Dynadot

discuss Bitcoin Is Becoming Greener At An Unexpected Pace, Good For BTC Price?

NameSilo
Watch

Arthur_Millar

Established Member
Impact
Bitcoin, the world’s most valuable cryptocurrency, is going green, and the pace at which the network has reduced its carbon emissions in the past three years has been noted by climate activists. Nonetheless, how this could impact BTC prices and attract technology firms like Tesla, the electric automobile manufacturer, is yet to be seen.

Carbon Emission Associated With Bitcoin Miners Rapidly Falling​

As of late May, on-chain data from Woonomic shared by Daniel Batten, a climate technology investor, and activist, noted that the amount of Carbon emission associated with Bitcoin mining has fallen by nearly 50% from 601g/kWh to 299g/kWh in three short years.

It should be observed that the Bitcoin hash rate and prices have been rising steadily during this time. In the last quarter of 2021, the Bitcoin price soared to as high as $69,000 before collapsing to below $16,000 in November 2022. Although prices have since recovered, soaring to as high as $31,000 in April 2023, the hash rate has been steadily rising over the years.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As long as they keep shovelling money into "carbon offset" then they can do any pointless 💩 that they want in any quantities that they want. So can anybody or corp.

I don't believe in climate change btw...

Last edited:
•••
written by ChatGPT........

Mods should delete this garbage.....

•••
i think BTC is going down at the moment.
”Correlation does not necessarily indicate causation.”

•••
•••
i think BTC is going down at the moment.
”Correlation does not necessarily indicate causation.”
It's would actually gain momentum. It has always been this way since 2011.

•••
As long as they keep shovelling money into "carbon offset" then they can do any pointless 💩 that they want in any quantities that they want. So can anybody or corp.

I don't believe in climate change btw...
lol but climate change is real bro.

•••
•••
lol but climate change is real bro.
If it's real why is there so much waste?

If it's real, why has my local Tesco just recently started stocking vapes up and down the country by the bucket load that are all "disposable", each with a battery in and other components. Devices that end up strewn on the pavement within hours of them being opened just so someone can chong some nicki hit for no reason...

•••
If it's real why is there so much waste?

In part, because humans are typically wasteful and addicted to consumerism.

If it's real, why has my local Tesco just recently started stocking vapes up and down the country by the bucket load that are all "disposable", each with a battery in and other components. Devices that end up strewn on the pavement within hours of them being opened just so someone can chong some nicki hit for no reason...

I'm not a fan of disposable vapes and overpackaging either. People have become accustomed to convenience and instant gratification. Change doesn't happen overnight.

•••
In part, because humans are typically wasteful and addicted to consumerism.

I'm not a fan of disposable vapes and overpackaging either. People have become accustomed to convenience and instant gratification. Change doesn't happen overnight.
All valid points. They have introduced these things in the past 5 years and have become majorly popular in the last 2.

Dumb. These companies pretend to be green. I don't have time for companies pretending to be green.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back