NameSilo

.biz .biz domain in pendingDelete for 12 days now.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Have you ever had this happened to you ? Isn't it supposed to stay in pendingDelete status for roughly 5 days or so only ?

The domain entered in pendingDelete on 2010-03-17

Future info: the domain was registered by a web-hosting company trough eNom.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
could be a .biz thing, not sure but .com is 5days pending delete to name released

•••
enom has a habit of never releasing valuable names

•••
If the name is in pending-delete the registrar no longer controls it at that point.

•••
Have you ever had this happened to you ?
Yes.
I did not count the no. of days, but definitely a bit longer than 5 days.

•••
enom has a habit of never releasing valuable names

the domain was on namejet as a pre-release but there were no bids on it.

I'm waiting for it to expire. But it's very strange that it's still in pendingDelete status after 13 days :lala:

•••
.BIZ Pending Delete is a misnomer of sorts. The first 30 days of that 35 days is similar to that of the Redemption Period for .COM, .NET, etc. At this point the registrar can still recover it.

Only the final 5 days of the 35 day period is truly a "pending delete" in the sense you're thinking of it - that is to say the registrar typically can't recover it anymore - it will be deleted.

Hope this helps - good luck with the catch.

Ron

•••
.BIZ Pending Delete is a misnomer of sorts. The first 30 days of that 35 days is similar to that of the Redemption Period for .COM, .NET, etc. At this point the registrar can still recover it.

Only the final 5 days of the 35 day period is truly a "pending delete" in the sense you're thinking of it - that is to say the registrar typically can't recover it anymore - it will be deleted.

Hope this helps - good luck with the catch.

Ron

ah, didn't knew that. Greatly appreciated. Thank you. Rep added!

In 5 days it will be 1 month since it entered 'pendingDelete' status so I guess I'll see. I'll be on the lookout, anyway.

•••
I think that in .biz/.info the statuses are different than .com/.net:

redemption = pending delete restorable
pending delete = pending delete scheduled for release

•••
It's been now 1 month and 3 days since the domain entered pendingDelete status. I guess I'll find out in the next few days...

•••
Have you checked whois at the registry www.whois.biz
scroll down to the bottom of the results

•••
Have you checked whois at the registry www.whois.biz
scroll down to the bottom of the results

Well, the domain has expired and is now in my hands.

Domagon was right. When in pendingDelete, the .biz domain will actually expire after 35 days and not 5 days like we're used with .coms and .nets.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back