Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Hello Mods,

i'd like to blacklist or ban some haters - users there. Does namepros.com have ban option like on Twitter those people should not see my posts and messages on the forum.

Thank you.

Black list:

IMG_20210630_233226.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this is one user with different accounts.
I think kalr and twiki same user.

Crysis have only 4 deal for 10 years according tradereview I think he is Russian he keeps hate and disliking my posts for no reason. .

pinkdragon is a Ukrainian..

I want to block those haters.

how to do that?

Thank you.

•••
People can respond if they want. They can click dislike if they want.
That is how forums work.

Quality forums are not just groups of like-minded people. That is just an echo chamber.

Click on their profile, click ignore.

Brad

•••
Crysis have only 4 deal for 10 years according tradereview I think he is Russian he keeps hate and disliking my posts for no reason. .

pinkdragon is a Ukrainian..

So what? What would their location/nationality have to do with anything?

Last edited:
•••
Have you considered the problem lies not with those with whom you are blacklisting?

•••
Don't take it to heart if people "dislike / disagree" with your stuff, its a forum ...its opinion, not personal

Not everyone will agree with me, or like me. If you are reasonable, you will know if you are acting tasteless, or out of line. If your criticism is unjust, even then, don't sweat it - Its a forum

Last edited:
•••
You got all the dislikes because you commented on a sale in report completed domain sales thread - You said it was nice to see a real sale and thus insinuated that many other sales reports were not real - Your comment was later deleted and perhaps your wording was based on a misunderstanding or lack of English language knowledge?

Last edited:
•••
You got all the dislikes because you commented on a sale in report completed domain sales thread - You said it was nice to see a real sale and thus insinuated that many other sales reports were not real - Your comment was later deleted and perhaps your wording was based on a misunderstanding or lack of English language knowledge?
where was said "that many other sales reports were not real"?
my post contained congratulations words to the seller.

Last edited:
•••
why @Future Sensors one of the best people on namepros always helping out ^^

•••
where was said "that many other sales reports were not real"?
my post was a positive with contained congratulations words to the seller.

Do you not understand that when you use the phrase nice to see a real sale it indirectly implies that other sales may not be real?

•••
@noneisnone the good thing that most people here are really great and friendly most of them American, Canadian and Indian, most haters and unfriendly people from Eastern - European region like Romania etc. and I would like to block them and do not to deal with them.

•••
Do you not understand that when you use the phrase nice to see a real sale it indirectly implies that other sales may not be real?
So the post got dislikes from people who reported false sales isn't it?

P. s. I am not interested to discuss this anymore neither to post or read sales reports on the namepros.

•••
•••
most haters and unfriendly people from Eastern - European region like Romania etc. and I would like to block them and do not to deal with them.

Is there a moderator watching this thread? You can't go around slagging off Ukrainians, Russians and Romanians. I have friends in all three countries and they are some of the friendliest and kindest people you could meet. Not getting involved in the thread just please. Now go and drink some Pálinka and relax. Cheers.

•••
No.

We give you a lot of freedom to post controversial content. In return, we expect you to face the consequences administered by your peers. Just as you are largely free to say what you want, others are free to respond as they want. We expect a professional community to be able to tolerate this dynamic and use it responsibly. That feedback loop is crucial for public discourse.

You do not need to listen to the feedback you receive, but you cannot maintain your own ability to communicate openly while simultaneously hindering that of others. We don’t intend to introduce any features that would disrupt this balance.

•••
Thanks Paul and others.

Paul, I share your view that on any professional platform, peer feedback is important and even essential. Professionally, members can disagree about really anything in their professional field and that's actually pretty fine. It keeps everyone on their toes and ensures that members don't get into a filter bubble. It also ensures continuous innovation in our industry and leads to better considerations and decisions by individual domainers and organizations participating on this forum.

What really bothers me is when there are continuous slurs and accusations against members, about the credibility of their reported sales (in multiple threads) and about the credibility of this forum as a whole. Some suspicious posts have already been removed, but not all. Yes of course, peers on this forum will professionally oppose such statements, but at the same time I think NamePros should pay attention to how these kinds of subversive postings affect the (professional) image of this forum as a whole. Only NamePros can do something about that.

