and cryptocurrency projects within a year.

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/05/22/cryptocurrency-domain-name-block-chain-com-acquired-1000000/

8. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I also wonder why anyone would pay that kind of money when almost everyone spells it "blockchain", and blockchain.com is an established site.

I would be fantastic if it were legit, I just don't hope people will register tons of hyphenated domains now. Because apart from maybe the .de market, I think they are still really difficult to profit from.

9. Mary Muse

Mary Muse Premium Digital Assets

Especially with the link between alternative extensions and the crypto industry..

10. Jasonn

Jasonn Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

this was originally a 70 dollar backorder in 2014. the 30k sale may be legit but i do not believe this 1 million sale. something more concrete needs to be shown to prove it.

11. Haykay2005

Haykay2005 Top Contributor VIP

Crypto/blockchain craze is the reason behind the sale. Not hyphen related reasons

12. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

13. Dave

Dave Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Bear in mind, the original 2014 registrant sold this in January this year for $30,000. The seller has made around $970,000 profit (minus fees).

I don't understand this purchase though. They surely could've purchased TheBlockchain.com for less than that and imo that is a far better domain name.

So much money yet little sense. Blockchain.com is such a well established site now that they will leak countless traffic to it.

The only winner here is the seller. Congrats to them.

14. Josh R

Josh R Josh.co PRO VIP ICA Member

If people don’t like what I have to say, then listen to @Dave lol - Spot on mate.

15. McDuke

McDuke Top Contributor VIP

Block-Chain

I think they could apply for word mark with the hyphen and use the dash as a chain in the logo.

I'm sure there will be many opposing the TM application but they could try.

16. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. VIP Gold Account

Someone even registered indeed bloc-kchain.com
    Yesss reallyyy

17. Sanielmity

Sanielmity Established Member

whoops

18. Michael Ehrhardt

Michael Ehrhardt Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

Hyphaneted domains will profit from this as well😂and this is good for the industry
    Our industry

19. Michael Ehrhardt

B-Lockchain.com 🤣

20. Michael Ehrhardt

Even the King has both version

Domainking.com
    Domain-King.com

Smart

21. Marshall

Marshall Restricted (Market)

Maybe Blockchain.com acquired it.

22. Keukatodd

Keukatodd Established Member

This is amazing! I feel super confident now with one of my domains that starts with Crypto-followed my the exact name that just sold!!(y):xf.smile:

23. CryptoInvestor

CryptoInvestor Experienced Investor VIP

Care to share it
    ?

24. SirDrago

SirDrago NAME JEDI VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

25. Keukatodd

Keukatodd Established Member

It's what I described above but here it is..... Crypto-Block-Chain.Com

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice