IT.COM

news BlackFriday.com has apparently been acquired by Ziff Davis

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
According to the WHOIS, the BlackFriday.com domain name (previously owned by Kevin Ham's company, Reinvent.com) has been acquired by Ziff Davis:

https://whois.domaintools.com/blackfriday.com

A few months ago it had been reported that GoDaddy's Namefind division had acquired some of Kevin Ham's portfolio:

https://domainnamewire.com/2017/10/25/kevin-ham-sells-domain-names-godaddy/

Isn't Ziff Davis a Pharm Co. ??
I hope BlackFriday.com isn't for all the drug side effects news...
(just teasin)

•••
Isn't Ziff Davis a Pharm Co. ??
I hope BlackFriday.com isn't for all the drug side effects news...
(just teasin)

Ziff Davis, a subsidiary of j2 Global, Inc., is a leading global digital-media company operating in three core verticals: Technology, Gaming, and Shopping. Its brands – PCMag, Mashable, Speedtest, ExtremeTech, Geek, Toolbox, IGN, AskMen, Offers.com, TechBargains, emedia and Salesify – produce and distribute premium content across multiple platforms and devices. Ziff Davis delivers advertising, performance marketing, data services and licensing solutions to thousands of clients worldwide. Ziff Davis publishes in 25 languages and successfully partners with local publishing operators across 114 countries.

•••
They have been around forever and publishing PC Mag, etc. a household name computer industry publisher. I inquired to place an ad in 90’ and at that time full page ad’s on issue were $12,000. It used to be *the* source, better articles. Dell always had their several pages, Norton, Borland, MS, etc. and John Dvorak used to write, etc. haven’t looked at one in years just online. Never liked Byte magazine then. Ok, now I’ll brush off the cobwebs.

•••
Seems a weird fit for "Black Friday" without knowing the "bigger picture".

Okay, core vertical "shopping", then not so weird. Offers.com, et al.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Great domain.

I had an idea for a shopping portal with BlackFriday deals every day. Like a competitive first come first serve game/rush for members. We will see how creative they get with this one.

•••
•••
Let's see what they make of it.

•••
Apparently, .blackfriday was aimed at various retail stores to share their BF specials. It doesn't seem that it took off. Only 1600 domains, with 1100 of them parked and another 300 dropping soon.

•••
Back