•••
What really bothers me is when there are continuous slurs and accusations against members, about the credibility of their reported sales (in multiple threads) and about the credibility of this forum as a whole. Some suspicious posts have already been removed, but not all. Yes of course, peers on this forum will professionally oppose such statements, but at the same time I think NamePros should pay attention to how these kinds of subversive postings affect the (professional) image of this forum as a whole. Only NamePros can do something about that.

It bothers us, too. Our existing community management infrastructure can't really scale to handle such incidents in a timely manner; NamePros has been growing at a steady pace, and we've reached a point at which we need to revise our system of moderation so that our moderators can focus their attention where it's most needed. Historically, providing additional time-saving tools and automation for moderators was sufficient, but there's only so much that we can automate.

Since we'll need feedback from the community and moderators as we go, these revisions won't happen overnight, but the first big update is nearing completion. It'll still be some time before we can deploy it, but we're nearing the finish line.

In the meantime, we're largely relying on reports, which are imperfect: for example, they often lack context, which means moderators have to spend time acquiring that context on their own; that can introduce a significant delay, and the resulting actions may be inconsistent or too lenient. That’s not something we can resolve with more moderators, either, since that would result in a lot of communication overhead.

•••
So, you can post controversial comments but if other members dislike your comments, you get butthurt?

If you can communicate openly and post controversial comments, then other members also have the right to disagree/dislike your comments.

Well, in this thread itself, you posted some borderline racist comments. If you can post such comments, then I surely can dislike such comments as well.

Also, you can go to the profile of the "haters" and then click "Ignore"

Last edited:
•••
@Crysis this thread was created right after you disliked my congratulations post (it was not trolling it was not hate or racist content) on sales thread repots. You and other similar accounts disliked this post for no reason.
That's why this thread was created for asking to hide my content from such people.

Do you know that majority sources even Squadhelp blocking access from Russia (according my experience) and Afternic a Godaddy company ban access from a whole continent? Russia and Ukraine can not access to Afternic website . So you saying that Godaddy racists?

Paul I appreciate your comments if xenforo has no option for blocking bad people that's sadly and I understand that's why people moving to Twitter clubhouse and other social platform.

•••
@Crysis this thread was created right after you disliked my congratulations post (it was not trolling it was not hate or racist content) on sales thread repots. You and other similar accounts disliked this post for no reason.
That's why this thread was created for asking to hide my content from such people.

Do you know that majority sources even Squadhelp blocking access from Russia (according my experience) and Afternic a Godaddy company ban access from a whole continent? Russia and Ukraine can not access to Afternic website . So you saying that Godaddy racists?

Paul I appreciate your comments if xenforo has no option for blocking bad people that's sadly and I understand that's why people moving to Twitter clubhouse and other social platform.

Everyone disked your comment for a valid reason and your comment was also later deleted by the mods.

This is a professional forum. People can disagree/dislike if they want. That is how forums work. As I said before, if you can voice your opinion freely, then you should also be ready to face the consequences.

If you can't take it, then don't dish it out.

Last edited:
•••
And by the way, I am not from Russia, Ukraine, Romania etc. I have many friends in these countries and they are one of the kindest and warmest people you could meet.

Well, If you want to know my nationality, I am from one of the "friendly" nations (Canada, USA, India, etc.) as per your definition

•••
@Crysis
mods deletes every comment on sales thread if it is not contain domain sold info.

Paul admin moderator can restore the original deleted post and post here a screenshot what's was really disliked by those members. It was a good post.

And finally I am not interested to discuss or talk with you @Crysis because you and other similar accounts are not really domainers because not selling or buying domains no portfolio link just trolling me for no reason.

P.s. this thread is closed because it was created as a support help ticket no idea why it is showing public.

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

•••
really great and friendly most of them American, Canadian and Indian, most haters and unfriendly people from Eastern - European region like Romania etc. and I would like to block them and do not to deal with them.
Are you with your senses?

Last edited:
•••
And finally I am not interested to discuss or talk with you @Crysis because you and other similar accounts are not really domainers because not selling or buying domains no portfolio link just trolling me for no reason.

Well. You tagged me, so I am going to respond :-P:-P

Some of the best known domainers of all time like Booth Brothers, Braden Pollock, Rick Schwartz, Mike Mann, Frank Schlling etc have an account at Namepros and they hardly have any trade reviews here, so as per your definition, they are also not real domainers, right?:xf.grin:

•••
This thread has devolved into personal attacks, a strong indicator that there is nothing more of value to be said on the topic. I’m closing the thread for now. Moderators may delete off-topic replies at their discretion.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back