Dynadot

.de Blackjack-vegas.de sold for $53,218. Why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I have noticed that the domain name blackjack-vegas.de Sold for $53,218 at Sedo before one week.
Do you think it is worth it? Any comments?
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Those darn Germans seem to love deviating from our perceived "norm" with their love for dashes/hyphens. As a matter of fact, blackjackvegas.de is also available for sale for 50K Euros, (which is almost same price) and here we see that they went for the one with the hyphen. which tells us that hyphens rule in Germany. Does anyone know of any other country where hyphens are preferred over the non-hyphenated ones?

I have to say that they bought blackjack-vegas.de even without registration blackjackvegas.de After information about sale I registered:

blackjackvegas.de
vegasblackjack.de
vegas-blackjack.de

For me the sale was because of gambling traffic but... I can not imagine how they could not register without dash...

•••
I have to say that they bought blackjack-vegas.de even without registration blackjackvegas.de After information about sale I registered:

blackjackvegas.de
vegasblackjack.de
vegas-blackjack.de

For me the sale was because of gambling traffic but... I can not imagine how they could not register without dash...

So you registered the domain without hyphen after the news about the sale?
This makes it even weirder that they bought tjhe hyphenated one, while the non-hyphened was still available for registration. Anyway, good gamble on your part, I hope it pays off.
Good luck

•••
So you registered the domain without hyphen after the news about the sale?
This makes it even weirder that they bought tjhe hyphenated one, while the non-hyphened was still available for registration. Anyway, good gamble on your part, I hope it pays off.
Good luck

Yes, I did it after :) As I think about the sale this can be a human mistake. They bought 1 domain for traffic and forgot about other...better.

Last edited:
•••
This just reinforces the notion that the domain name carried none to little value to the buyer. It was all about the traffic and possibly a user database.

PS
I agree he was a fool not to reg the non hyphenated version. But we all see the world from our own place.

Last edited:
•••
Well its the same content roughly as in 2016. Maybe new owner scraped it from archive or namebio made a mistake. Regardless there is no question that this name was sold on the basis of its history and traffic.

I agree and I put that in the Sedo weekly report I write on TheDomains.com. this was definitely a website sale but Sedo put it in their RSS sales feed, should be * at a minimum.

•••
Those darn Germans seem to love deviating from our perceived "norm" with their love for dashes/hyphens. As a matter of fact, blackjackvegas.de is also available for sale for 50K Euros, (which is almost same price) and here we see that they went for the one with the hyphen. which tells us that hyphens rule in Germany. Does anyone know of any other country where hyphens are preferred over the non-hyphenated ones?
Almost in all european countries the hyphenated domains rules over non hyphenated.

•••
Almost in all european countries the hyphenated domains rules over non hyphenated.

No no thats wrong. We dont like them, only Germans do.

•••
Europe is a lot more than dk and de :xf.wink:

•••
•••
Europe is a lot more than dk and de :xf.wink:

Yes that is correct. However you are incorrect when stating the rest of Europe likes hyphens. ONLY Germany still uses them on a large scale.

The sale you are referring to, allekabler.dk, is ALSO a website sale. Where the domain name is of less importance for the buyer.

But I can see you are a 2 month domain name veteran. So maybe I should take your course and learn the ropes?

•••
Yes that is correct. However you are incorrect when stating the rest of Europe likes hyphens. ONLY Germany still uses them on a large scale.

The sale you are referring to, allekabler.dk, is ALSO a website sale. Where the domain name is of less importance for the buyer.

But I can see you are a 2 month domain name veteran. So maybe I should take your course and learn the ropes?
First of all I stated "almost all" and second you can look France, Italy and other major EU countries. A lot of hyphens. You can ignore it or check it for yourself. There is no big sales history for hyphenated domains because it's difficult for domain speculators to invest in them - to much risk! Therefor mostly handregistered from the users!
I'm only 2 month registrated on namepros and you are form 2006. Both we have to do our courses and learn because the progress never stops! That's why I like it! :xf.smile:

•••
Yeah the difference between us two is that I have owned and sold hyphenated domains for more than 10 years. I currently hold 20% of the L--L.COM niche. My first 4 figure sale was e-topic.com.

I know what sells.

Further I live and travel extensively in Europe. I see what is used. You dont know what you are talking about and have no respect for knowledge and experience.

PS
How about listening to your byline. Use your brain instead of your virtual mouth. At least until you know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
•••
Well I'm from Europe too and I know what I'm talking about. The difference between you and me is not only the experience in domaining...

•••
You obviously do not know what you are talking about.

No probably not the only difference. You are most likely a student. Maybe doing your bachelors. I finished my graduate degree 8 years ago. You have no respect for knowledge. I know when to shut up and listen. You think you are smart, I know I am. I made 6 figures USD profit domaining last year, you probably dident even make 3. Etc. Etc.

I think the only thing we do share is the tendency to arrogance. Difference is I have the knowledge to back it up.

•••
I know you must have the last word _ peace! (y)

•••
  1. Thanks guys, I just couldn't figure out why an established site with hyphens(german) in the .com only offered 60.00 for the .com without hyphens, and wouldn't pay 300.00 for it. Know I know. Being I regged it years ago for the USA immigration plan, guess I will have to pay reg fees for another year or two.
  2. Joe T

•••
they simply bought a business

•••
Germans don't like hyphens

As much as germans don't like / or dislike . ( dots )

Its just the natural way of spelling
a 2 word combo

thats it

•••
Germans don't like hyphens

As much as germans don't like / or dislike . ( dots )

Its just the natural way of spelling
a 2 word combo

thats it

Yeah but the thing is that its not the natural way of spelling a 2 word combo for the rest of the world. People have learned to seperate words without the hyphen. Its wasted space to the rest of us.

•••
Yeah but the thing is that its not the natural way of spelling a 2 word combo for the rest of the world. People have learned to seperate words without the hyphen. Its wasted space to the rest of us.

that why we use .de ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back