Domain Empire

.org BitcoinCash.org hand reg sold for $48,888

NameSilo
Watch

Do you see value in the cryptocurrency domains?

BrandingModel.com

BrandModel.comTop Member
Impact
Yes that's right... Bitcoincash.org only 4 month old hand reg sold $48,888 via GoDaddy.

It is a functioning website https://www.bitcoincash.org/

This has been reported by Ron @ http://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

That is a fantastic ROI.

By my calculations back in June when 1 x bitcoin value was around $3k they would have only traded in 17 x bitcoin to raise $49k

I own CryptoMining.org & that price tag is $1M+

What are your thoughts on the sale of BitcoinCash.org???

upload_2017-7-22_11-30-49.png

bitcoincash.GIF

upload_2017-7-22_11-35-45.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
great sale for domains and owner.. let's enjoy it while its here..
for the future of bitcoin is anything but certain

for an org this is amazing sale

I own BTCbank.org

which is........... nice.

but like all bitcion domains.. its only as good as btc current value

cheers

•••
why .org ? Didn't the .com and .net sell ? was it the same owner

•••
•••
oh I understand now, there are lot of domains with .NET available, but .org is registered, hmmm

•••
That is a huge sale!!
My next investment is going to be in crypto-currency domain names.

•••
Thanks for news, regged now Bitcoin*Pros.org :)

•••
Also regged Bitcoin*Xchange . org, Easy*Bitcoins . org

•••
At least this sale shows that the belief i cryptocurrencies is strong out there.
And the activity among bitcoiners (and other coiners) shows the same, though there have been ups and downs through the last years.

•••
At least this sale shows that the belief i cryptocurrencies is strong out there.
And the activity among bitcoiners (and other coiners) shows the same, though there have been ups and downs through the last years.

no one can doubt btc doing great now.. I mean 2.5k.. great.
the problem is there is not single person on planet who can guarantee it won't be worth 0$ in a week. many would want to think it won't be.. or think they can guarantee.. but truth is.. they can't.

but great domain sale! clearly, the domain will be worth nothingh or much less once/if btc is worth less/nothing.... when and if.

I got no investment in btc.. just couple domains... so I say this objective and neutrally. just fact, as best as I see it.

cheers

•••
great sale for domains and owner.. let's enjoy it while its here..
for the future of bitcoin is anything but certain

for an org this is amazing sale

I own BTCbank.org

which is........... nice.

but like all bitcion domains.. its only as good as btc current value

cheers
Nice (y)
I totally forgot that I own BitcoinPay.org since 2015. I just checked my parking reports and it had a lot of searches over the past couple of days (y)

•••
The sale looks suspicious to me. Not a great domain, not a .com, one-pager website, 0 backlinks. Oh well.

•••
The sale looks suspicious to me. Not a great domain, not a .com, one-pager website, 0 backlinks. Oh well.

As unpredictable as end user domain name preferences are, this is simply suspicious.

•••

the sale seems legit

heres something related to the term "Bitcoin Cash":
(at trustnodes.com):
http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/07/23/bitcoin-cash-splitting-segwit

also here (at bitcoin.com):
https://news.bitcoin.com/viabtc-launching-bitcoin-cash-token-mining-pool-bitcoin-abc/

and here (at medium.com):
https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball...s-great-news-for-almost-everyone-354525ecc539

•••

Thanks for the links. We'll have a better picture after several months. To me it is a bit odd that someone could not find a better domain for $50k (it doesn't look like they bought a website, only a domain).

•••
Now the seller can buy a pair of 3L .com's and flip them for even more.

•••
To be honest, the name does sound sucks. Too bad it rhymes with BitcoinCrash, BitcoinTrash, BitcoinFasc, BitcoinDash :D

And unfortunately, they got bad reception from bitcoin community on reddit. A redditor even post this meme:

It's a trap
QazzAcl.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I wonder if now is the time to sell some of my bitcoin names. I've got some good ones like BitcoinVirus.com which I intended to develop, but I never seem to get round to it. :)

•••
I am very happy to listen this news because I have similar domain btcfinance.org. It can be possible now it's turn to a Big sell.

Last edited:
•••
This is becuase the btc will have a hard fork and the other currency is called bitcoin cash... In my opinion it won't live for long.

•••
In last week’s DNJournal weekly sales report, BitcoinCash.org was reported as sold at a $48,888 sale price via Rupii/GoDaddy. This sale ranks on DNJournal as the 56th largest public domain name sale of the year, and it is the seventh largest public non-.com domain name sale of the year so far.
Source: https://www.domaininvesting.com/bitcoincash-org-sold-developed/
If it was just registered this past March of this year just how "developed" could it have been to merit such a price? Was it "seller reaching out to end-user" sale? Or auction?

So is it safe to assume this expired domain that was handreg after drop. Had backlinks prior? Which gave it value? Doubt it as it would have been "spotted" and put up for auction by the registrar.

Are we to assume just doing a "quick fixer upper" on an expired domain because of the Bitcoin "craze" right now that this domain merited being bought for $48k+?

I mean I have bitcoin domains right now and not in .org but in King.

Can I copy this template?

Mine were handreg and never dropped.

So gotta be better value? Yes? No?

Congrats to the seller.

Last edited:
•••
If it was just registered this past March of this year just how "developed" could it have been to merit such a price? Was it "seller reaching out to end-user" sale? Or auction?

So is it safe to assume this expired domain that was handreg after drop. Had backlinks prior? Which gave it value? Doubt it as it would have been "spotted" and put up for auction by the registrar.

Are we to assume just doing a "quick fixer upper" on an expired domain because of the Bitcoin "craze" right now that this domain merited being bought for $48k+?

I mean I have bitcoin domains right now and not in .org but in King.

Can I copy this template?

Mine were handreg and never dropped.

So gotta be better value? Yes? No?

Congrats to the seller.

this isn't just yuor nextdoor any average btc domain. it's a new type of payment system from what I quickly read about it,. I won't pretend I know all the details as I am not a btc investor nor even a fan. I am jjust saying it is not a random purchase for random bitcoin+keyword domain. they paid this money cause they knew exactly what they were doing and getting for it.

sadly this sale means nothing or not much to other bitcoin+keyword domains of various types.. nor does it say anything about .org extension. it's a one of a kind sale. and one should be careful when inferring from it things like.. 2017 handregs can still sell for 5 figures.. or .so can org extension..

cheers all.
imo

•••
this isn't just yuor nextdoor any average btc domain. it's a new type of payment system from what I quickly read about it,. I won't pretend I know all the details as I am not a btc investor nor even a fan. I am jjust saying it is not a random purchase for random bitcoin+keyword domain. they paid this money cause they knew exactly what they were doing and getting for it.

sadly this sale means nothing or not much to other bitcoin+keyword domains of various types.. nor does it say anything about .org extension. it's a one of a kind sale. and one should be careful when inferring from it things like.. 2017 handregs can still sell for 5 figures.. or .so can org extension..

cheers all.
imo

Figured as much so had to ask. And a quick Google of "bitcoincash" shows exactly why. Damn! Whoever let that drop is eating their own liver right now. Lol

Seems as though this Bitcoin Cash is part of the Bitcoin Fork "apocalypse" that's been scaring the crypto community and IT IS HAPPENING.

just like how Ethereum became Ethereum and Ethereum Classic.

Now there is Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.

Perhaps the seller could have held out for more??

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back